My SO is better at roller setting than I am!

lust for life

namaste.
This past Saturday, I was roller setting my hair for the 2nd time ever in my life and my SO walks into my bathroom and tells me that I’m doing it wrong. :ohwell: I told him that he didn’t know what he was talking about and proceeded to roller set my hair. I guess after awhile he was sick of watching me do it incorrectly and he took the rollers from me and started to roll my hair. He said that I wasn’t holding the rollers at the right angle and that’s why they were kind of loose. He also reminded me that I’m not the first black girl he’s dated (he’s Caucasian) and he knows all about “black girl hair”.:rolleyes: In the end, his rollers looked better than mine .. so I made him do the ones I did over lol :lachen:

I’m a newbie btw, finally forked over the $6.50 today :D

Reminds me of the *ONE* time I got dh to rollerset my hair (BEFORE we were married). :rolleyes: I kid you not, I got so many compliments that day. Now mind you, I had been rollersetting my hair every week and never got that many compliments. :rolleyes:

Now he won't do dd's hair actin' like he don't know how. :rolleyes:

Pump him up, stroke his ego and tell him how good he is. Maybe he'll keep doing it for you! :grin: :wink2:

That's a good story. He sounds like a keeper.
I let DH trim my hair two weeks ago. I trust him more than the stylist that said I needed a trim.

Dang, maybe I should start letting my DH do stuff to my head when he says he can. He watches me sometimes and swears he can do it for me and I never let him, hmmmmm.......

This past Saturday, I was roller setting my hair for the 2nd time ever in my life and my SO walks into my bathroom and tells me that I’m doing it wrong. :ohwell: I told him that he didn’t know what he was talking about and proceeded to roller set my hair. I guess after awhile he was sick of watching me do it incorrectly and he took the rollers from me and started to roll my hair. He said that I wasn’t holding the rollers at the right angle and that’s why they were kind of loose. He also reminded me that I’m not the first black girl he’s dated (he’s Caucasian) and he knows all about “black girl hair”.:rolleyes: In the end, his rollers looked better than mine .. so I made him do the ones I did over lol :lachen:

I’m a newbie btw, finally forked over the $6.50 today :D

The bolded is so cute. :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I find it so funny that men think they know more about hair than we do. And what's even more funny is sometimes they really do. :ohwell:

That's really sweet. Girl he'd be rollersetting my hair every week like clockwork.

ETA: Oh and Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Men are GREAT with hair.
My parents met in a Harlem, NY salon where my Dad worked part-time.
He wasn't my Mom's hairdresser then.
But after they got married - he did her PRESS & CURL!
Their 40th anniversary is next month - so jeep THAT MAN.

When I first tried to rollerset, it was a complete disaster. Took me over 2 hours to roll, and it looked a HAM I was completely frustrated. SO comes in snatches the rollers from me and tells me sit down, I've seen my momma do this all my life. They still looked terrible but way better than mine.

Love it, Love it, Love it!! I'm all for balance in a relationship! Relax and let him do what he's good at and you step up where you know you can....keep that man! :yep: and welcome.

I wouldn't want my man rollersetting my hair. I would be okay with a nice shampoo job where he was massaging my scalp but that would have to be it.

WELCOME NEWBIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back