Natural 4B's and Shake N' Go

Peachi

Natural 4B\'s and Shake N\' Go

Okay I am taking this from the summer style thread.

Any natural 4B's here attempt the Shake n' go only to become a shake n' stop?

I tried it in the summer and all I got was a wet afro which I still rocked regardless because it still looked funky enough to pass as a delibrate hairstyle.

I am getting my hair colored this weekend and I can't wait attempt the shake n' go again. The main problem I have with it is how dry my hair gets later on in the day and not to mention shrinkage.

ngaa

Re: Natural 4B\'s and Shake N\' Go

maybe its coz my hair's more lik 4c (more kinky than coily or wavy) and what it means is that doin the shake n go only results in my hair llokin lik i stepped out of the house and forgot to comb it that mornin
hwell: i dont kno, it looks reall cute on this guy i kno who alternats between that and cornrows and has girls feenin real bad for him (me included) so mayb i shud ask how he does it
what his regime is and what he's doin later on

TinyT

I am a 4b, and I shake n go everyday, except for the days my hair is in twists. I feel like anyone can shake n go, but the look will be different depending on hair type. When i shake n go, my hair looks like a wet afro, cause that is what it is. I love it though. Even though my hair shrinks down to a 1-2 inch fro, it is really growing with the less is more hair care routine of shake n go's. The only thing I am concerned about is the dryness of my coily fro by mid day. That is why I am looking for a good leave-in. N-e way, wash n go, shake n go, do it till ya satisfied, and have fun.

Tracy

Destanee

Before I cut my hair to a TTWA I would attempt to shake-n-go. I would apply Sebastions Potion #9 on soaking wet hair and shake like crazy add a headband and go!

I have also used ORS lock and twist gel and IC gel with great results. No dryness or crunchies. I always use a leave in as well.(except with #9) You can check my album for pics.

ETA I think I'm mostly 4b as well

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

[ QUOTE ]
mayb i shud ask how he does it what his regime is and what he's doin later on

[/ QUOTE ]

Go 'head, playa' playa'!

Most men seem to have great looking natural hair without even trying. No fair!

SVT

My hair feels moisturized longer when I use olive oil on top of my conditioner. I also carry a small spray bottle of diluted conditioner if I feel like my hair needs it during throughout the day.

Peachi

[ QUOTE ]
I am a 4b, and I shake n go everyday, except for the days my hair is in twists. When i shake n go, my hair looks like a wet afro, cause that is what it is. Even though my hair shrinks down to a 1-2 inch fro, it is really growing with the less is more hair care routine of shake n go's. The only thing I am concerned about is the dryness of my coily fro by mid day. That is why I am looking for a good leave-in. N-e way, wash n go, shake n go, do it till ya satisfied, and have fun.
Tracy

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my problem...I want my hair not to be too dry by mid-day. I am still in search of the ultimate leave-in because my hair super thirsty and just drinks up whatever I put in it. I just took out my braids so I guess right now I will focus on doing a lot of conditioning and my the time summer comes around my hair should be ready to shake n' go.

ngaa

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
mayb i shud ask how he does it what his regime is and what he's doin later on

[/ QUOTE ]

Go 'head, playa' playa'!

Most men seem to have great looking natural hair without even trying. No fair!

[/ QUOTE ]

sassy girl i wish it was that easy!! but i cant bring myself o do summin lik that coz i'm too paranoid that wit al that finess the boy will be mean to me so all i can do is see him from a distnce and continue wishin (which reminds me i gotta go post in the wen was the last time u had a crush thread

and u r so rite bout that coz i doubt if he even conditions his hair yet i'd kill to have long hair and healthy hair lik that
hwell: