My relaxer experience at la Var by Marcia

Mitre

Hello everyone I got my hair done at la Var in new york today. Actually I came in on wednesday to get a touch up and I asked for Marcia,another lady approach me and ask if I had an appointment etc. I was told to have a seat then MARCIA came and spoke to me. I didnot even know we were having a consulation. Ladies this lady was so sweet we talk about everything later on she said every new client she has to have a consultion with them. I was like is this aq consulation do I have to pay
. She said no anyway she told me she cannot do my hair on that day because it was wet. I was like no way I want it done now ( SINCE i HAD JUST TAKEN MY BRAIDS OUT AND MY HAIR LOOK LIKE A HOT MESS)and she said NO!. She made an appointment for 5pm on Friday.This lady Marcia is so sweet she actually didnot tell me " listen here who went to beauty school" as I rattle off to her my list of things NOT to do to my hair.
This was the only time in my life that a hairdresser based my entire scalp. Then she put and oil on the relaxer hair to protect it. After she relaxed only the new growth( 20 weeks worth of new growth) as far as I could see (I donot have eyesin the back of my head so I could not tell if she overlapped ). One of my demands was that the relaxer must be left on for only 20 minutes. Marcia finish applying the relaxer onto my entire head in 5 minutes the smooth it in 5 minutes I made her sooth it over again because that was to fast. I was impressed usually hair styist take 30 minute to the process and tell you to let it marinate some more. Then we went to the sink. Ladies she spend 20 minutes washing the relaxer out
wow wow wowwwwwwwww. I was impress again. First she wash the relaxewr out with the hose section by section and she was so gently. While washing the relaxer out I saw her looking for relaxer in my hair woww what a lady. then she change the towel wowwwww. ( this is so important so the relaxer on the towel if there was any would not get onto my hair) the marcia put the afirm conditioner onto my hair and left me for five minutes. FLASH BACK 20 weeks ago when I got my hair done not once did she change the towel in fact when I told her about iit she said no mamie relaxed wtf i took it off anyway and she overlap big time I actually had to make her put more protectant on to my relax hair. This tick her off. She had relaxer on one of her hand and was holding my relaxer hair with her hands that had relaxer on it..
Any way marcia then wash my hair out then shampoo it three times wowwwww.
after she put a condition on it and put me under the dryer for 15 minutes.

UmSumayyah

I hear Marcia's the best.... *sigh* I wish we had transporter technology so I could beam myself to NY for touchups. I do it myself and I do a pretty good job but it is a pain. I have to do it again tomorrow or Monday... oh well. It's only every 12 weeks.

Mitre

La Var is located on 134 west 72 street Ny NY 10023 tel (212)721-0209. You can call and set up an appointment for a free consulation. I paid $72 for my touchup it is pricey but worth every penny. Their atmosphere is very professional. Not like traditional black salons