My Yarn Braids/Genie Locs Pics!!!!

Kellum

Kellum Your hair is absolutely beauty- FULL you did a wonderful beautiful job!

They look great!

Aw, thanks :)

I love it!!!! Is yarn drying on the hair? You did an excellent job!!! :yep:

Thanks :) actually it is not at all. I used 100% acrylic yarn and it holds onto moisture very well. I saturate my braids in the morning with my moisturizer spray and it stays moist the whole day to the point that I don't need to spray my hair at night.

You have to use 100% acrylic yarn. Do not use wool or cotton yarn. Cotton is drying and wool will lock your hair.

These look grear, how do you seal the ends besides burning the ends?
Thanks

I tied a knot at the end and then burned them. Another alternative is to tie a knot at the end and dip them into hot boiled water. I didn't do this becuse I didn't want to chance the ends of my hair going into the water and causing damage even though I braided past my hair. I have heard of this happening before; so I just burned the ends.

Great job. I love the french braid down the back. I just took mine out and now you got me wanting to put them back in again. LOL.....
Thanks its actually a basket weave kind of hair do. I tried to do a french braid but it was too big and fat looking because of the fullness of the braids. This laid down better.

You did a great job...love the updo's!!
Thanks Toy I love your ponytail. :)

Marhia

You did real good girl, I have some in, I don't style mine until the weekend though because I don't normally go anywhere during the week. mine are braided smaller than urs

Kellum

You did real good girl, I have some in, I don't style mine until the weekend though because I don't normally go anywhere during the week. mine are braided smaller than urs

Thanks, yea I saw yours in your fotki. They are nice as well. I like the red and black. I don't go any where during the day either since I work from home, but I was just having fun after I finished doing them. I went crazy with the styling trying to see what all I could do.

They are very nice, you did a great job!
Thanks

Nayna

Unbothered
They look good! I was just running around today trying to find some yarn. I came up with nothing though, lol. Hopefully I can find some tomorrow so I can do these this weekend.

Marhia

Thanks, yea I saw yours in your fotki. They are nice as well. I like the red and black. I don't go any where during the day either since I work from home, but I was just having fun after I finished doing them. I went crazy with the styling trying to see what all I could do.

Thanks
lol u better than me when i did them i didn't wanna do nothing but tie them up and lay down lol..but i have in brown and black now and few red pieces in there because i haven't redid the middle yet, but i need to cuz that new growth in there is outta control lol

BronzyBella

Your yarn braids look AMAZING. I want to try putting them in myself for the first time this weekend. I got two really big "spools" of black yarn (Red Heart) at Wal-Mart last night. They were on sale for $3.49 each CDN.

I have Friday off work, so if I take my time and space it out between Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, maybe they'll end up looking half as good as yours. :)

Kellum

Your yarn braids look AMAZING. I want to try putting them in myself for the first time this weekend. I got two really big "spools" of black yarn (Red Heart) at Wal-Mart last night. They were on sale for $3.49 each CDN.

I have Friday off work, so if I take my time and space it out between Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, maybe they'll end up looking half as good as yours. :)

Thanks, :) I initially was going to get the Red Heart yarn as well, but I couldn't find brown in that brand. I think yours will be great. It will most likely take the entire weekend. The I am a slow braider and take lots of breaks. That's why I think mine came out good because I was able to take my time and not rush. Just take your time and you will be fine.

lol u better than me when i did them i didn't wanna do nothing but tie them up and lay down lol..but i have in brown and black now and few red pieces in there because i haven't redid the middle yet, but i need to cuz that new growth in there is outta control lol

LOL, I think I was just excited to be done with them that's why I started playing and styling them.

They look good! I was just running around today trying to find some yarn. I came up with nothing though, lol. Hopefully I can find some tomorrow so I can do these this weekend.

Thanks, try the craft stores and fabric stores. I bought my yarn from JoAnns. I know a lot of people find the yarn at Walmart as well.

MA2010

Great job. How long do you plan to keep these in and how will you care for you hair underneath?

Kellum

Great job. How long do you plan to keep these in and how will you care for you hair underneath?

Thanks, I will probably keep them in for 2 1/2 months and then take them out to let my hair rest before my touch up.

My braid regimen

• Moisturize daily to twice a day. I have been using V05 moisture milks with water in a spray bottle. So far so good; I used this before when wearing half wigs.
  • Spray with Chi Keratin Mist twice a week
  • Spritz with Ayurveda tea daily to every other day.
  • Wash weekly to every 10 days and deep condition over night.
  • Redo the edges every 3 weeks to monthly.
  • Sleep in a satin cap.

You got some skilllllllz. You did that.

Thanks, yep I did it myself.

shae101s

So your yarn braids look beyond amazing! Wow..you did an awesome job, and you have just successfully pushed me to the edge of trying these sooner. Hehe :), let's hope they can look as neat as yours.

Kellum

^^Thanks, and try them out. You will love them. They hold onto moisture like nobodies business. I had no breakage or dry hair at all when taking them down. Good luck and be sure to post pics.