Mya's Hair Disaster

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Mya\'s Hair Disaster

In the April 2003 issue of Hype Hair, Mya says her worst hair situation was on the set of one of her videos. The stylist weaved her hair so tight that she got dizzy! When they took the weave out to re-do it, a patch of her hair came out from the root!

I wonder if that stylist is still working?
I wonder if the poor girl's hair ever grew back?

Daughter

UK Blak
Re: Mya\'s Hair Disaster

Oh boy! You asked: "I wonder if that stylist is still working?"

I wonder if that stylist is still LIVING or at least in hiding! That sounds like pure trauma

That said, I wonder if Mya said anything while it was getting done, you know, like "that feels too tight!" That's one reason I was always scared to get a weave, though I have a friend who often wears one with no problems...

Kitkat

I'm surprised that she even had a weave. Her hair is so long and apparently thick. Then again, some of the ladies on this board have long, thick hair and wear weaves, so what do I know???

I hope that her hair came back with no problem, and that she ditched that stylist!!!

JazzAngel

Oh MY!!! Sometimes I really wonder if most of those stylist truly want to see other women with any hair at all.

Have any of you noticed how mean spirited most hair stylist can be?

I had a friend with waist length hair who went to get a touch up. This bitter stylist deliberately left the perm in my friend's hair way way tooooo long. Before starting my friend especially asked for a mild relaxer to be left for about 10 minutes. The stylist became angry and told her that she was licended and knew her job well. She applied the relaxer and left to care of other clients 30 plus minutes my friend was begging her to please remove the relaxer. The stylist kept responding angrily, telling her that she will get to her in time. Well in time meant that my poor friend lost tons of her hair and was left with horrible sores in her scalp. Most of her hair had to be cut off.

This is one of many reasons that pushed me to go natural.

gvsugirl

oh no! i would have been washing my own hair in their sinks like 'pass me the neutralizing shampoo!"

VALLEYGIRL

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I had a friend with waist length hair who went to get a touch up. This bitter stylist deliberately left the perm in my friend's hair way way tooooo long. Before starting my friend especially asked for a mild relaxer to be left for about 10 minutes. The stylist became angry and told her that she was licended and knew her job well. She applied the relaxer and left to care of other clients 30 plus minutes my friend was begging her to please remove the relaxer. The stylist kept responding angrily, telling her that she will get to her in time. Well in time meant that my poor friend lost tons of her hair and was left with horrible sores in her scalp. Most of her hair had to be cut off.

[/ QUOTE ]

See stuff like this pisses me off and makes me

I sure hope your friend had a good lawyer and sued them...that is ridiculous!!!

Daughter

UK Blak

you see, that makes me thank the Lord for the salon I (sometimes) go to, they care for the hair as well as style it. I remember when I first went there many years ago they flat out refused to relax my hair until its condition improved! Too many hairdressers out there seem ready to do what THEY want to do, not what their customer wants or needs.

G

That's the reason I stopped going to salons in sept. My brastrap lenght hair had to be cut to chin lenght because of a bleach job gone horribly wrong. I started doing my own touchups, colors from then on and I should back to below brastrap any time soon!
Thank god

RUBY

Daughter,

Which salon do you go to? I thought I would ask as I see the UK flag in your details.

Daughter

UK Blak

I go to Arlette's in Harlesden from time to time. I don't go as I take care of my hair myself now, just for occasional treats like a braid or cornrow style. I can recommend Purely Natural in Leytonstone though, great styling and no heat if you don't want it!

Both of em are London salons, where are you from?

Kitkat

VALLEYGIRL said:

[/ QUOTE ]

See stuff like this pisses me off and makes me

I sure hope your friend had a good lawyer and sued them...that is ridiculous!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!!!

G

gvsugirl said:
oh no! i would have been washing my own hair in their sinks like 'pass me the neutralizing shampoo!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that's right.. That would have got her attention start doing it yourself. I did that once in a doctors office you know how the make you sit and wait and sit and wait and wait and sit some more.

Well I was fed up one day, the schedulded me for 1:00 and here it is 2:15 and people coming after me were going in I was like ?!?!? So, I politely got up walked into the examing room and started looking for a gown to undress, they flew in there, I was like I'll sit here til yall ready my appointment was a 1:00 suddenly I was getting attention.
They hurried up and got me out of there LOL.

I was like man I should have did this early, now when I go they are so nice "Ms Williams, we'll be right with you"

They probably said here go that pshyco lady.

Daughter

UK Blak

Aw thanks! I've been natural since 98. As you can see, I'm a lil' shy, but I plan to put more pics up soon (I might even show my face, LOL)

Daughter

UK Blak

emgurl said:
That's the reason I stopped going to salons in sept. My brastrap lenght hair had to be cut to chin lenght because of a bleach job gone horribly wrong. I started doing my own touchups, colors from then on and I should back to below brastrap any time soon!
Thank god

[/ QUOTE ]

see i'd be scared to try a new stylist/salon! Cos if something like that happened I don't think I could be responsible for my actions!

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong

JazzAngel said:
Oh MY!!! Sometimes I really wonder if most of those stylist truly want to see other women with any hair at all.

Have any of you noticed how mean spirited most hair stylist can be?

This is one of many reasons that pushed me to go natural.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know something? I think that beautician is very arrogant to your friend, burning her scalp with the perm, and not listening to her request to remove it from her head. That to me is unprofessional and you can lose customers that way.
This is something I've learned when I was taking Cosmetology classes in mid 1986. When you are doing a client's chemical service, i.e. relaxing, coloring, he/she must sign a Consent Release Statement saying that the beautician was performing a chemical service on the client. Should anything happens to the person receiving the service, it will be put on record with the reason the problem occured. Also, I wish this should've been done at all beauty salons for safety purposes.

This should be taken very seriously if you want to continue doing people's hair, and eventually, avoid being sued. I just wish the beautician would've been more polite and do a better job with your freind's hair. I would've sued her if she did something wrong to my hair. I would rather go natural than let someone else mess with the other person's hair.

Like they always say: If you screwed it, you'd better fix it.
End of story.

azul11

Mindymouse said:
gvsugirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that's right.. That would have got her attention start doing it yourself. I did that once in a doctors office you know how the make you sit and wait and sit and wait and wait and sit some more.

Well I was fed up one day, the schedulded me for 1:00 and here it is 2:15 and people coming after me were going in I was like ?!?!? So, I politely got up walked into the examing room and started looking for a gown to undress, they flew in there, I was like I'll sit here til yall ready my appointment was a 1:00 suddenly I was getting attention.

I was like man I should have did this early, now when I go they are so nice "Ms Williams, we'll be right with you"

[/ QUOTE ]

God bless you all.

JazzAngel

BabyCurls said:

You know something? I think that beautician is very arrogant to your friend, burning her scalp with the perm, and not listening to her request to remove it from her head. That to me is unprofessional and you can lose customers that way. :nono

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, my friend is not American and did not know her rights. The most she did was to bring her husband to the Salon the next day to request that the woman return the money. The beautician DID NOT. She agreeded to do two months of deep conditioning for free, where by my friend would go to her bi-weekly. That made little difference because her scalp was sore and badly ruined.

She really had alot of hair, it was sad to see someone willfully damage her hair.

It's really worth it to pay attention to the hair of the one who is working on your hair.

JazzAngel

Mindymouse said:

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLOLOLOLOL
Damn woman you are toooooo crazy!!! I must try this the next time as well. hehehehe!

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong

[/ QUOTE ]
Jazz Angel said:
It's really worth it to pay attention to their hair of the one who is working on your hair.

Ditto on that, girlfriend!