MY NATURAL JOURNEY THUS FAR - BC to APL - LOTS of Pics!!

djanae

Hello ladies!

I'm going to post a lot of pics, so I'll try to keep it brief.

I made my first goal- APL - this December, so I thought I'd make a thread showing by progress along the way. I BC'd early October 2009, so my latest pics (end of December 2010) show nearly 15 months of growth/progress. Here goes....

After my big chop - Oct 2009

straight - after BC

Puff at almost 4 months natural

6 months natural

Quick braid out I did before heading to pool - Summer 2009

bantu knot -out I did on reverting straight hair - late September 2009

COMPARISON W/ CURRENT LENGTH: straightened late Dec 2010 - longest layer past APL!!

pony shots for comparison of length/thickness

It's crazy, but after reaching this first goal, I know that I can attain future goals (BSL, MBL and beyond). I've never had consistent growth (or retained it) until these last couple of years. As of now, I'm just enjoying the process. :grin:

Last edited:

andromeda

Beautiful. Your nape in the current ponytail pic is perfection. It's obvious that you take very good care of your hair. :yep:

djanae

Beautiful. Your nape in the current ponytail pic is perfection. It's obvious that you take very good care of your hair. :yep:

Thanks! I have to mention too that I've converted to pressing (and occasional blow-outs). This might account for my nape area looking better when straight lol

I no longer straighten my hair myself...I have A LOT of hair (kind of thick, but more so dense) - so I don't have the patience or technique to handle it anymore :lol:

Wow!!!! Beautiful!!!!

Thank you HoneyComb :)

Your puff is gorgeous by the way :yep:

Last edited:

Janet'

I absolutely love all of the pics!!! Your hair to lovely!!!! :congrats: on the progress made too!!!

Pompous Blue

Gon' girl and do that thing....You have some gorgeous hair and have done a wonderful job on your journey! Keep up the good work!!