Natural Curly Hair

blazingthru

I have been trying to find the sites for naturally curly hair. Since I discovered that my hair curls up, I been trying to find products to bring out the curl. It curls up with leave in conditioner and moisturizers but I am looking for a better curl that I know my hair can do but I am not sure what to use. Some one suggested to me on the streets to use gel. gel works great but its to drying on my hair I use QP gel. Can anyone tell me what they are using to bring out the natural curl pattern in their hair.

qtgirl

MISS JESSIE'S CURLY PUDDING™
Turns Kinks To Curls...
A splendid emulsion for your Curls, Kinks & Waves without the "CRUNCH". This curl creme was specifically formulated to stretch out and elongate your curls for soft, maximum curl definition. Amazing for Natural Curls, Kinks & Waves, Fingerstyling,TWA's, Silkeners™, Coiling, Transitioners, Kinky Weaves, and more. Excellent for CURL SHRINKAGE! Not recommended for straight hair.

NON-CHEMICALLY ALTERING-A CURLY STYLING CREME.

MISS JESSIE'S CURLY MERINGUE®
Boosts Limp and Droopy Curls...
A splendid hi-gloss, lightweight formula with a 1/2 shot of hold factor to BOOST your limp and droopy Curls,Kinks & Waves. CURLY MERINGUE™ is recommended for all textures that need a BOOST. BADA BOING! Excellent for a Stunning Twist & Braid Out, Spiral Rod Set, Fingerstyling, Silkeners™,2 Strand Twist, Curly Weaves and more! Amazing for OUTTA CONTROL CURLS!

A FAVORITE FOR RELAXED HAIR / TRANSITIONERS TO SPIRAL ROD OR TWIST SET UNTIL MORE NEW-GROWTH APPEARS.

NON-CHEMICALLY ALTERING-A CURLY STYLING CREME.

http://www.missjessies.com/products.htm

beyondcute

Tryign to find sites? :lol: A good one is naturallycurly.com You have to search for the forum but its on there and every type of curl is accepted. Good advice on products and everything.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Naturallycurly.com is a great site to help you with your curls. They have a lot of good products there also. I usually use Fantasia IC gel or Softsheen's Carefree Curl. Aloe vera gel is good also and not drying to the hair.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Trudy said:
I have been trying to find the sites for naturally curly hair. Since I discovered that my hair curls up, I been trying to find products to bring out the curl. It curls up with leave in conditioner and moisturizers but I am looking for a better curl that I know my hair can do but I am not sure what to use. Some one suggested to me on the streets to use gel. gel works great but its to drying on my hair I use QP gel. Can anyone tell me what they are using to bring out the natural curl pattern in their hair.
What do you mean by a 'better' curl? Looser or tighter curl? What's wrong with the way leave-in and moisturizers curl your hair up? How does it look? I would recommend working with your hair instead of against it. ;)

Nita81

Wow I didn't realize Miss Jessie's was soooo expenseive!!!! Is it worth it? I think I want to try the curly pudding.

beyondcute

Yea I dont know how I missed the better curl part... What exactly does that mean? More defined? Also I wanted to let you know that sem people that have longer curler hair tend to loose alot of deinition.. The weight of the hair stretches the curl out.

Cheleigh

Almost any product with a little hold will define my coils to some degree. These products are best used on freshly co-washed, wet hair (for me).

I use:
IC Fantasia (blue)
Smooth N Shine curl activator
Oyin Shine & Define

I always layer a styling product over a leave-in condish/moisturizer. My current leave-ins are Oyin Honey Hemp, Jamaican Mango & Lime leave-in, MHC Aloe Leave in, Oyin Whipped Pudding.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Jamaica mango n lime leave in and Ic gel. It made the best curl definition I've had yet! I have a mix of 3C and 4a, I think.:lol:

MzTami

Hellerrrr
Hi Trudy,

Great Question...I was looking for something to define my curls too. Here's what I've been using lately: Beyond the Zone "Noodle Head" this brings out the curls, but I use QP "feels like silk" along with the "Noodle Head" and my curls have been more defined than before, but I think my hair has more potential, if I can find the right curl enhancer. If I find something better, I will let you know.

blazingthru

qtgirl said:
MISS JESSIE'S CURLY PUDDING™
Turns Kinks To Curls...
A splendid emulsion for your Curls, Kinks & Waves without the "CRUNCH". This curl creme was specifically formulated to stretch out and elongate your curls for soft, maximum curl definition. Amazing for Natural Curls, .

I look on this website this sounds promising but I am going to have to pass on those high prices, it just won't fit in my budget. Thanks I will keep this on the burner until I can free up some funds.

blazingthru

Poohbear said:
What do you mean by a 'better' curl? Looser or tighter curl? What's wrong with the way leave-in and moisturizers curl your hair up? How does it look? I would recommend working with your hair instead of against it. ;)

Define would be the correct word. I don't know how you could change the natural texture of your hair unless you get a relaxer or perm. I want to bring my curls out more and with moistuizers and leave in conditioner it doesn't bring the full pattern out some areas are really dry looking and when I add gel or the aloe vera gel it springs out but then I don't like the way it dries. it looks dry. My hair is far from dry but I don't want it to look dry. I have a picture of my side and top of the kind of curls I have. I will take more later and put them on there.

blazingthru

beyondcute said:
Yea I dont know how I missed the better curl part... What exactly does that mean? More defined? Also I wanted to let you know that sem people that have longer curler hair tend to loose alot of deinition.. The weight of the hair stretches the curl out.

Yes that is exactly what I meant to say. Thanks for clearing it up for me

blazingthru

trinitybx said:
Go to http://www.motowngirl.com she has alot of good reviews on curl enhancing products.

Trinitybx, thanks i looked on her site that was good infor I really took down things I hadn't used before like recontructors and humectants I have heard about them but I never used them. i wash my hair everyday or condition wash it its easier for the curls to come out and look fresh every day. no matter how I cover my head at night its shaped like a cone when I wake up. Its best to just wet it good and then style it in the morning. I like the fact that I can do that but I am worried about how my hair will look six months from now when winter is back here again.

blazingthru

MzTami said:
Hi Trudy,

Great Question...I was looking for something to define my curls too. Here's what I've been using lately: Beyond the Zone "Noodle Head" this brings out the curls, but I use QP "feels like silk" along with the "Noodle Head" and my curls have been more defined than before, but I think my hair has more potential, if I can find the right curl enhancer. If I find something better, I will let you know.

Hi MzTami, I use QP gel and aloe vera gel and leave in moisturizer. I also put in olive oil. i can't honestly say if my hair is shiny or not I think it is but it doesn't dry until I am at work and not thinking about it anymore. I will try the feels like silk. I am trying to get use to this new texure I like the way it curls up sometime I have little ringlets and i pull on them all day can't help it I know is horrible to do that but they are so interesting to me. I called my mom up and asked her about them she said she didn't remember if I had curls are not she just remember it was soft and i was tenderheaded, I still am. Thank you for the tip

blazingthru

Pokahontas said:
Naturallycurly.com is a great site to help you with your curls. They have a lot of good products there also. I usually use Fantasia IC gel or Softsheen's Carefree Curl. Aloe vera gel is good also and not drying to the hair.

I look at the carefree curl all the time I am almost out of my mist I might go get some and see what happens. Thanks for the tip