My measurement chart. . .

diamondlady

After 25 weeks, I had to have a relaxer. I did it myself cause I'm leery of stylist, again. How do ever find a good one that is not too far from where you live? Below I have includes a copy of my measurement chart. I update it after every relaxer. I hope you can understand it, because it was hard to post. I have it EXCEL and I tried without success to cut and paste. It was a jumbled mess so I did my best to make it understandable. You may notice some points where I lost inches (usually this is when I got trimmed and once an unauthorized CUT.

Sometimes when I get depressed and suffer setbacks, I look at this chart and remember where I was a couple of years ago.

..............Front........Sides.........Middle........Back
.............RT.....LT.....RT....LT.....RT....LT....RT....LT
8/3/02.....1.5"....3".....3"...3"......3"....3".....4"....4"
10/5/02....3.5"...5"......5"...5".....5"....5".....6"....6"
11/30/02....5".....6"......6"...6".....6"....6".....7"....7"
3/7/03......6".....6"......6"...6".....6"....6".....7.5"..7"
6/12/03.....7".....8"......7"...7".....8"....7".....6"....7"
9/27/03.....9".....9"......9"...9".....8"....8".....7"....8"
12/8/03.....9".....9.5"....8"...8".....9"..9.5".....8"....8"
5/31/04.....12"....11.5"..10"...11"...11.5".11".....9"....9"

I understand the chart, it's good you keep track. Wow, you have retained alot of growth in 2 years.
Are you now about 3 to 4 inches from bra strap?

I really have never measured to see how far it is to my bra clasp. When I started, the longest hair on my head was 3 inches, which a couple of months before I started the chart. (Chemical damage, - bleach & relaxer) I have suffered some major setbacks and I am just happy I've been able to retain this much growth.

Wow, how did you get it to grow that quickly? Congrats on your growth.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
diamondlady said:
I really have never measured to see how far it is to my bra clasp. When I started, the longest hair on my head was 3 inches, which a couple of months before I started the chart. (Chemical damage, - bleach & relaxer) I have suffered some major setbacks and I am just happy I've been able to retain this much growth.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have made wonderful progress.
clap.gif
goodluck.
smile.gif

Carmille,

Do you really think it grew fast? To me, it seems like it's taking forever. I've suffered setbacks. My former stylist did an unauthorized cut in December and cut 2-3 inches.

I've had major shedding problems since then, and have cried and been depressed. I'm just trying to look on the bright side now.

I did notice that where my hair was the shortest, it's retained the most growth (front right side with 10.5-inches growth) and where it was the longest, it has retained the least amount of growth (back, with 5-inches).

I'm hoping others will see my progress when they feel depressed, remember the times I was crying all over the board and feel encouraged and determined to keep working toward their hair length goals. I'm doing better with my growth goals.

Back