Nape Hair regimin

He_Leads_I_follow

Hi All -

My nape hair is driving me nuts! It begins to grow out then breaks off again. Perhaps I need to be careful not to tie my silk scarf too tight at night?? Any regimen tips to treat this problem?

TIA

Last edited:

froggie08

Mook has a tutorial on how she protects her nape their is also a thread available (I'll try to bump it up for you). You should also check out her Fotki, she has more info about protecting the nape area.:yep:

Platinum

Hi there! I have nape issues too. Right now, I'm using my MN mix twice a day on my nape and I spray the area with Worlds of Curls moisturizer. I've been doing this since Feb. 25 and I'm seeing some improvement. :grin:

locabouthair

I've done a search and this is what helps:

-moisturizing and applying more conditioner to that area separately
-relax that area every other touchup or relax it last
-when you are getting the relaxer rinses out make sure your head is high enough so that it doesnt keep rubbing against the shampoo bowl, or else it wont get rinsed out properly
-massaging also helps.

I'm in the same boat as you so I'm trying all these things. It's only been 2 months so I havent seen a big difference yet.

loulou82

I moisturize my nape twice a day. When I seal I use shea butter, shealoe butter, or sweet almond oil :lick: (which is fantastic for the body also). I use extra conditioner during my washes. I twist or braid it to protect it. I wear a drawstring bonnet at night which put less pressure on the nape than my scarf.

HTH.

basketballbabe03

My nape and I are always going at it. Be careful during the day and make sure that your clothes are not pulling or snagging your nape. I was unaware that my coat was rubbing up against my nape which surely was causing breakage. Another thing I would do is only braid or cornrow my nape and then wear my hair down so that you could see the braids in the back. And of course moisture is key! This helped me go from barely 1 inch, due to constant breakage, to 7 inches in the nape area.

Last edited: