My Re-touch Experience Yesterday @ JCPenney(long)

Ayeshia

Re: My Re-touch Experience Yesterday @ JCPenney(lo

This story was too damn funny...I had to print it out!!!!

Oh I am glad that YOUR hair turned out in tip top shape.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

Thanks for sharing. I enjoyed reading that--like I was reading a specialty book on the salon visits of black women. Hmmm...maybe we LHCFers should write one

ElizaBlue

Not completely. I just noticed that if I con washed every day because my hair is so thick I would have to comb it every day. So it just seems that when it's most fragile, which is when it's wet is when I have to comb it more to get it to look neat. And I was seeing more shedding than I was comfortable with. I only plan to use heat once a week.

ElizaBlue

I'm glad everyone had a good laugh. As for the 6-roller lady, well...I would have liked to offer some advice. But I could sort of tell from her demeanor she had undying faith in D. A couple of times I smiled at her to try and break the silence and she would just look the other way. I felt sorry for her.

Vitality

Elizablue, Are you referring to Willowbrook Mall in Houston?
Great story and I am glad you had a happy ending

BeautyOfTruth

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Glad your experience turned out positive. As i read your story, i felt like i was reading a juicy novel.

[/ QUOTE ]

So did I!
Thanks for sharing, and I am happy that you like your hair.

miss_brown

EB, you are an awesome writer

I'm still over here
at:
1. Big Momma
2. "Okay, now back to me"
3. Big Momma and D's commentary on your perming every 2 weeks and the prenatal vits

I am a little sad for the 6 roller lady, though

Ah well - at least your hair looks good

soapdiva2

Guurrl I'm at work and I had to login and post because you are too cute w/your story. You really should consider writing professionally, you made my day (big momma) could be one of the main characters
. Glad your hair turned out well.

zia1

Girl, I am reading this and laughing my head off, only I can identify with the 3 inches of hair being covered with relaxer everytime I went to the hairdressers back in Jamaica. Good for you getting all your needs in!!

ElizaBlue

Thanks ladies and "guy".....I think???) Ya'll make me wanna post my little book I'm working on. Let me just put it like this, Zane comes to me for material. But it'll make you laugh as well.

stacy

Let me chime in my 2 cents! Girl, I was so engrossed in your story that I could visualize Big Momma and stylist D! It really did read like a novel. Maybe we need to make an LHCF version of those awful Motions Comics (anybody remember them?)! Stlist D seemed too fabulous to work in a JC Penney salon. Anyway, I am so glad that you spoke up for yourself. So many stylists think we are totally stupid and we are often too afraid to even question them. Go on, Girl!

Janet'

My B.A. degree is in English: Creative Writing (Short Fiction)...Gread that story OP...I'm glad that you stuck to your guns and asked the "tough" questions that "we" sometimes shy away from. Kudos to you!

ETA: I JUST realized this was from 2004...GREAT story, nonetheless!

kyla

I really enjoyed your story! I am glad your results came out positive. I also went to JC Penny last Saturday to get a relaxer, my stylist was upset I would not let her use a flat iron on my hair, when I first started going to her I got my hair cut to ear lenght, and now 10 months later my hair is shoulder length, she was surprised at how my hair grew, that was because I NEVER let her put ANYTHING hot in my hair, and I only get relaxers every 4 months. Again Great story!!