My Picture (Newbie)

Lorraine

Hey ladies,
I'm new to the board. I'm working to achieve five inches before 2005 but I must admit I love my curling and crimping iron. I try to wrap it or wear it naturally curly but I was wondering what regimen everyone follows and which conditioning and oil products you would recommend?

~ Lorraine

My Picture

pebbles

Welcome LorraineG!

Your pictures are lovely!

Topazz

Mrs Christopher Tracy
Welcome LorraineG! You are very pretty and your hair is beautiful.
How do you wear your hair? Is it natural, texturized or relaxed? What products do you currently use? This info will help others give you recommendations. The products I use are in my sig line.

Lorraine

Topazz,
Thank you! Can I get these products from a beauty supply store like Sally's Beauty or do I have to go to a salon?

I wore my hair in a sewn in weave for almost a year before taking it out. I recently started looking for really good products to use on MY hair. I took that photo two months ago the night I took the weave out.

On my hair, I currently use:
- Cream of Nature Conditioning Shampoo
- Optimum Care Conditioner
- Mizani hair dress (when wrapping hair at night)

My hair is naturally curly (and a bit wild) so every three months I use Optimum Care relaxer to calm down the curls and either straighten it or pull it up in curls like in the photo.

Thanks!

Lorraine

Thank you, ladies. You all have such beautiful and *healthy* hair and I hope to learn a lot from you. Hopefully, in a month or two I can share a photo album of my progress!

brickhouse

Hi Lorraine
, you will need to find a good moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and also a good protein conditioner. I just purchased Aubrey GPB to use for protein and I love it. The key to growing your hair is to moisturize, moisturize and moisturize. I hope you get 5 inches and more.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Welcome Lorraine.
Coconut oil is a great oil for hair. Iv'e been using it for a while now...and I recommend for anyone that has a problem with dryness...or if your trying to tame new growth. Ur curls look great

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hi

It's so nice to have you and your hair is REALLY cute. I am constantly amazed by the variety of beautiful women and beautiful hair that we have on this board.

Have fun

Topazz

Mrs Christopher Tracy
Hi...

Here's where I get my goodies..

Pantene:Target or Wal-Mart
Elucence:pleasantimage.com
Mimosa hair honey:carolsdaughter.com
Shea Butter:natureswildchild.com
Kenra Conditioner:Trade Secret
IC Gel: Beauty Supply Store

HTH

Topazz

Lorraine

TransitioningK,
I had a very long weave sewn in. My stylist was very good about braiding my hair into larger cornrows so as not to pull my hair nor break it. I oiled my scalp and washed the extensions so that my hair was getting cleansed. The braids were very flat and I had her leave a lot of bangs and side hair out so that you couldn't see where the weave began. I've had a lot of weaves so I make sure they sew it in a certain way to avoid the 'bump' at the top of my head. That's key as well as the type of hair you select.

I wore it pretty long. I have a big head so I like a lot of hair! It was about 14 inches but I had her trim it so that it was somewhat realistic. LOL. I wore it straight but many times crimped as that got the most response out of people. The curls were lovely!

I'd be happy to email you pictures or put them in my photo album so that others can see. Let me know.