My way of Doing a Dominican natural hair blow out without causing damage to the hair.

rwayda

My way of Doing a Dominican natural hair blow out without causing damage to the hair.

My daughter hair is totally Natural and very healthy.
Prior to the wet blow out
I washed and applied boe crece pelo treatment over night and rinsed out the following morning, I applied boe crece pelo leaving treatment and started the blow drying process,
I hope my video is helpful to many of you, thanks for watching,
Please leave your comments.
Please watch the video and let me know, please leave your comments and don't forget to subscribe :)
YouTube - Dominican blow out on African American hair-African American hair tips

Mystic

Re: My way of Doing a Dominican natural hair blow out without causing damage to the h

Wow, awesome job. You've got the skilz!

Ijanei

Re: My way of Doing a Dominican natural hair blow out without causing damage to the h

pretty results

Theresamonet

What is it about your technique that is less damaging?

Toy

She is a cutie Great job!

India*32

You did a beautiful job, mommy. Your daughter is so sweet.:bdance:
India

rwayda

What is it about your technique that is less damaging?

It is less damaging because by sectioning the hair is protected for the unnecessary heat , also by using this technique you eliminate the need to use a flat iron and still get long lasting results..:yawn:

rwayda

You did a beautiful job, mommy. Your daughter is so sweet.:bdance:
India

India, thanks for the compliment, she is indeed a sweet little girl and blessing in my life

GaiasDaughter24

I found this video a while ago. It's great!!! Great job, mommy!!

Theresamonet

It is less damaging because by sectioning the hair is protected for the unnecessary heat , also by using this technique you eliminate the need to use a flat iron and still get long lasting results..:yawn:

So when they do it at the Dominicans they dont seperate the hair ans they use a flat iron?

Sunshine_One

I know you didn't ask me..but I thought I'd share my experience. I have never had my hair blown out with out having it roller set 1st. I've been frequenting DM salons since the late 90's. When I was textlaxed I only let them blow the roots. Since I've been natural I still get the roller set and let them lightly blow it out on low heat. I have seen them use flat irons on some clients. I personally don't think that is their specialty. I stick with the round brush (after the roller set) only at DM salons.

Last edited:

nappystorm

Great results but I probably would have left it in those bantu knots though. They were too cute!

BobbieDoll

I can't view it now because I am at work but thanks for posting because I am thinking about transitioning and would love to learn to do this myself.

pjbapb

Great job! Your girl is so beautiful and she seems to like being in front of a camera! LOL

Ms_CoCo37

You did such a great job, and your daughter is ADORABLE! She looked like, "yes, I know I look cute...wait! Get my other side". Too cute! :grin:

*closer*2*my*dreams*

So when they do it at the Dominicans they dont seperate the hair ans they use a flat iron?

Each stylist is different as well as each client. One Dominican salon I went to they rollerset, blowdried, and used a flatiron. Another one just blowdried only. I think it's a matter of preference as well as speaking up. If you don't want extra heat or you don't want a service, speak up. You're paying them.

LaBelleLL

Nice results! Cute haircut too. Good job in getting the hair straight mommy.

Maybe it's me, but the tugging/pulling on the hair with the boar brush kinda makes me cringe. I think that technique right there isn't very healthy for the hair. I'm not sure how you'd get around this besides roller setting but I don't know how healthy you can get with that technique.

Freespirit02

When I went..(with freshly permed hair) They washed it..blow dried with a hella hot blow dryer and flat ironed.

I have seen them wash natural hair..roller set..blow dry and flat iron..so yeah..it can get real serious.

Freespirit02

Girl where you stay?? When I reach shoulder length..I may need to make an appointment...lol

Fine 4s

Hmmm...
Are you a representative of this site, Rihefra?

rwayda

I believe the reason why it is done that way in most Dominican saloons is, because most people ere concern about time and in order to get the job done faster they chose not to do the individual sectioning part of the blow dying.

I personally never do the wet blowout unless the hair is sectioned. :yawn:

rwayda

Girl where you stay?? When I reach shoulder length..I may need to make an appointment...lol

I had a beauty salon for 12 years, but unfortunately close it down after having a car accident I injured my spinal cord and cant stand up for long hours
But I will get better and start to work again I promise.

my dream is to start my business again and do what I love to do, (hair care is my thing and I love to do it wright):yep:

rwayda

I can't view it now because I am at work but thanks for posting because I am thinking about transitioning and would love to learn to do this myself.

I am actually doing a step by step tutorial where I speak about how to hold the blow dryer and use the brushes and heat distribution etc,
It is taking me a little time because I am doing a little at the time but I should be finished by next week or so.:wink2:

Fhrizzball

I wish I can blowdry with a round brush like that. They do look intimidating though.

rwayda

Great job! Your girl is so beautiful and she seems to like being in front of a camera! LOL

She does like it! specially when I am doing her hair.