My one year LHCF results! PICS!!!!

darlingdiva

Here are a few lessons I learned along the way:

1. Don't be surprised if you have to adjust your reggie as your hair gets longer. I discovered that I'm working with multiple hair textures and have to treat each texture accordingly.

2. Do embrace doing your own hair. I still don't self relax, but doing the regular weekly care (wash, DCing) myself has kept me in tune with changes in my hair. Before LHCF, I NEVER, EVER washed my own hair or did anything to it. I was a slave to my stylist. :lachen:Knowing my hair prevented me from listening to my stylist's recent advice to cut the bottom 3 inches of my hair because it is texlaxed rather than bone straight like the rest of my hair. I knew the hair wasn't damaged, so I sought solutions other than the scissors!

3. Don't sleep on protective styling. I didn't do it at first, but when a few LHCF members suggested that I do it as a way to break my BSL plateau, I noticed a major retention difference. I've been bunning since May and as you can see from my trim, I hardly had to trim anything. It was more of a dusting. Prior to this, I was having to trim about a 1/2 inch each time.

Congratulations on your progress!!! Your hair looks great. I have no doubt that you will make MBL. I completely understand where you're coming from w/ point #2. Before January of 2007, I never washed my own hair, either. The stylist did that for me. The only thing I did was roll it and put grease on it. Doing my own hair allowed me to get to know it, and knowing your hair makes ALL the difference.

hillytmj

Congratulations on your progress!!! Your hair looks great. I have no doubt that you will make MBL. I completely understand where you're coming from w/ point #2. Before January of 2007, I never washed my own hair, either. The stylist did that for me. The only thing I did was roll it and put grease on it. Doing my own hair allowed me to get to know it, and knowing your hair makes ALL the difference.

LOL! Isn't that funny how we grow up relying on the stylist for the most basic things? I was nervous about doing my own hair, but I have always noticed that the majority of the ladies, that I've ever known, who had long hair always did it themselves. Also, thanks for the words of encouragement. :)