my progress pictures !!!!

wannabelong

Great progress. Your hair looks so healthy. It looks like the tip/tail of your hair is already at APL. Keep it up and the rest of your hair will be APL very soon.

Nice Lady

Your hair is growing out of control. What are you taking in terms of your food intake and do you exercise? It is like you breathe and your hair grows.

TheQueenBeeMaya

Your hair is growing out of control. What are you taking in terms of your food intake and do you exercise? It is like you breathe and your hair grows.

Wow, what a compliment ! I like to think I eat pretty healthy, rarely do I ever eat fast food. An average day foodwise for me is oatmeal for breakfast, turkey sandwhich for lunch, and chicken with some kind of veggies for dinner. I don't ever drink soda, but starbucks is my guilty pleasure ! I try for 70oz of water every day. I used to be really good with my exercise routine, but I hated how it made my hair look so I stopped. I have got to get back to the gym. When I did go I went 5-6x a week and did 60 minutes of high intensity cardio, then lifted weights for about 30 minutes. This routine helped me go from 150 to 130lbs. If you take a second look at my pictures you can also see the decline in my love handles !

TheQueenBeeMaya

One more question, ladies! I would really love to be bsl by the end of the year. I know this sounds stupid, but I long for people to tell me I have long hair. is bsl by December too far fetched a goal?

Barbie83

Your hair looks great, very inspirational progress!

By the way, your body looks more smaller and more toned today than in the first pic...do you have a workout regimen? I find that cardio helps my growth (and my belly) lol

KaramelDiva1978

Maya,
Your hair is gorgeous and I'm so glad you find a regimen that works. I just have one question, since you wear your hair done most of the time are you simply wrapping it at night or do you use heat a few times week? I may start wrapping more often just to give my edges a break from the protective, pony options.

Thanks for the inspiration! Happy, hair growth!

TheQueenBeeMaya

Your hair looks great, very inspirational progress!

By the way, your body looks more smaller and more toned today than in the first pic...do you have a workout regimen? I find that cardio helps my growth (and my belly) lol

thank you! And yes, I've been working out hard, I dropped twenty pounds! I explained my workout regimen in detail a couple posts before this. I've found that cardio helps me out as well!

TheQueenBeeMaya

Maya,
Your hair is gorgeous and I'm so glad you find a regimen that works. I just have one question, since you wear your hair done most of the time are you simply wrapping it at night or do you use heat a few times week? I may start wrapping more often just to give my edges a break from the protective, pony options.

Thanks for the inspiration! Happy, hair growth!

Thank you so much! Once I get my hair pressed, I do not ever use any additional heat. I keep the shape by wrapping every night and tieing with a silk scarf. If for some reason I sweat my hair out or my wrap gets messed up, I keep my hair in a bun until wash day. I actually don't even own a flat iron! It broke in a car accident years ago, and I noticed since I no longer had access to it, my hair became healthier!