Name your favorite DISCONTINUED products and if you've found a replacement

HoneyDew

Hi ladies.

I seem to always fall in love with products that get discontinued. :look:

I am interested to see if I am the only one that loves discontinued products.
What did you like about it and what have your replaced it with?

2 of my favorite daily moisturizers are discontinued. I still have a few tubes of each left but what will I do after they are gone :look:

I LOVE the Herbal Essense Smoothing Creme. It reminds me of Vitapointe without the mineral oil greasy feeling and it smelled SO SO good. The new one (None Of Your Frizziness Smoothing Cream) is different and not as good in my Opinion. The ingredient list is totally different. I have not found a replacement. :(

I also LOVED the Loreal Vive Smooth Intense Leave-in cream. I used this as a moisturizer, as well. Pure moisture adn I loved that is moisturized with NO greasiness. It was a great compliment to the Herbal Essense Smoothing Creme which was a bit heavier.

jtsupanova

I love Sauve Milk and Honey and I am currently stocking up!
When my stock runs out I will most likely use the tropical coconut which is not as good as the M&H but good enough

HoneyDew

jtsupanova said:
When my stock runs out I will most likely use the tropical coconut which is not as good as the M&H but good enough

:eek: I am out of the loop. They don't make that anymore?!

SUPER SWEET

Miss Cool 5min set now Black and Sassy cream set thanks to January Noir ;) for the replacement I was going insane....
Fabusilk setting lotion now I use Kera Care setting foam

miracle

Loved the entire John Frieda Relax line. Haven't really found anything that compares to the products in that line...especially the serum. :( I just buy up as many items from the JF Relax line as I can find in some of the BSS's or online.

planodiva

miracle said:
Loved the entire John Frieda Relax line. Haven't really found anything that compares to the products in that line...especially the serum. :( I just buy up as many items from the JF Relax line as I can find in some of the BSS's or online.

Same here. I loved the spray for your Wash n Go from this line. The Dream Curls just doesn't cut it for me. I'm lost in the summer without it. You know I didn't know what to do with the serum and it just sits on my shelf looking lonely and full

Victorian

old head
miracle said:
I used that line when I was relaxed and I was so mad when they discontinued it. I used the whole line, and I especially I loved that serum. The regular Frizz Ease serums don't seem to work the same--they aren't as slippy or something.

Also when I was relaxed, the thing I liked from the regular Frizz Ease line was the Glistening Creme conditioner. I used it back when the container was aluminum (not so handy in the shower, btw :lol:). They must have changed the formula when they changed the packaging because when I tried the new stuff it smelled different and didn't have anywhere near the same amount of slip. It felt more coating and icky. I was pretty pissed. I replaced it with Aussie Moist at the time, which is pretty good but doesn't smell as nice as the old FE conditioenr.

I love Shaman Earthly Organics Aloe and Orange Smoothing Fixative (Shaman is made by Jason), but they don't make it anymore. I have half a bottle left (I've been making it last as long as possible).
It can be used as a leave-in for frizz-free curls or as a straightening balm. None of the other products I've tried have the same half gel, half creamy consistency or leave my hair so light and silky when I use them for wash and go's. The closest thing I've tried is Qhemet's Honeybush gel, but it's still not as moisturizing and "nourishing" or something.
Shaman does make a gel though. I guess I could try that and see if it is similar. I'm gonna miss my Smoothing Fixative, though :(
*clutching bottle to my chest and weeping*

KEWLKAT103

jtsupanova said:

I bought some today that was on clearance. Is that why it's on sale?
Oh no! I just got into this. Don't tell me it's being discontinued already!! :(

Divine Inspiration

Softresses said:
DDTA

sniff-sniff:cry3:

Softresses

ETA-nothing equals up to it yet

This is what I was about to post. I've been using DDGB, DDWL, and DDTAloe, but there was something special about DDTA. DDGB gives me more slip, but DDTA gave me more moisture...and I prefer moisture over slip.

I haven't found a replacement for it either. I don't experiment with enough cheapie products to find one though.

LovelyLionessa

HoneyDew said:
:eek: I am out of the loop. They don't make that anymore?!

They still make Suave Milk & Honey, they have changed the ingriedients tho and moved all the good ingriedients down to the bottom of the list. :mad:

I refuse to buy the new formula of Suave Milk & Honey, and that just rubs me the wrong way when companies change formulas. So when my stockpile of Milk & Honey runs out, I have already begun collecting White Rain Tropical Coconut as a replacement. :look:

MonaLisa

Priestess said:
They still make Suave Milk & Honey, they have changed the ingriedients tho and moved all the good ingriedients down to the bottom of the list. :mad:

I refuse to buy the new formula of Suave Milk & Honey, and that just rubs me the wrong way when companies change formulas. So when my stockpile of Milk & Honey runs out, I have already begun collecting White Rain Tropical Coconut as a replacement. :look:

Um...Priestess.....u..um...live OUTSIDE of New York City, right?:look:
I don't need extra folks cockblocking me from finding my Tropical Coconut...:lol: I'm up here fighting to find Tea Therapy as it is...

adding...John Frieda Relax was my ish....the creme was the bomb for pressing hair out...I have like quarter bottles left....like memorabilia...don't want to use the last of it up yet..

jtsupanova

Priestess said:

The new "formula" works just like the old one or it least it does on my hair (I have been using it for a really long time and)I believe that company's sometimes list ingredients by what will sell and not necessarily the order or amount in the product. Thats why when you look at the back of a jar of grease often the herbal extracts are at the top of the list......we all no there is more petroleum than anything

Also they are discontinuing it I read a letter of apology from Sauve on NP.
They had a thread about it being discontinued and they were trying to prevent that by emailing the company but it was unsuccessful.

