Name your favorite DISCONTINUED products and if you've found a replacement

S.O.S.

Aveda Elixer... Im going to try to replace it with Biolage hydra seal leave - in creme. I haven't tried it yet but hopefully it will be pretty good.

pattycake0701

Softresses said:
DDTA

sniff-sniff:cry3:

Softresses

ETA-nothing equals up to it yet

I was gonna post this. I've been using Daily Renewal 5X Moisturizing as a replacement and found that this too has been discontinued. I've also used Pantene Daily Renewal (same ingredients as DDTA, I believe) and Aussie Moist, which both come pretty close but not exactly.

Tee

EMJazzy said:
I can't seem to find Alberto's VO5 Nourishing OASIS Soothe & Smooth w/Honey & Almond Conditioner anywhere. :cry: Has it been discontinued? I only have 2 bottles left and no permanent replacement yet. :(

I just saw this at Walgreens so maybe not.

Proudpiscean

B_Phlyy said:
V05 Oasis Soothe and Smooth Conditioner - I fell in love the first time I used it. The scent wasn't super strong and my hair layed down after I used it. Haven't found a replacement, but wasn't really looking for one either.:ohwell:

V05 Moisture Milks Blueberries and Cream conditioner - It works like the other V05s but the scent of this one was awesome. I would sneak into the linen closet just to sneak a sniff. I think mom thought I was on drugs.

John Frieda Relax Cream - It was really good for controlling new growth. The JF Wind Down cream they have now is pretty good, so I guess that is it's replacement.

I've seen this at the dollar store! This stuff smells delish :love:

sistawithsumthin

Divine Inspiration said:
This is what I was about to post. I've been using DDGB, DDWL, and DDTAloe, but there was something special about DDTA. DDGB gives me more slip, but DDTA gave me more moisture...and I prefer moisture over slip.

I haven't found a replacement for it either. I don't experiment with enough cheapie products to find one though.

I know I have just a few bottles of DDTA left I got from DivineInspiration! Nothing I mean nothing compares to it. So sorry DI I guess I took all of yours. ;) The SunSilk creams will be it's replacement when I am out.

I have been looking everywhere :sekret: so if anyone has any they don't want let me know.

BTW DI your hair has absolutely grown like wildfire, I love it! You are definitely my new inspiration.:D

LABETT

Ultrasheen Satin Creme Press Lotion-great for blowdring and flatironing hair without greasy build up.
I still see plenty of those greasy jars of the grease in every Bss.

seemegrow

LABETT said:
Ultrasheen Satin Creme Press Lotion-great for blowdring and flatironing hair without greasy build up.
I still see plenty of those greasy jars of the grease in every Bss.

I like this also. I don't use it very often because I don't use much heat. I guess I will stock up before it's gone.:lol:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Letitia said:
I just saw this at Walgreens so maybe not.

The Walgreens closest to my house doesn't have it...I'll travel a little farther out to see if I can find it....THANKS!! :)