Natural hair care products

NessaNessa

Hi Ladies! :wave:

What natural products would you think should be sold in a natural hair store? Please list the brand(s) and a particular product(s) from that brand.

I have a few in mind that are are my personal faves but others input would be greatly appreciated.

Nonie

Whatever is being sold at CVS, Giant, Trader Joe's, Wegman's and the Vitamin Shoppe. I don't by so-called "products for black people's natural hair". I buy stuff anyone can use. So the store needs to have these lines: Aubrey Organics, Trader Joe's, Aussie, Giovanni, Organix, Nexxus, Garnier Fructis, Luster's, John Frieda, CHI as well as Apple Cider Vinegar (any brand)and essential oils...for me to consider shopping there. And it needs to be closer to me than any of the stores I mentioned, coz I am not going out of my way to support a store.

ETA (AO GPB & HSR, Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo & 50:50 shampoo, Garnier Fructis (any non creamy shampoo), Nexxus Therappe, Emergencee, Humectress DC; Organix Vanilla, Pomegranate; Luster's S Curl, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa (shampoo and conditioner) and Tea Tree Shampoo, Aussie Dee..p...; JF Heat Defeat and Thermal Protection Serum; CHI Infra Thermal Treatment.

Last edited:

LittleLuxe

Hmmm, maybe not so much a brand but I'd love if we could get things like unprocessed avocado oil and fractionated coconut oil without having to go through special companies online with requirements and shipping. Good natural healthy stuff :)

SimJam

Id love to have a natural hair store that carried the "ingredients" we like such as raw shea butter, mango butter etc, herbs such as nettle, burdock root, marshmallow also aloe vera juice and gel, a variety of oils, henna and indigo etc.

lilyofthenile

Would love natural ingredients also, such as vegetable glycerin, essential oils, unrefined and cold pressed oils, floral waters etc.

I find that I have to go online for a lot of those.

NessaNessa

Thanks so much for replying. A lot of what was suggested never even crossed my mind.

More suggestions are welcomed. :)

choctaw

Oil & butters: olive, coconut, sunflower, mustard, sesame, castor, tea tree, argan, avocado, shea, palm, amber gris, darbar
ayurvedic powders: henna, amla, Brahmi, maka, neem, shikakai, cassia, katha, indigo
herbs: catnip, hibiscus, fenugreek, nettle, horsetail, eucalyptus, chamomile, sage, dulse
soap: raw African black soap, Swastik shikakai bars, Dr. Bronner’s liquid castile soap
clays: French green clay, fuller’s earth, Aztec
other: vegetable glycerin, distilled water, liquid lecithin, rosewater, apple cider vinegar, aloe vera gel/juice/leaves

yeah ... just a wish list :look:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Qhemet
Uncle Funky's Daughter
Aubrey Organics
Marie Dean
Hairveda
Bee Mine
As I Am Naturally
CURLS
Curl Junkie
Jessicurl
Donna Marie
Anita Grant

tiffers

NessaNessa Maaan, if you made a store with some of these brands PLUS oils and butters, you would make a killing.

It would be a one stop shop for most of us. :yep:

NessaNessa

Yes, we are opening a store and also intend to carry natural products. I am very confident in this venture and will keep you all posted.

Please keep the suggestions coming.

I really wanted to carry a members hair care line bc i love her products. however, i never received a reply to my email inquiry

tiffers

Yes, we are opening a store and also intend to carry natural products. I am very confident in this venture and will keep you all posted.

Please keep the suggestions coming.

I really wanted to carry a members hair care line bc i love her products. however, i never received a reply to my email inquiry

Really? That sucks! Hopefully you get a response soon.

And YES! Keep us updated and give us a lank as soon as the store opens!

There are quite a few members who have lines:

Hairveda
Shescentit
Silk Dreams
Be Mine
Hydratherma Naturals
Qhemet
Sabino

And I'm sure there are more. :yep:

NessaNessa

You ladies have given me great input!! Thanks!

Everyone else feel free to add. We are excited about this!

Kirei

My suggestion is to look on Etsy and find small businesses the sell natural products.

I have a line: DIY Hair Care Products, you also have:
Darcys Botanicals
Koils By Nature
Shea Radiance
Curly Kinks (sp?)
BoBeam
Clo-Vee
Camille Rose
Soap Seduction
Zipporah Beauty
and lots more.

These brands are small but, are growing and are all natural no fillers.

I don't have a problem with Qhemet and Oyin but, man everyone carries them in their store give the little guys a hand...lol

NessaNessa

My suggestion is to look on Etsy and find small businesses the sell natural products.

I have a line: DIY Hair Care Products, you also have:
Darcys Botanicals
Koils By Nature
Shea Radiance
Curly Kinks (sp?)
BoBeam
Clo-Vee
Camille Rose
Soap Seduction
Zipporah Beauty
and lots more.

These brands are small but, are growing and are all natural no fillers.

I don't have a problem with Qhemet and Oyin but, man everyone carries them in their store give the little guys a hand...lol

Selah339 Point taken :yep: I am going to look into all the lines mentioned including yours!

We are very open minded. Thanks!

LunaGorgeous

I would loooooooooove a local store that focused on selling natural/raw ingredients, instead of always having to get them online. The cost may be a bit higher but at least I'd get to see the ingredient before purchasing. Alot more people are taking their hair care into their own hands, and making their own products from scratch, so that would be pretty great to have that resource locally.

Aside from that, I see Nature's Gate shampoos and conditioners in Whole Foods, but not anywhere else. Their hemp conditioner and tea tree shampoo were one of my favorites.