My way of Doing a Dominican natural hair blow out without causing damage to the hair.

rwayda

Re: My way of Doing a Dominican natural hair blow out without causing damage to the h

You did such a great job, and your daughter is ADORABLE! She looked like, "yes, I know I look cute...wait! Get my other side". Too cute! :grin:

after I am finished she spend hours with a comb in front of the mirror
she is vain with dresses too she loves being a lady.

rwayda

Re: My way of Doing a Dominican natural hair blow out without causing damage to the h

Nice results! Cute haircut too. Good job in getting the hair straight mommy.

Maybe it's me, but the tugging/pulling on the hair with the boar brush kinda makes me cringe. I think that technique right there isn't very healthy for the hair. I'm not sure how you'd get around this besides roller setting but I don't know how healthy you can get with that technique.

If you look at the video carefully there is not pulling of the hair
hair is being blow dried a small inch at the time the part you dry is only the area where the brush is on and you switch the dryer from top to button until the area is dry then you continue until you get to the end of the hair

when the hair is dry from root to end you can smooth the hair with blow dryer from top to button that is the only time the hair is being pulled
but you don't necessarily need to do that part of it.

also if you look at my baby's hair is healthy and never had a little breakage or even split end

I will post some new photos of her hair to show the length of her hair a few months after this video.

cutenss

Your daughter, and her hair is beautiful :yep: Can you share the regimen that you do on her hair, and how often. Her hair is healthier that mine, and I don't blowdry, or even flat iron. I mean hardly ever :(

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

Cute! I like her hair in the bantu knots too! What products did you use in her hair to straighten it with just a blowdryer only!?

rwayda

Your daughter, and her hair is beautiful :yep: Can you share the regimen that you do on her hair, and how often. Her hair is healthier that mine, and I don't blowdry, or even flat iron. I mean hardly ever :(

Thanks for the compliment! her hair is really thick I try my best to care for her hair and scalp,

This is what I do

Once a week I apply a mixture of warm oils on her scalp using a cotton
before bed time( cover your hair with a scarf or cloth.

I usually mix coconut, almond, vitamin E, jojoba, Castor , and olive oil
This mixture last a really long time if you keep it in the refrigerator.
Place a good amount of oil on a plastic container and warm on hot water or microwave ( be really careful the oil should not be hot)

The next day wash the hair with boe crece pelo shampoo
then rinse well

Apply boe treatment cover with plastic cap leave for 15 to 20 minutes (you can also treat your hair and do house shores and rinse later)

After rinsing the treatment, apply hair rinse This is a moisturizer used to massage the scalp and de-tangle the hair. (rinse well with warm water)

Apply leave in treatmet. and rollo set or style as usual

for my baby after the leave in treatment I usually rollo set or two strand twist her hair using baba de caracol frizz contol treatment as a hair grease
after two dauys or so, I open the twist and leave her hir with a curly style it really look nice.:yep: I only blow dry her hair once a month.

(I used to treat her hair with la bomba, I change to boe crece pelo because this is helping her hair to grow) but once a month I stil deep treat her hair with la bomba treatments

I posted the hair tips and some new photos on my page

rwayda

Cute! I like her hair in the bantu knots too! What products did you use in her hair to straighten it with just a blowdryer only!?

Her hair is natural and has never being process, I blow dry it once a month

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

Her hair is natural and has never being process, I blow dry it once a month

Thanks but that didn't answer my question, lol, but I see the answer to it in the post #36. Plus I already knew she had natural hair. :cool:

empressri

Nice results! Cute haircut too. Good job in getting the hair straight mommy.

Maybe it's me, but the tugging/pulling on the hair with the boar brush kinda makes me cringe. I think that technique right there isn't very healthy for the hair. I'm not sure how you'd get around this besides roller setting but I don't know how healthy you can get with that technique.

her hair is so pretty!

yeah my hairdresser said that the brush and dryer thing was more damaging than flatironing. i had to question him when he rolled up on me 6 years ago asking me if i wanted my hair done lol