My Senegalese twists that I did last weekend...pics

Distorted Barbie

I did some Senegalese twists this weekend. I started Friday night and ended on Sunday, with LOTS of breaks in between. I used 4 packs of Kanekalon hair that I had soaked in ACV beforehand. There are uber long. Here are the pics:

Attachments

• 2012-02-05_17-16-52_444 (360x640).jpg
    2012-02-05_17-16-52_444 (360x640).jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCN4987 (480x640).jpg
    DSCN4987 (480x640).jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 266
  • DSCN4986 (640x480).jpg
    DSCN4986 (640x480).jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 276
Good job! I started some a few weeks ago. I managed to get about 5 in and took them out! So congrats on finishing them!!!

wow you did it yourself. i'm impressed. how long are they? and how long do you leave them in? And what's with the ACV soaking?

wow you did it yourself. i'm impressed. how long are they? and how long do you leave them in? And what's with the ACV soaking?

Yeah...3 days worth of work :ohwell: I want to fix the middle parting though :nono: I plan to keep them in for 3-4 weeks. I soaked in ACV to soak off the chemical coating on the synthetic hair, which causes irritation on some people (like me). That is why some ladies perform the "weave tap" to conquer the itch. My scalp/neck does not itch at all post-soak. There is an old thread on it somewhere :yep:

p.s. I'm a Whimsy stalker, so I'm excited u asked a question on my post :look: I read your blog all the time! :yep:

They look great! I'm pretty sure this will be my next style once I take out my kinky twists in 2 months. I'm not doing them myself though.

More power to you for getting them done. My twists took the braider 5 hours so I can imagine how long it would have taken on my own.

Ah yes, they look good!
I also just did mine over the weekend, and they go to my butt too haha.
I'm trying to keep them in for two months, but Lord knows i get bored with long term protectives styles.
I think next time i wanna go for some jumbo-ish sized senegalese twists :)

Ah yes, they look good!
I also just did mine over the weekend, and they go to my butt too haha.
I'm trying to keep them in for two months, but Lord knows i get bored with long term protectives styles.
I think next time i wanna go for some jumbo-ish sized senegalese twists :)

TWINS! You should post pics!!!:yep:

Back