Natural hair and shine

tdillz

Hi everyone! I'm having some problems with my hair and losing its shine. Usually when I co wash or wet my hair it shines naturally but what do you guys do or products do u use to help with shine throughout the entire day?
The pic below is what I want my hair to look like throughout the day but it jus ends up dull

Attachments

• image-1874217173.jpg
    image-1874217173.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 81

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Frequent HOTs have helped a lot with my hair's natural sheen. :yep:

Sealing with Jane Carter's Nourish & Shine or hempseed oil also up the shine factor... well, as much shine as natural hair can have. :giggle:

Leeda.the.Paladin

My natural hair, and I think most natural hair in general, doesn't really shine...it has more of a sheen. You can always try some oils but I've kind of come to embrace the fact that I dont' have shine. The only time I really can see shine is when it's straight or on pictures when there is a flash :)

KurlyNinja

If you dont mind cones, you could try Garnier Sleek & Shine Leave-in.

Its only about $2-$3 a bottle at Walmart and it will not moisturize your hair but keep it shiny all day. I use to use it all the time before I gave up cones.

tdillz

Embyra said:
http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2011/10/does-shiny-hair-healthy-hair.html

why your hair may not shine ^^^

Try lighter oils for added sheen.... deep conditioning..... hot oil treatments

your hair may never shine but once you get it in optimal health it will have sheen:yep:

Also try not to add to many products this will make your hair dull ingredients with petroleum and waxes also can make hair dull

This is soooo informative!!! Thank u!!!

lamaria211

KurlyNinja said:
If you dont mind cones, you could try Garnier Sleek & Shine Leave-in.

Its only about $2-$3 a bottle at Walmart and it will not moisturize your hair but keep it shiny all day. I use to use it all the time before I gave up cones.

Not moisturizing:( I just purchased this :( I wish I still had my reciept

kinkycurlygurl

I found that my hair showed it's sheen when I stopped putting a lot of products on it. I think products dull the natural sheen of the strands.

darlingdiva

I find that my hair has a sheen instead of shine. I second the suggestion about the Jane Carter Solution Nourish and Shine. That stuff is awesome. I use it to maximize my sheen.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I also have more sheen than shine, and deep conditioning has helped. I also like to use hempseed oil or coconut oil for increased sheen/shine.

faithVA

I found that my hair showed it's sheen when I stopped putting a lot of products on it. I think products dull the natural sheen of the strands.

ITA... I have found dullness to be a result of putting products that are too heavy on my hair. My hair doesn't absorb it and it just sits there. I try to lean towards products that are clear and oils that are light. And if I have a product that is too heavy I will cut it with a very light oil.

So try just using a very light oil and see how that works.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
Try........John Frieda Clear Glaze, Porosity Control (Sally's) or Diamond Shine Glaze(blue bottle - Sally's). They all have a low pH (~4 - 3.5) which closes your cuticles and imparts wonder shine - at least for me.

Ann0804

TBH, My hair has never had a shine to it even when relaxed it didn't shine. My hair has a high sheen to it. I'm not sure but it could be that your hair is prone to sheen rather than shine.