Natural Hair Styles

A

anks

What kind of natural hair styles can I give my three year old daughter? her hair is a 4a/b. she's has beautiful hair i keep it braided with hair beads or either do the box parts with rubber bands and twist and put hair barrettes on the ends. I'm using CON ultra moisturizing, and Suave Conditioner, I also deep condition with Lekair Cholesterol, and oil her hair with Olive Oil & Castor Oil. For everyday styling when hair is not in braids i use Luster's Pink Oil moisturizer or either water & Allways Super Gro hair grease(since it has the vitamin e and jojoba and rosemary oil in it). As a leave-in I use Beautiful Beginnings Leave-in Conditioner. How often should i wash her hair in between her braiding period since her hair is natural? I want my daughter's natural hair to grow long and beautiful at least to bra-stap length. how fast does it take for natural hair to grow? Thanks for all replies

amy1234

You should wash her hair once a week to replenish moisture in your daughters hair. Some cute styles that come to mind are two pigtails with the ends twisted and clipped..but I think your already mentioned this. Hopefully other members will chime in and help on some styling ideas. HTH

DelightfulFlame

I agree with washing once a week or once every two weeks depending on the style she's wearing.

I would replace any products that you are using that contain petroleum, petroletum, or any by products of it. They are clogging to the pores when used directly on the scalp. You can use other oils instead that are more beneficial. The one I recommend you try first is plain old olive oil from the grocery store. Others are jojoba, coconut, avocado, sweet almond, etc...

I have some of my daughter's styles in my album. Your welcome to take a look.

A

anks

Thanks so much for replying. Delightful Flame you and your daughter are so beautiful. I just love your daughter's hairstyles. Those were styles I was talking about creating also. I'm already doing the individuals (box parts) twist with hair beads the small one though. She loves to wear those. I'm going to start doing those styles I loved the twist with the ponytail now that was too cute!!!

DelightfulFlame

[ QUOTE ]
tbcool03 said:
Thanks so much for replying. Delightful Flame you and your daughter are so beautiful. I just love your daughter's hairstyles. Those were styles I was talking about creating also. I'm already doing the individuals (box parts) twist with hair beads the small one though. She loves to wear those. I'm going to start doing those styles I loved the twist with the ponytail now that was too cute!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!