My mothers hair

Rae81

im so sad yall, today i went in my moms room and she was combing her hair and i just wanted to cry :crying3:. her hair is doing so bad. just two weeks ago she had enough hair to braid it in single braids, now it looks like her hair has come out. she has no edges, her hairline start far back, and when she got finished combing she had alot of hair in the comb.. i want to start helping her to take care of her hair but do not know where to begin. i was thinking about buying her a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and teaching her how to deep condition, and get her a good leave in . her hair is extremely dry, so i thought that might help her, and also a different comb, she is using a rat tail comb :nono:. i am confident that we can work on this and get it growing again :yep:. i have 2 questions :

What can i use to help to grow back her edges? '
she wears wigs and uses a wig cap which i think is what causing her edges to dissapear, what else can she wear under her wigs, that wont pull out her hair?

you can have her rub castor oil on her edges every night which will grow it and make the hair there thicker so her edges will be stronger.
i dont think the wig cap is the reason her edges are leaving iv never heard of that its a very soft material. it could be braids or maybe if theres combs in her wigs.
my moms the same way. iv picked out her hair products and she refuses to wash her hair weekly because she dyes her grays with a rinse and i just got her M&S. her hair has been doing a little better. and i relax her hair myself because i take the time to do a protein treatment on her a week before and put oil on the relaxed ends and DC after words and I do a silk wrap instead of flat ironing.

if she isnt allergic to sulfer you could use some suffer to help grow back her edges. You might also want to purchase her a hair growth vitamin. I agree ^^^with castor oil too, also maybe some cinnamon oil or some peppermint oil anything to help the circulation to here scalp to get the hair growing again. A good shampoo and conditioner and also a leave in maybe Hawaiian silky 14 n 1 spray works good and its moisturizing.

OP has she started to take any new medicine. Sometimes it could be that which is making her shed so much. Ask her some questions to figure out how come this dramatic change in her hair.

Especially with the shedding see if you can take garlic pills or do black tea rinsing then with a DC. Castor oil may help her edges. Also the good old silk or satin scarf to bed.

You may already know the routine to do protein treatments followed by DCing and bringing her hair back to a good PH balance using Porosity Control and or ACV rinse, all these things will help greatly. Continue or start to get her to moisture her hair and seal and do her weekly washes. Let us know how it is going with her.

Back