Heat Damage Advice needed (Pics included)

CurlyCoilycourt

Brief background story:

Last relaxer-October 1 2008
Big chopped-July 15, 2009

Every since my big chop last year i have been wearing wigs because i did not know what to do with my newly short natural hair. Recently about a month ago i decided to give up my wigs and wear my natural hair....one problem i did not know where to start?!?! I decided to get my hair straightened by the Dominicans and did not notice much heat damage after i washed so i got it straightened again 2 weeks later (now im thinking this was too soon and where my prob may have came from).

I want to start wearing my hair natural and have done great research and brought some products (devacare, kinky curly, etc)

My question is where do I go from here should i cut the heat damage or maybe bun from now on and see what happens?

Thanks I truly appreciate the help:yawn:

Attachments

• HD1.jpg
    HD1.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 73
  • HD2.jpg
    HD2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 68
  • HD3.jpg
    HD3.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 70
  • HD4.jpg
    HD4.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 64

ms.blue

I have heat damage & even though it's not breaking, it's annoying me so I have been slowly cutting them off.

Have you tried a protein treatment to see it that will help before you decided what you going to do w/ the heat damage?

starfish79

My front strands were pretty straight from heat damage too (see super old siggy pic, left). As long as it's not breaking just let it grow out and trim it as it goes.

CurlyCoilycourt

I dont believe there is any breakage i had a lot of shedding (which i expected) my first wash...but what type of protein treatment a hard one or light?