Natural ladies which flat iron is best????

in your opinion ,what flat ironing device is best???

• Total voters

Choclatcotton

JUst conducting a quick product survey on which is the best straightner for natural 3 and 4 a and b hair?

Why do you like it?

Chi flat iron

Maxiglide

Pressing comb

non electric flat iron

natstar

I like the Solia brand. It straightens without damaging the hair. I able to get my hair straight at 325-350 degrees without damage. I have even gone up to 375 with no damage. I don't know the exact reason why-it may be a combo of the flat iron and my serum I put on before I flat iron (fantasia). I also like it because I can create curls with the iron as well. So if I want it sleek straight, spirals, or curly, I can acheive that with this iron. I think other more expensive brand irons act in the same manner

Choclatcotton

Thanks for your response, im in the market for one and tired of the old pressing comb. want to try something new and healthier to straighten my hair

lana

I'm natural and I have the Sedu. It gets my hair straight but I'm looking for something better. I noticed that the ends of my hair don't straighten as well as I would like AND my hair reverts really quickly. I'm not blaming the iron, but I've had it for a year and I think it's time to try something new.

MsCounsel

lana said:
I'm natural and I have the Sedu. It gets my hair straight but I'm looking for something better. I noticed that the ends of my hair don't straighten as well as I would like AND my hair reverts really quickly. I'm not blaming the iron, but I've had it for a year and I think it's time to try something new.

I also use Sedu and it seems that after a year, it does NOT straighten as well as it did before. I wonder about the longevity of flat irons. :ohwell:

nurseN98

Ayiti cherie
I like the maxiglide because of the little teeth. i know some folks don't like them but as long as I detangle well they aren't as much of a prob for me. I really likes it because my hair has body and basically looks better then when I was relaxed.

Syrah

Anything with the Tourmaline + Ceramic combination (Chi, Sedu, Solia, T3) in my opinion. I've usd T3, Chi and Solia and of the three, I like Sedu the best ONLY because it was the cheapest. I sold my Chi and my T3 on ebay - I'm trying to buy another Chi.

Keep in mind there are two types of Chi - the Chi that most people know is JUST ceramic. the ULTA (not ULTRA) Chi is tourmaline + Ceramic.

momi

I think the iron type is secondary - in my opinion it is all about the technique....

I have the FHI - maxiglide straightens very well but for some reason I didnt like it....