MY NATURAL JOURNEY THUS FAR - BC to APL - LOTS of Pics!!

djanae

Awesome hair!! I'm surprised it hasn't been asked already, but what's your regimen!?

Thanks!

My regimen is very simple:

1. I try to clarify every 1-2 weeks with ACV.

Every now and then I shampoo with with Herbal Essence Hello Hydration shampoo (only b/c I accidentally picked it up one day, thinking it was conditioner :lol:) turned out to be pretty decent when I use HH co afterwards.

2. I rotate conditioners for co-washing or just regular shampoo/conditioner wash: Herbal Essence HH, Aussie Moist and my new fav is Suave Almond and Shea Butter

3. My fave leave-ins: Herbal Essence long term relationship leave-in & Kinky Curly Knot Today

4. Always seal with EVCO

For the winter my routine usually follows:

straighten 1x a month MAX (I tried the whole no heat thing, and didn't like it for extended periods of time. I couldn't tell what was going on with my hair/ends).

In the fall/winter, I try to stick to braid outs and I ALWAYS try to use Giovanni Smooth as Silk conditioner while braiding, b/c my braid outs come out best with it IMO.

I'm also thinking of experimenting with roller sets again, b/c I don't feel like dealing with my hair as much when its cold, and I've learned to stretch a straight style to the MAX by doing bantu-knots or braid outs. lol

This past year I've been getting trims a lot more frequently since I found a stylist who actually does TRIMS (dusts my ends) and doesn't cut.

Usually I'll get a DC when I hit the salon or I'll do them at home once a month.

Last edited: