My Ponytail Rollerset Worked! I Love My Hair!!

Isis

I did it! I used a ponytail airdry rollerset method last night that Pandora introduced a while back and it worked! My hair dried overnight and it was so easy!

I made only 4 ponytails using ouchless bands when my hair was wet (after finishing my hair regime including leave-in and my favorite oils), but not too tight, then I rolled them all the way up smooth and taut using very large magnetic rollers. I made sure the rollers were in the back of my head so I could sleep on my sides with comfort.

This morning I took the rollers out and my hair was already airdried, soft, moisturized, with lots of shine and swing and almost straight.
The roots were dried straight and smooth and the ends looked great! The only damp part was where the bands were so I wrapped my hair to finish drying that part. That only took about 30 minutes, maybe less. As I mentioned in another post, I put ouchless bands just in my bangs the other day and it kept my roots straight and smooth. The large rollers made my bangs straight. Pandora's thread is called "a possible alternative for 'hopeless' rollersetters" and it can be found at http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=125697&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&vc=1

I'm so greatful for learning how to airdry in this way.
The other way of rollersetting took way too long for my hair to dry. Too bad I'm not wearing my hair out yet. I played with my hair and tossed it for a little bit, then put it up in my bun.

Tebby1017

Isis, I'm happy for you...I was planning on trying this myself so you have definately given me the incentive.

Tebby

marla

Gurl,
Thanks for the tip! I am ADDICTED to air drying with the ponytail method. I do it with one ponytail though! I can't wait to try you method!!

Isis

Thank you everyone!! I feel so free! I think rollersetting this way (like before I go to bed) gives me more time to do other things and when my bun days are over, I'll have more styling options.

soslychic

[ QUOTE ]
Gurl,
Thanks for the tip! I am ADDICTED to air drying with the ponytail method. I do it with one ponytail though! I can't wait to try you method!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm curious as to how you do it with 1 ponytail. Do you put it in a ponytail and then use several rollers in the back to roll it?

uniquev11

Re: My Ponytail Rollerset Worked! I Love My Hair!!

I love the ponytail rollerset.
I use 2 ponytails and its so easy for me to set my hair after washing it now.

Just clip, roll, and go!

soslychic

Isis, THANKS SO MUCH FOR BRINGING BACK PANDORA'S POST! I had forgotten about this method and I tried it recently. It is WONDERFUL! My roots were so much straighter than I would have expected and so much straighter than when I regular rollerset because I could never do it right. And I didn't have the werid 50's curls that I used to have. And my hair was straight and this dosn't take long to do at all unlike rollersetting which takes forever and I can't even do it myself. I need help. Thanks so much again.

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Isis, THANKS SO MUCH FOR BRINGING BACK PANDORA'S POST! I had forgotten about this method and I tried it recently. It is WONDERFUL! My roots were so much straighter than I would have expected and so much straighter than when I regular rollerset because I could never do it right. And I didn't have the werid 50's curls that I used to have. And my hair was straight and this dosn't take long to do at all unlike rollersetting which takes forever and I can't even do it myself. I need help. Thanks so much again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks again everyone, especially you Pandora!

And you're welcome Soslychic! I'm glad it worked for you too! I struggled too long with regular rollersetting which I managed to do only once successfully (after too much time went by). This is much easier for me and it saves time. And most importantly, it works!

ngaa

congrats to all the ladies whove managed to air dry their hair with this method!! cant wait till my hair is long enough for me to be able to do this

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Hey Isis! I just took off my wig and I'm doing this method right now. I can't wait to see results in the morning!!! :weird:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Poohbear said:
Hey Isis! I just took off my wig and I'm doing this method right now. I can't wait to see results in the morning!!! :weird:
My hair turned out pretty good. Soft and shiny!!! My new growth still looked on the dry side but having them in ponytails got my new growth pretty straight (except for the crown area which is really coily). I'll post pics after I get off work! ;)