Natural Hair Show 2015

lady1979

Hello Lovelies
Did anyone else go to the natural hair show in Atlanta this weekend? I have been going yearly since 2011 and man have things CHANGED. My biggest reason for going was Henna Sooq and they werent there and too many vendors ran out of stuff ( got there at 1pm on Saturday-- you are out in 3 hrs?? not giveaways but almost all the good products for sale???really??) I guess since Im kinda out of the "experimentation" phase and basically was looking to stock up in staples....no such luck.
Because I remember when...
shea moisture was 5 bucks- any item
karens was 3 for 15
miss jessies had t shirts
henna was a great deal (especially considering shipping)
edens body was brand new
and so on and so on...
I got a Q-redew I've had my eye on but otherwise, this was probably my last run with the show- I'll save the 15 bucks and wait for bogos and sales :0
what was your experience?

niknakmac

Thanks for the feedback. I was thinking about going and then changed my mind. Now I'm glad I didn't go especially since I have my products streamlined and know what works for me.

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
I havent been to the last 2 due to traveling elsewhere but honestly I really only go to the WNHS to network and meet up with other naturals.

The deals stopped being awesome in like 2011-2012. I think Taliah Waajid is steadily increasing the prices for vendors to vend and unless you're huge, making a profit at the WNHS is HARD as heck especially if you are a small vendor.

If Im not mistaken you have to pay for your space, pay for internet if customers want to pay via swipe/phone thingies, etc..

Its more profitable to have an event , bring bloggers out, and do some type of dinner/lunch with hair demos and such.

When I was with my PlatinumPJ sisters it was a headache even planning an event. So, if I go next year, it will be to meet up and just drool over hair.

NaturallyATLPCH

I definitely agree. I've been going since 2013 and that was the last time there were great vendors and awesome sales.
I did go this year but it was mainly for t-shirts and accessories. The accessories were good but the t-shirts sucked. Oh, and I reupped on some Chic Afrique body butters. They smell amazing.
It has definitely changed even in the past two years I've gone. There are way more vendors there with things I can get from Target, Walmart, and even the Beauty Supply Store. Like, why would I pay $10 to go in there to buy Aunt Jackie's, Eden Body Works, and Luster's, to name a few?

I did go to the Its All About the Curls meet up. It was nice. I think next year I will go to more meet ups happening during the weekend.