Natural and Hair Type Changing

michaela

Natural 4b
Maybe im Confused :ohwell:
I Just stopped getting my hair pressed and blow dryed (a month now)
Is it possible that my hair is changing textures? I sat under the dryer until my hair was dry than my stylist would blow dry it again even though it was ALL dry:perplexed I have been getting this done since i was 3! So i basically never got to see my natural hair Until Now is it possible that it is changing Textures because of less heat? It feels like its getting Curlier....???

LynnieB

Do you think all that pressing and blowdrying gave you heat damage and what you're seeing now is your real texture in the form of new growth?

i'm sorry, i really don't know. :nono:

Excessive heat "trains" natural hair into a different texture. I know girls with natural hair that constantly press their hair and eventually the texture is much looser.

MAMATO

Excessive heat "trains" natural hair into a different texture. I know girls with natural hair that constantly press their hair and eventually the texture is much looser.

That happened to me a couple years ago. My hair never got back to its normal state. Heat damage I think...:sad:

glamazon386

It probably is. This is probably your true texture. They could have loosening your texture/burning it straight with the heat all this time.