My NumbeR OnE FaN FoR My HaiR CarE JourneY Is:

DrC

Who Is YouR NumbeR OnE FaN FoR YouR HaiR CarE JourneY?

My NumbeR OnE FaN FoR My HaiR CarE JourneY Is:......my Mommy :yahoo:

I told her I was going back natural (again for the 4rth time in my life) and she was sooo excited. Every time I go visit the parents my mommy is always asking "How many weeks are you now? How long is it?? I can't wait to see it! Its going to be so pretty!!" She has not seen my natural hair since last year, so she stays on her toes excited lol.

So inspiring (I love my mommy!!)

She is one of the main reasons I keep going with my hair journey. I was going to put my SO down, but I could have a buzz cut with a tattoo on the side of my head and he wouldn't care :lachen: (Men are clueless to hair anyway)

Whether it be your mom, dad, siblings, the cashier at Wal-Mart, LHCF members, yourself; thats a given lol, even haters, (lol) we all have someone who is a hardcore supporter of our hair journey, and encourages us with their compliments and curiosity.

:thewave:Your Turn :thewave:

Who is your number one Fan of your Hair care Journey?

Who/What inspires you to be persistent?

Do you inspire others with your journey?

Last edited:

NikkiQ

IRL, it has to be my wonderful boyfriend, "baby sister" and my future sister-in-law. They're the only ones I can really confide in when it comes to my hair. The rest of my family and my best friends just don't get why I'm going natural. Hearing "ugh you need a perm" or "I just don't get why you would do that to yourself" from everyone really tends to beat you down.

The what woul be seeing my curls when I wash my hair and envisioning my entire head like that. I've been relaxed since I was about 6 years old so this is a whole new world I'm looking forward to.

The who would have to be my baby sister and the ladies here on LHCF, especially JJamiah, LaFemmeNaturelle, and most of the ladies in the transitioning support threads. Its great to have that group cheering you on the whole way.

Sorta. My baby sister decided to transition with me, but got a little anxious and BCd at about 4 months lol

DrC

IRL, it has to be my wonderful boyfriend, "baby sister" and my future sister-in-law. They're the only ones I can really confide in when it comes to my hair. The rest of my family and my best friends just don't get why I'm going natural. Hearing "ugh you need a perm" or "I just don't get why you would do that to yourself" from everyone really tends to beat you down.

The what woul be seeing my curls when I wash my hair and envisioning my entire head like that. I've been relaxed since I was about 6 years old so this is a whole new world I'm looking forward to.

The who would have to be my baby sister and the ladies here on LHCF, especially JJamiah, LaFemmeNaturelle, and most of the ladies in the transitioning support threads. Its great to have that group cheering you on the whole way.

Sorta. My baby sister decided to transition with me, but got a little anxious and BCd at about 4 months lol

Aww thats so cute that your baby sister looks up to you!!

Yeah I know what you mena when people beat you down over your hair. I had one girl talk me into getting a relaxer again years ago when I was natural and regretted it. She made my hair look like hers and it was ***** ( never again :nono:)

nikolite

Who is your number one Fan of your Hair care Journey? My hubby! He knows the goal is LONG hair so he's there for whatever support I need. He can't wait just as much as me to see how long I can actually grow it, so he tolerates me hiding my hair in protective styles, the wigs, the jacked up, month-old cornrows, the crazy pink nightly hair bonnet, and the dookie braids I air-dry my hair in.

Who/What inspires you to be persistent? You ladies on LHCF of course! Just looking at the siggies and Fotkis here keep me motivated and going, and the regimen I've developed from the info here helps me stay on track.

Do you inspire others with your journey? I think so. One of my friends in particular is slowly inching towards going natural and has adopted a lot of the hair care tips I've told her that I learned from the forums. Once I'm WL I hope that I'll be an inspiration to others here on the forum. By that time, I'll have a nice Fotki set-up starting from the first month I joined LHCF. I take pictures every 2 weeks or so and my progress has been inspiring my own self too!

NikkiQ

Aww thats so cute that your baby sister looks up to you!!