LovelyLionessa

MonaLisa said:
Um...Priestess.....u..um...live OUTSIDE of New York City, right?:look:
I don't need extra folks cockblocking me from finding my Tropical Coconut...:lol: I'm up here fighting to find Tea Therapy as it is...

adding...John Frieda Relax was my ish....the creme was the bomb for pressing hair out...I have like quarter bottles left....like memorabilia...don't want to use the last of it up yet..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry MonaLisa, I'm not in NYC, I won't buying up your supply. :grin:

That White Rain is kinda like a collector's item too tho, it's so hard to find. :look:

LovelyLionessa

jtsupanova said:
The new "formula" works just like the old one or it least it does on my hair (I have been using it for a really long time and)I believe that company's sometimes list ingredients by what will sell and not necessarily the order or amount in the product. Thats why when you look at the back of a jar of grease often the herbal extracts are at the top of the list......we all no there is more petroleum than anything

They had a thread about it being discontinued and they were trying to prevent that by emailing the company but it was unsuccessful.[/quote]

Wow, first they change the ingriedients and now it's being discontinued altogether? Yeeessh. :ohwell:

Babygurl

V05 Pina Colada was my favorite...I guess a few other V05 are SOMETHING like it, but it will never be replaced. Thank goodness I have 15 bottles still under my cabinet LMAO!

LocksOfLuV

jtsupanova said:

They had a thread about it being discontinued and they were trying to prevent that by emailing the company but it was unsuccessful.

Dayum!:( That's fudged up!

LocksOfLuV

Babygurl said:
V05 Pina Colada was my favorite...I guess a few other V05 are SOMETHING like it, but it will never be replaced. Thank goodness I have 15 bottles still under my cabinet LMAO!

I am a V05 convert. Suave too wishy-washy for me.:look:

dynamic1

My favorite setting cream, flat twist out cream- Phat Hair Phunky Junk. I bought this on a whim years back and fell in love...........Then it was discontinued. :( I have yet to find a satisfactory relacement. My hair was defined and soft.

Other favs: Salon Selectives Loosely Defined - no replacement

Suave Milk & Honey was nice as well.

MonaLisa

Babygurl said:

:lol: ....I'm laughing....cause I've been holding onto like a 1/4 of a bottle of this! I used to be mad sniffing it...I found a bodega uptown that had some....I have to go a cop a few bottles.:D

Priestess said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't worry MonaLisa, I'm not in NYC, I won't buying up your supply. :grin:

That White Rain is kinda like a collector's item too tho, it's so hard to find. :look:

Thank you for that disclosure!:lol:
Gurl, I'm down to two large bottles in my closet...I don't know how I let that happen...I always keep at least 5 on standby at all times.

I have some scouring to do....I will get at least one to two shopping bags worth soon. I don't play wit dat.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I can't seem to find Alberto's VO5 Nourishing OASIS Soothe & Smooth w/Honey & Almond Conditioner anywhere. :cry: Has it been discontinued? I only have 2 bottles left and no permanent replacement yet. :(

metalkitty

This one's fairly old, but there used to be an Herbal Essences Conditioning Balm bandwagon. It was great because I could feel it working immediately as soon as I put it on, it was inexpensive, and ereadilly available. I miss it.

HoneyDew

metalkitty said:
This one's fairly old, but there used to be an Herbal Essences Conditioning Balm bandwagon. It was great because I could feel it working immediately as soon as I put it on, it was inexpensive, and ereadilly available. I miss it.

I think that was in the same line as my HE smoothing cream. :( Now they are just trying to bling with the new products and little catchy product names. :look:

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
V05 Oasis Soothe and Smooth Conditioner - I fell in love the first time I used it. The scent wasn't super strong and my hair layed down after I used it. Haven't found a replacement, but wasn't really looking for one either.:ohwell:

V05 Moisture Milks Blueberries and Cream conditioner - It works like the other V05s but the scent of this one was awesome. I would sneak into the linen closet just to sneak a sniff. I think mom thought I was on drugs.

John Frieda Relax Cream - It was really good for controlling new growth. The JF Wind Down cream they have now is pretty good, so I guess that is it's replacement.

preciousjewel76

B_Phlyy said:
V05 Moisture Milks Blueberries and Cream conditioner - It works like the other V05s but the scent of this one was awesome.

I think I've seen this at my local Big Lots for 96 cents. They sell several of the discontinued V05 and Suave conditioners.

peacelove

Probably Aveda's Elixer leave-in. Now that I JUST discovered it, of course. I will probably grab another large bottle before it's off the shelves.

LABETT

Daily Defense Tender Apple and Ginseng Boost Conditioner I love these for co washes, plus provide slip and moisture.
I stocked piled 100 bottles so I am good for awhile.

sharee

mysweetevie said:
Miss Cool 5min set now Black and Sassy cream set thanks to January Noir ;) for the replacement I was going insane....
Fabusilk setting lotion now I use Kera Care setting foam

THANKS! THANKS! THANKS! I loved Miss Cool 5min set, I was going to post about how sad I was about not finding a replacement...but thanks to your post...I am off to find Black and Sassy...