Naturals: Have you ever noticed your hair texture changing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embyra

ahhh i seeNoniethis must be a fine haired thing because my hair has never stuck up like that pic of jadens nor does water weigh my hair down to make it flop or straighten it out when wet

when my hair was towel dried as a kid it still hung frizzy yes but still hung

your first pic for me to get my hair to look like that i would have to heavily backcomb it and spray it with some kind of 80s hardrock holding spray or something :lol:

Nonie

Embyra, you and I will just have to stick to the previous plan of agreeing to disagree on what your hair can and can't do. Before I even knew type 3 hair can stand up even when long (thanks to wavezncurlz) I was convinced yours could too and I explained that the reason it hangs is you let it drip dry that way, and yes, because your strands are coarse, the weight of the water has the same effect as me letting my twists drip dry. They hang too--not so if I towel dry.

So yeah, the only hair I see never being able to stand when short is hair with big floppy curls, wavy hair, or straight hair. *shrug* Yeah, I'm stubborn until proven wrong. But like I said, we can all make our hair do whatever we want it to do so I don't think we'll ever come to an agreement on this.

Embyra

Noniewavesandcurlz was in a ponytail puff so yes my hair could easily look like that because its being held up by the pony and being brushed out making it bushy any type hair to me can look bushy if brushed out especially when dry

big frizzy bushy brushed out hair and a old school afro that wont flop back down with someone blowing on it to me are not the same not what im thinking of anyway

thats the difference im personally talking when i say my hair doesnt ''stand up''

example the pic posted of one of the simmons daughters with a ''afro'' is far from what i call a afro BUT i see it is classed as one on here sooooooo ill leave it there:lol:

Last edited:

leiah

My hair changes with my hormones somehow. It was straight as a child and then got curly at about 12 years old. It was wavy, nearly straight when I was pregnant.

biancaelyse

As others have stated, my hair is curlier when shorter and straighter when longer.

I plan to cut it pretty short this spring to get more curls.

Nonie

Embyra, but it wasn't just the fact that it was a pony puff. Looking at 3B/3C hair, I would expect the puff to flop like e'rybody who has type 3 hair always seems to show. But it formed a round afro puff. Her mom too had a perfectly round afro.

Not sure who talked about Simmons daughters in this thread or which Simmons they were referring to but even Aoki's little hair can be combed into an afro when short as in this pic:

...just like this kid:

And both have big curls which I wouldn't have expected to stand up at longer lengths. And the smaller the curls, the more an afro can be created on short hair. So *shrug* I say just give me a few minutes in your hair and I'ma prove you can get an afro even today at your length. :lol:

Embyra

loolNonienoone mentioned the simmons daughter in this thread i personally was just saying when I think of a afro hers is not what i think of anyone could get what she had brushed out blowdried messy hair:look:

the afro im thinking of quite frankly i dont believe everyone can get yup i said it:lol:

that lil kid with the brown/blonde hair is exactly my point what some see is a afro is not a afro to ME AT ALL it doesnt cut it :nono:

i just see big floppy frizzy messy hair that needs a comb/brush when looking at it i wont say anything about aoki as i like kimora:lol:

so yes i could definetly get that look all day everyday...... it prob would take you a few mins just drag me through a bush:lol:

Last edited:

*CherryPie*

You're gonna be 4b when you hit 40.:look:

Just kidding.:lol:

My hair stayed thin and wispy til I was about five or six, from there it became poofy straight, no curls no waves more like something off a golden retriever. Once puberty hit, bam, it went crazy curly. Now in my mid-late twenties it's wavy in some places, straight at the nape and moderately curly most everywhere else.

LadyRaider

I can make a pony puff, but I can't make an afro puff using a knee hi deal or anything anymore. Tooooooo floppy. A white friend suggested blowing it out, but I think it would still flop. I don't think it's a texture issue, I think it's a length issue.

Allandra

Nonie,

Nope, my hair didn't go from that to that (probably because I've never had short natural hair since I trimmed my hair slowly while transitioning). So, my hair has always grown down / hung.

My hair is now just wavier / curlier on the ends, probably because it's longer now (waist length).

If I understand correctly, Allandra's hair is behaving somewhat like this Jaden's hair where its weight makes it flop when longer. So that it went from this:

To this:

Status
Not open for further replies.