My regime: Please advice

Naijaqueen

Hello wonderful ladies, I must say this site is addictive, I was a lurker who finally summoned up the courage to post, and now I check it like 10x a day! I've also decided to change up my regime, I've been scissors happy in the past 5yrs, and have been unable to grow my hair past my shoulders. Actually last time my hair was really at shoulder length was 2yrs or so ago, and even then it wasnt really healthy. I just got a touch up on July 21, and now I'm going to make myself not get another one till end of Sep/early Oct. Right now my hair is a little past my chin on my neck.

I'm starting to do a cowash every day or every other day
I'm rocking braidouts, last night, I started with cowash part, and used Infusium condition to wash. I then added MTG to my scalp, as well as surge, both of which I've been using for 7weeks now. I used Salerm 21 as a leave in conditioner, and very delicately cornrowed my hair with ORS Carrot Oil on my fingers. I took it down this morning and it turned out great. I like the fact that I didnt have to use any heat at any point, and that I could airdry it through the night! I put surge on my scalp, and put carrot oil through my hair, especially on the ends. I plan on rocking this hairstyle for the most part till my next touchup. I also work out a bit so its ideal. I cant even tell my friends how frequently I plan on washing my hair cause they'll think I'm crazy but we all know better. I figure I'd let the state of my hair in the next few months be the proof.

I ordered powdered MSM, and L-Cysteine. I've been taking GNC Ultranourish Hair and Nails for a while anyway, and still do.
I just got a fotki account, and I'm uploading my hair pics.

Thank you ladies so much, its really inspiring to see steps people have taken, and I know that unless I have a genuine interest in my hair, no hair dresser can truly make my hair grow. My immediate goal is healthy shoulder length hair by Dec 2005, but I've no doubt that if I do what I'm supposed to do, I'll pass it by Oct/Nov.

sassyhair

Your regimine seems simple and to the point, I see no reason why you wouldnt acheive you hair goals by doing what you are doing.

Good Luck!

Naijaqueen

Thanks, I guess I've always thought it was by some kind of miracle or good hair dresser that folks are able to grow healthy hair, but the more time I spend on this site, the more I realize its so attainable.
I also have a nice wig for days when I feel the need for something else, I cant wait!!
Thanks again

sassyhair said:
Your regimine seems simple and to the point, I see no reason why you wouldnt acheive you hair goals by doing what you are doing.

Good Luck!

Naijaqueen

Just started taking L-Cysteine which is also helping me with muscle mass for working out

My Lenzi Request came, and been using it for 2days now

Queenie

It looks good, just be watchful for dryness and breakage. If you see that, at all, rethink your regime and look at what other sucessful ladies are doing. Many have journals posted on this site including myself.

onepraying

Healthy Hair Quest..
Queenie said:
It looks good, just be watchful for dryness and breakage. If you see that, at all, rethink your regime and look at what other sucessful ladies are doing. Many have journals posted on this site including myself.

I agree.

I also notice you only use the Salerm leave-in and carrot oil after a wash. You may want to consider adding a moisturizer like ORS Olive Oil, shea butter or some other moisturizer that works for you. That's ONLY if you notice any dryness (the Surge has an uncanny way of drying out the scalp and irritating it..pay close attention!). However, I'd start now to head off any problems later.

Remember MOISTURE!!! MOISTURE!!! MOISTURE is the key to retaining the length we gain!

HtH

~op~

Naijaqueen

Thanks so much everyone. I've not used Surge in past 2 days, just been using MTG and also Lenzi. I use Lenzi on my scalp as well as a mosturizer, but I think I'll also use my ORS Olive Oil, since I have that from b4.

Thanks agan for sharing the knowledge, I've a long way to go but I'm excited!!