Yeah I know what you mena when people beat you down over your hair. I had one girl talk me into getting a relaxer again years ago when I was natural and regretted it. She made my hair look like hers and it was ***** ( never again :nono:)

Girrrrrl my family is addicted to relaxers and shun me b/c I'm not getting one every 4 WEEKS!!! yes you read correctly. Every 4 weeks. When I hit the 6 month mark, I took my beanie off to show my mom and oldest sis my braids and they looked like they wanted to pull out the tub of Motions, hold my down and go to work on my hair.

AlliCat

I'm my number one fan :D next would be my sister I guess, she really admires my hair.

LHCF and other online communities keep me inspired, motivated and consistent.

I always encourage my friends and fam to take care of their hair. but only a few listen. Guess it will take MBL until people start listening to me

DrC

Girrrrrl my family is addicted to relaxers and shun me b/c I'm not getting one every 4 WEEKS!!! yes you read correctly. Every 4 weeks. When I hit the 6 month mark, I took my beanie off to show my mom and oldest sis my braids and they looked like they wanted to pull out the tub of Motions, hold my down and go to work on my hair.

:lachen: :lachen:

Sianna

My grandmother is pretty excited about it, but I'd have to say my biggest supporter is probably, strange enough, my son! (age 10) He's always telling me I should wear afro puffs and telling me how much my hair has grown. :lol:

There really isn't a who that inspires me to be persistent. It's the memories of damage, dandruff and the hundreds of strands of hair breaking off every time I looked at them in the mirror, let alone put a comb to them!

Not that I know of, not yet anyway. Though I hope I will someday! :yep::grin:

DrC

Who is your number one Fan of your Hair care Journey? My hubby! He knows the goal is LONG hair so he's there for whatever support I need. He can't wait just as much as me to see how long I can actually grow it, so he tolerates me hiding my hair in protective styles, the wigs, the jacked up, month-old cornrows, the crazy pink nightly hair bonnet, and the dookie braids I air-dry my hair in.

Girl I always ask my SO how he feels about my hair journey and he's like "Uh yeah whatever I don't care." I could tell him I want a flat top and he agrees ( WTF?) but he did say he's glad that I take care of my real hair since most black women he has encountered prior to me have a monstrosity of baldness under their wig/weave :lol:

Who/What inspires you to be persistent? You ladies on LHCF of course! Just looking at the siggies and Fotkis here keep me motivated and going, and the regimen I've developed from the info here helps me stay on track.

I STAY in Fotki's. My favorite if Mekaela from the Netherlands

Do you inspire others with your journey? I think so. One of my friends in particular is slowly inching towards going natural and has adopted a lot of the hair care tips I've told her that I learned from the forums. Once I'm WL I hope that I'll be an inspiration to others here on the forum. By that time, I'll have a nice Fotki set-up starting from the first month I joined LHCF. I take pictures every 2 weeks or so and my progress has been inspiring my own self too!

That good that your friend is leaning to healthy hair care practices. One less head who is oblivoius to hair care :drunk:
LHCF has been taking over one seed at a time :banana:

LaFemmeNaturelle

I don't have any fans lol everyone is nonchalant about it. My mom doesn't care, my dad doesn't care, my boyfriend doesnt care but he tries to act like it sometimes to make me happy lol, my brother doesn't care.

What inspires me to be persistent is looking at other ladies progress and visualizing my hair at hip length.

I don't know if I inspire anyone on the boards but nobody in real life cares....well my friends like my hair because its long but they do not want to be dedicated enough for a regimen and they think I'm crazy for being apart of hair boards.

bebezazueta

My hubby! He lets me spend however much I want on my hair, He listens to all my boring hair details, He takes my hair pics, He encourages me to keep going, and the list goes on!

LHCF! My fav youtubers: fgrogan, Traycee, Onika, ninapruitt

Yes, I'm helping over 20 women with their hair journey!

DrC

My grandmother is pretty excited about it, but I'd have to say my biggest supporter is probably, strange enough, my son! (age 10) He's always telling me I should wear afro puffs and telling me how much my hair has grown. :lol:

Well thats good your son is supportive. My nephew says he missee me as a shaved blonde ( The Eve look) lol

There really isn't a who that inspires me to be persistent. It's the memories of damage, dandruff and the hundreds of strands of hair breaking off every time I looked at them in the mirror, let alone put a comb to them!

Yep, I can understand that. Years and years of damage, dandruff and breakage kick starts one into doing better with their hair.

