Name 1 great Haircare tip you've learned

GoldenBreeze

For me it's CO-washing, hands down. It's the only change that I've made to my pre-LHCF regimen that I have stuck to and been consistent with.

Last edited:

~NanCeBoTwin~

Co-washing, wash n' gos and braid outs have saved both me and my dd's lives!

ETA: Oops and air drying roller sets, tried this for the first time yesterday, LOVING IT!!!!!

and the key to stretching, moisturizing and babying NG.

cutenss

For me:
ACV and CO washes
Balancing protein and moisture
Sealing with oil
Realizing that what works for me, might not work for someone else, and vice versa (hence product junkie syndrome)
Being happy with the hair God gave me

**And most important of all: I am not ALONE in this hair battle!**

that_1_grrrl

Natural hair needs moisture. When I first went natural, my hair was so dry and hard to manage. Now that I know all my hair needs is something to quench its thirst, it's like I have a whole new head of hair.

Nice Lady

Not to brush your hair while it is wet. I used to love to brush my hair into a wet wrap after washing because it made my hair straight and sleek especially post 3 weeks.

Jadore_tay

Do not relax from root to tip
Cowashing is my best friend
Clarifying hair
Hair needs protein not only moisture especially if your relaxed

chebaby

deep conditioning overnight is the best thing ever for me. i love it. and in the morning i just co wash it out.

MizzCoco

Too many to name just one. But I would say mixing my reconstructor and a moisturizing conditioner to do my DC treatment. Now my breakage has virtually stopped

chebaby

for my new natural twa, leaving some conditioner in as a leave in does wonders. its only been 2 days and yesterday i left some in and today i didnt, i can tell the difference.

blackpearl81

This is very simple and may be very obvious to most of you, but throughout my haircare journey I've learned to never let my hair air dry w/o adding moisturizer. Ever since I've adopted this technique, I haven't had any damage to my hair....i kno....duh!

Also, adding BEER to your hair right before conditioning add BLING!!! :lick:

Last edited:

shtow

Extra virgin coconut oil. Period! Helps with dandruff, moisturizes wonderfully w.o reversion, and even got rid of my cats flea and tick problem.

Last edited:

sharifeh

oil rinsing
i tried it yesterday and it really helped me detangle
it also really softened my new growth

1Aleeesha

I'm grateful that we found a place online where everyone can agree to many healthy hair practices... Because some things I was thinking prior to LHCF that now I know are definitely true were refuted by the "Professionals" and others alike.

Some things were truly an "AHA Moment" for me.

sevetlana

Extra virgin coconut oil. Period! Helps with dandruff, moisturizes wonderfully w.o reversion, and even got rid of my cats flea and tick problem.

OT. how did you use it on your cats. Do you bathe your cats first?

shtow

OT. how did you use it on your cats. Do you bathe your cats first?

I bathed her first and then while she was damp I applied a little of it. The problem has literally disappeared. I also read online you can use it to comb out fleas and ticks very easily. Stay away from tea tree though b/c it is poisonous to cats.

And yea her fur is laid to the side. All shiny and moisturized lol

kryolnapps

I read somewhere that combing natural hair = getting a hair cut everytime! When I stopped trying to detangle my natural super coily fine strands every 3-4 days, I was finally able to retain growth. Now I only detangle my hair every month or so.

hairmaster

DO NOT GIVE UP, EACH PERSON IS DIFFERENT AND YOU MAY HAVE TO TRY DIFFERENT PRODUCTS BEFORE YOU FIND THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU.

MonaLisa

Tie between

Acknowledge your hair type - if you're thin/fine haired, stop trying to do everything and use everything that the 'big dogs'/thick haired people are doing/using

and

Be consistent and patient with the products that actually work for you and give them time to do its thing with your hair before jumping from what's working and using the next thing that catches your eye.

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
S&D. I don't have to do a major trim every time I see a split end or on a regular schedule. And, I can DIY!

LaLaa

For me i would have to say.....

*Moisturize
*DC Overnight
*Silk Scarfs
*Little Manipulation