Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Solia

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Maxiglide

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • other

Votes: 18 45.0%

• Total voters
i'm retiring my 20 dolllar Andis flat and splurge on a real flat iron but which one I've used CHI before and I love it but which is the best?????????:grin:

Ive tried the chi and i love the fhi better..... Plus Ulta have them on sale for about $74.

Last edited:
I like the Solia..never tried any of the other ones...GVP is suppose to be good too which is Sally's version of the CHI/FHI..

Sedu...the reviews on Folica.com were enough for me when I got it (2005/ another in 2007).

I have a two Sedus, a Deep Brillance(CHI for "textured"hair) a Sally's GVP in lilac, a Wigo(that was my first), some bootleg brand from Ulta(it was free with $100 purchase) and a babybliss mini

The Sedu is definitely the best. The plates are so slick and smooth that my 4a/b hair never gets caught up on it..never. The Deep Brilliance is cool and for $40 it does an EXCELLENT job but I don't like the fact that there is no temperature control. The GVP, I am concerned about the paint coming off(I loved the fact that it was lilac) but for the price ($54) the Deep Brilliance flat iron does a better job and was a better deal. The Wigo that one is peeling( I got that back in 2K3 or something) and it never gets used anymore..I really need to have a year sale.

The bootleg from Ulta never used it; the little babybliss is fine for my edges or the nape.

FHI. It works great for African American hair- whether you are relaxed and just need to straighten your NG or are natural (like my 4B friend who I bought the FHI Platform for for Christmas.) She loved it by the way, it really straightened her hair out!

You can't go wrong with any of their models either. The only thing is that the RVI models do not have a temp control. The Platform does have one ($195) and the FHI Runway is the newer one; however I don't know that many people looking to spend $450 on a flat iron.

Good luck on your search!

Sedu all the way. I have the 1" and the 1.5". No burning, no snagging , just sleek shiny straightness.

I had a FHI Platform but I gave it to my mother. I love my Solia, but I've been itching to try to the Sedu...but the Solia is working for me.

I bought the CHI for myself as a Christmas gift and it was not what it was cracked up to be :nono: I now want to try the FHI but I've been wearing my hair in rollersets so I think I'll wait on that one... :ohwell:

OP, how could you leave out the FHI? Solid ceramic plates and under $75 with shipping at frizzy2silky.com. My FHI is the bomb.

This is my hair after a roller set and silk wrap
blown roots 003.JPG

This is my hair after flat ironing with my FHI. First time straightening, too. (tried once before at a salon and the straightening was unsuccessful)
shine2.jpg

Also, the above pic is 2nd day hair.

I like the Solia..never tried any of the other ones...GVP is suppose to be good too which is Sally's version of the CHI/FHI..

I used this one on my hair today. I am not feeling it. I prefer my andis over it.

Op I am going to blurge on babyliss Nano flat iron.

I used this one on my hair today. I am not feeling it. I prefer my andis over it.

Op I am going to blurge on babyliss Nano flat iron.
My word, I thought it was just me. That gvp was a joke. I took it back two days later. My hair is not hard to straighten and I could still see my curl pattern. I'll keep searching I may get a rusk, my stylist uses it and it's on special for $50 at the rusk site.

OP, how could you leave out the FHI? Solid ceramic plates and under $75 with shipping at frizzy2silky.com. My FHI is the bomb.

This is my hair after a roller set and silk wrap
View attachment 28695

This is my hair after flat ironing with my FHI. First time straightening, too. (tried once before at a salon and the straightening was unsuccessful)
View attachment 28691

Also, the above pic is 2nd day hair.
Thanks for the referral, Sheba1, that place has excellent pricing and a great variety of fhi irons! Thanks so much!

Back