Not that I know of, not yet anyway. Though I hope I will someday! :yep::grin:

I didn't know you had a son. From me judging your pics I thought you were around 18. lol

I don't have any fans lol everyone is nonchalant about it. My mom doesn't care, my dad doesn't care, my boyfriend doesnt care but he tries to act like it sometimes to make me happy lol, my brother doesn't care.

....Really?!?!?!? Is your family very nonchalant??

What inspires me to be persistent is looking at other ladies progress and visualizing my hair at hip length.

I don't know if I inspire anyone on the boards but nobody in real life cares....well my friends like my hair because its long but they do not want to be dedicated enough for a regimen and they think I'm crazy for being apart of hair boards.

You mean as far as your family goes no one cares or just overall family friends co-workers etc. don't care?? Do any of your friends/family take care of their hair??

Well whatever, you have us to be happy about your hair :drunk:

My hubby! He lets me spend however much I want on my hair, He listens to all my boring hair details, He takes my hair pics, He encourages me to keep going, and the list goes on!

Good For You!! I can't get my sweetheart to do ish!! LOL!!

LHCF! My fav youtubers: fgrogan, Traycee, Onika, ninapruitt

Yes, I'm helping over 20 women with their hair journey!

Do you have a blog??

Last edited:

Solitude

My mom is my number one hair fan. She constantly tells me my hair looks good, that it's growing, and that I'm doing a wonderful job. On the other hand, she's so-so about my sister's natural hair journey. Ah, well! You can't have it all.

I'm trying to prove something to myself. Plus, my progress pictures show me that being persistent and consistent makes a difference. When I slack off, I definitely see a difference.

Yes, I try to. I buy and share products for/with my mom and sister. I hope to inspire my niece, but I worry because she has natural hair and she sees me with relaxed hair. My sister went natural to inspire her daughter (my niece). I blog and write about my progress on facebook. I've inspired all of my best friends to go natural (except one who transitioned on her own). I share tips with those who have a genuine interest as well.

JuiceMobsta

ME. :giggle:

ME, MYSELF, And MY desire to grow healthy long hair. :yep:

I try to...:ohwell:

CurlyGirl1996

Who is my #1 Fan of my hair journey?
No one, my mom does not like it, shes always asking me," when are you going to straighten your hair?" No one else cares either. Nah, wait a minute, maybe my best friend, she ask about my hair journey every once in a long while.

No one...just me.
I'm happy with my natural (almost) hair. It dosn't matter what others think as long as I'm happy with it. Sometimes I think only naturals can appreciate naturals.
Do you inspire inspire with your hair journey?
?

Carisa

Who is your number one Fan of your Hair care Journey? Really noone other than me, but others know im growing my hair out since i wear braids and they ask why- when i first started my mom was like ur growing your hair? what??? your going to be wearing wigs forever and my sister really didnt say anything lol so i guess im my #1 fan and i really dnt tell alot of people in general though.

Who/What inspires you to be persistent? lhcf, hair challenges and youtube

Do you inspire others with your journey? No, not really i wear my braids with wigs, i dont think people will be that receptive anyways until i get alot of lenght. My friends dnt seem to care about hair much either.

iri9109

myself! i dont think anyone really cares about what i'm doing with my hair but me...my mom, sister, brother, and some of my friends think im obsessed. :look: i'm not.

seeing pics of naturals on here and curlynikki and youtube etc that have long hair...even the non naturals....i just like long hair if its healthy

yes! convinced my mom to go natural, and i did her BC...and she made my lil sister transition, and already cut about 80% of the relaxer off of hers...last night one of my besties told me she was going natural :) i was shocked because over the summer she was saying how she couldnt go natural because her curls were too tight blah blah blah, but now she's had a change of heart lol

Freespirit02

Who is your number one Fan of your Hair care Journey? My husband. He always has his hands in it..and calling me "the puff". He's son loves it too. My husband always tells him.."touch it..it's so soft..this is what hair looks like when it isn't relaxed". My mom..she always looks at it and tells me how nice it has grown. My baby niece..and a few random ppl.

Who/What inspires you to be persistent? The thought of have big beautiful hair. It reminds me of being an African queen. Oh also my husband taking pictures every time he sees a big puff,lol.

Do you inspire others with your journey? I think so. Some ppl never thought I would still be natural..so when they see I'm still on it..they either love it..or hate on me.