One of my hair's enemies....humidity!

queenofmean68

One of my hair\'s enemies....humidity!

I have baby fine hair that is relaxed(bone straight), and IF I happen to have a rollerset, or a fresh wrap--it falls flat. I was thinking of rolling my hair at night with a setting lotion just to give my hair more body & bounce during the day, but sleeping on rollers is stressful on the hair. I haven't rolled my hair in years & I tried the other day, got tired TOO quick & gave up.
swearing.gif
Any advice, suggestions, or alternatives?

Re: One of my hair\'s enemies....humidity!

Nexxus Headdress is a thick leave-in that thickens the hair. I like mixing it with essential oils. Since your hair is baby fine, try a teeny bit at first so it doesnt weigh your hair down...

My hair is fine too, and what I do sometimes is roll my hair up at night on medium sized sponge rollers (covered with end papers); I use this stuff called Salon Selectives Loosely Defined (it's discontinued, but I found it on Ebay) and my hair comes out FANTASTIC!!!:) I just love the Salon Selectives!! My curls come out looking so awesome; soft and spirally and not at all hard!! The last time I did this, my fiance came in the door and asked me when did I go get my hair done!!! It felt SOOO good to say, "I did it myself!!"
bdance.gif

[ QUOTE ]
My hair is fine too, and what I do sometimes is roll my hair up at night on medium sized sponge rollers (covered with end papers); I use this stuff called Salon Selectives Loosely Defined (it's discontinued, but I found it on Ebay) and my hair comes out FANTASTIC!!!:) I just love the Salon Selectives!! My curls come out looking so awesome; soft and spirally and not at all hard!! The last time I did this, my fiance came in the door and asked me when did I go get my hair done!!! It felt SOOO good to say, "I did it myself!!"
bdance.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I have 2 bottles of the SSLD. I'm gonna have to try this tonight...

Have you ever tried the twisty type rollers? I used mine last night and today I have bouncy shiny curls, plus they are not uncomfortable to sleep in.

You will LOVE it Sweetcocoa!! I guarantee it!! I usually use a little bit of mango butter along the length of my hair, & maybe just a teeny bit of oil for shine, then put the SSLD on the ends. Let me know how it comes out!!

EmeraldSkye, what twisty type rollers are you talking about? The flexi-rods?? Those seem like they would be hard to sleep on.

I used it 2 years ago while I was transistiong along with some Aveda Brilliant styling creme and did a dry set with magnetic rollers. It turned out well but I sat under a dryer because of the magnetic rollers. I will try your idea with the sponge rollers because I think it will last longer if I leave it in over night.

Sweetcocoa,
I can make my sponge roller set last for days (but of course, with the humidity, that's another story!!
ohwell.gif
)

Lindy,

Heres a link to a picture http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?dept%5Fid=2210&pf%5Fid=209401, they come in differences sizes and are pretty cheap.

Because they are made from a rubbery material they are pretty comfortable to sleep in. I part my hair in about 4-6 sections (2 on each side and 2 in the back) and roll each section carefully starting at the ends and then I bend the roller on top and cover with a silk scarf. They stay in place and depending on where you position them you can forget you even have them in. I try to position them closer to the top of my head for comfortable, they are totally flexible. HTH
smile.gif

Wow, thanks EmeraldSky, those look GREAT!! I'm definitely going to the BSS this weekend to get some of those and maybe some flexirods, too!!

[ QUOTE ]
Lindy,

Heres a link to a picture http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/product.asp?dept%5Fid=2210&pf%5Fid=209401, they come in differences sizes and are pretty cheap.

Because they are made from a rubbery material they are pretty comfortable to sleep in. I part my hair in about 4-6 sections (2 on each side and 2 in the back) and roll each section carefully starting at the ends and then I bend the roller on top and cover with a silk scarf. They stay in place and depending on where you position them you can forget you even have them in. I try to position them closer to the top of my head for comfortable, they are totally flexible. HTH
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought some of those yesterday and I'm gonna try them tonight. Thanks for your post emeraldsky! I was wondering what's the best and quickest way to roll my hair with these. I'll try 6 sections like you did.

Back