my progress pictures !!!!

TheQueenBeeMaya

so, i'm really excited to share with everyone my progress pictures for the first quarter of this year, i've been working really hard on taking care of my hair, and i think it really shows ! my regimen is very simple:

cowash 1xweek/every other week (depending on how i'm wearing my hair) with suave
acv rinses 1xmonth
moisturize my ends with olive and coconut oil mixture about 5x a week, sometimes i also use kinky curly leave in conditioner
i wear my hair pressed 3/4 weeks a month, the other week i wear it in a braidout (i'm natural)

also, i don't use protective styles, i wear my hair out 99% of the time, so it CAN BE DONE LADIES !

so here's the pictures !

January 09

February 09

March 09 (taken today)

also, how much longer do you ladies (gents?) think i have until APL?? :grin:

supermodelsonya

Girl you are slowly but surely getting there! I'm proud of you. I'm also glad you posted this thread because the board is dead today LOL. I love progress pics!

To answer your question....it looks like your tail reaches it on one side and it looks differently on the other side. Pics are a weird thing. I'd say about an inch.

Great job...oh and with your progress you should hit full APL way before August..Hell you'll be on your way to BSL by then!

sqzbly1908

That is some great progress!!! - you hair looked good to begin with - I see APL in less than 3 months (if not earlier) based on your current rate

lilsparkle825

beautiful hair! and since you're natural...i can pick your brain :)

so you moisturize the pressed hair with EVOO and CO only? my mom wears her hair mainly straight but is having a hard time finding a moisturizer that doesn't cause reversion...

i'd love to see pics of your braidouts.

msa

beautiful hair! and since you're natural...i can pick your brain :)

so you moisturize the pressed hair with EVOO and CO only? my mom wears her hair mainly straight but is having a hard time finding a moisturizer that doesn't cause reversion...

i'd love to see pics of your braidouts.

A lot of naturals use only coconut oil to moisturize their straight hair because it doesn't cause reversion. There's a thread about it...I think it's called "for the love of coconuts" or something like that. It was started by LuckysMom. I know Pinkskates also uses it, it's talked about in the "naturals that straighten" thread that she started.

Your hair looks great Maya. It looks like your tail is just touching APL. As far as the rest, you probably only have a couple months to go. Great progress!

lilsparkle825

A lot of naturals use only coconut oil to moisturize their straight hair because it doesn't cause reversion. There's a thread about it...I think it's called "for the love of coconuts" or something like that. It was started by LuckysMom. I know Pinkskates also uses it, it's talked about in the "naturals that straighten" thread that she started.

Your hair looks great Maya. It looks like your tail is just touching APL. As far as the rest, you probably only have a couple months to go. Great progress!
that's what I use too, but I feel like my mom needs/wants something MORE...i might get her some nourish and shine.

msa

that's what I use too, but I feel like my mom needs/wants something MORE...i might get her some nourish and shine.

Hmm. I love coconut oil because it's proven to penetrate the hair strand and it really nourishes the hair.

Is she DCing enough before she straightens? Coconut oil is light and it's easy to weigh down straight hair with a heavy moisturizer. I've never tried the JC stuff though.

TheQueenBeeMaya

Girl you are slowly but surely getting there! I'm proud of you. I'm also glad you posted this thread because the board is dead today LOL. I love progress pics!

To answer your question....it looks like your tail reaches it on one side and it looks differently on the other side. Pics are a weird thing. I'd say about an inch.

Great job...oh and with your progress you should hit full APL way before August..Hell you'll be on your way to BSL by then!

Really? You think before August?? Heeeyyyy ! I might just be wearing my hair out this summer instead of braids if it'll be that long !

TheQueenBeeMaya

Wow - Beautiful hair and very nice growth!

How do you do your braidouts?

Thank you !

For my braidouts, I just cowash as usual and then braid my hair into about 10-12 braids, I then coat the hair (the whole length) with olive oil and coconut oil. I let it dry overnight, and the next morning perfect braidout !

hillytmj

Wow! You experienced some very quick growth! Keep doing what you're doing and you'll be full APL by May??? I personally think you're already there. :)