Natural Ladies, do you baggy?

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Do you feel that it helps you to retain more length? Or do you feel it ends up breaking off your natural hair? I want to try it on my natural hair. I know when I was relaxed, baggying was a nono. I'm wondering if my natural hair can stand it now though.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I baggy a few times a week immediately after moisturizing with ny aloe juice/glycerin and sealing with evoo. Sometimes I spray a little aphogee keratin spray to prevent my hair from getting overmoisturized. So far it's working. My protein/moisture balance is on piont and the baggy really drives the moisture deep into my strands

Channy31

I don't see the need, my hair gets all it's moisture from my deep condition. It actually rarely gets dry anymore and I don't M & S...
hmmm.. maybe my hair is odd

faithVA

I think lots of naturals have success with it. I have tried it but it seems like baggying draws more moisture out of my hair vs. imparting moisture into my hair. I seem to do better with just spritzing it and letting it be.

If your natural hair gets over moisturized then skip it. However, if your hair gets dry mid-week it is worth a try. I don't think you will have the same issues you had when relaxed. Natural hair in general tends to react a bit differently.

snoop

In the winter, I baggy under my winter hat because it gets really cold here (down to -15C). In the summer I don't bother.

sgold04

I baggy but I am not consistent. It does work wonders for my hair. My hair is prone to dryness, so I am aiming to do it more often.

southerncitygirl

Nope I do the LOC method reversed to LCO and I don't make m hair soaking wet with the L portion I just mist it then apply the other layers.

Lynn84

When I do baggy it's only for an hour or two after i do the LOC method. I tried overnight baggying and my hair was soaked the next day. :nono:

Angelbean

I do baggy sometimes, tho my hair tends to stay well moisturized...I guess I do it more so as a precaution more then a treatment.

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I baggy on occasion, usually if when my hair gets super dry. I was just thinking about doing it tonight and saw this post.