Natural/organic product users post your staples and reviews HERE!!!

Divine Inspiration

Hello all,

I'm transitioning to natural/organic products, and I'm hoping I can get some solid recs from this thread.

As far as I know there are a few ladies who have plans of using natural products once the New Year begins so I figured this thread would be helpful for anyone looking to spend the end of the year experimenting and have staples ready to go in January.

I've been dabbling in Giovanni's stuff, and I've already decided to keep the Vitapro Fusion & Direct Leave-In in my regimen. For some reason, I think I can find a poo that's creamier than Aubrey's HSR.

I've heard great things about J/A/S/O/N's Sea Kelp con so I plan to give that a shot soon.

Natural product users, chime in please! :look:

brazenxvirtue

Aubrey Organic's GPB Con & Shampoo - The shampoo isn't for those addicted to lather, but it leaves my hair nice and soft and clean. The conditioner is beyond words. :yep:

Aubrey Organic's White Camellia Con. - Nothing tames my frizzies like this conditioner. Nothing.

Aubrey Organic's Honesuckle Rose Con. (Do you smell a groupie?) - Oooooh, the moisture. Sigh.

Jason's Biotin Con. & Shampoo - The shampoo is a medium strength cleanser; not harsh but a thorough clean that still leaves my hair soft. The conditioner tingles so nicely and is great for curbing shedding. Jason's conditioners are also a great source of mild protein.

Jason's Jojoba Con. - Lots of moisture plus some protein for good measure.

Giovanni Direct Leave-in - Well, everyone knows about this one.

brazenxvirtue

Divine Inspiration said:
Brazen!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You have no idea how helpful that is!!!

:blush: Aww, anytime. ;)

If you really want the scoop on Jason's, I'd suggest luring out BlackCardinal.
She's been known to respond to offerings of Chai tea.

brazenxvirtue

OMG, how could I leave it out??? Bad, Brazen. Bad! :whip:

Aubrey Organic's Sea Buckthorn Leave-in Conditioner - Possibly my favorite product ever. The amount of moisture this gives my hair is ridiculous. If I can't wash, I spray this in my hair till it's damp. Wonderful refresher. This is really good for softness and moisture, not big on shine. But use this consistently and you'll find coarse ends won't feel crunchy anymore. :D

Victorian

old head
brazenxvirtue said:
:blush: Aww, anytime. ;)

If you really want the scoop on Jason's, I'd suggest luring out BlackCardinal.
She's been known to respond to offerings of Chai tea.

I shall answer the call.

Jason cons that I have tried:
Sea Kelp
Biotin
Color Sealant
Tall Grass
EFA
Aloe
Lavender
Rosewater

My faves are sea kelp and biotin. The best-smelling one of those I listed is Color Sealant (smells like lillies), followed closely by Rosewater (smells like roses, naturally). Tall Grass is a protein con and was a little strong for my hair, but if you need a protein con that has more umph than, say, GPB or elucence/elasta light proteins, then you might want to check it out. For milder strengthening, Lavender takes the cake. EFA is good as a base for deep conditioning because it is very thick and moisturizing.
They're all good for con washes except tall grass (too much protein) and possibly efa (too intense moisture for my hair for everyday--yours may be different).
There are a bunch of other varieties that I haven't tried...yet :lol:

You mentioned that you had been dabbling in Giovanni stuff. If you haven't tried the 50:50 conditioner I would highly recommend it. I really liked it for con washes :yep:

Nita81

I use Jason Sea Kelp shampoo/conditioner, Jason Jojoba shampoo/conditioner, Jason styling gel and hair spray, Giovanni direct leave in, shea butter, hair oil blend.

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
I wondering aobut other natural prducts yall may use too. Maybe when I run out of all the stuff that i got, I will switch over to completely natural products.

Arcadian

Currently using Giovanni's magnetic shampoo and conditioner. I'm almost done with them and have to say I do like how my hair acts and feels. I've gotten very few split ends or tangles since using this product and usually wash my hair every couple of days (sometimes every other day depending on my workout schedule).

Price Point wise, I get then at whole foods for about $8.99 each but little goes a long way with this stuff.

The shampoo and conditioner are very thick and creamy (and they smell good)

Giovanni 50/50 is also good and well liked by my hair too but personally I like the magnetic stuff more.

One I didn't like was MOP (Modern Organic Products) Mixed Greens Shampoo/Conditioner. Definitly more split ends and tangles and it didn't make my hair feel as nice. I sent it to my mom and she loves the stuff :perplexed

-A

CarLiTa

Good reviews :)
I have Jason Sea Kelp conditioner - i think i'll use it for cowashes
I might get Jason's Biotin conditoner- when i'm done with Sea Kelp

I"m going to buy Giovanni 50:50 shampoo, conditioner, already have direct leave-in, might get Nutrafix or Aubrey Organics GPB

im saving this thread

Ambitious1013

I use the following products on my hair:

Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Shampoo - very gentle on my hair!
Aubrey Organics White Camellia Conditioner - tames the frizz!!!
Aubrey GPB - wonderful!
Giovanni Direct Leave-In Conditioner - :love:
Aubrey Clarifying Shampoo

My hair loves all of these products. I think I am going to try Giovanni's shampoos and conditioners next.

Elizabeth26

I use the JASON biotin shampoo and conditioner. It leaves my hair really soft and it has improve the condition of my hair.

Zeal

Yall ain't right. I am in the PJ use all u got challange. Now I stumble across this thread. :alcoholic :alcoholic .

Yall pray for me.

mscounselor

Im glad someone posted the costs of the products. I would LOVE to switch all organic/natural but because I dont work I can't afford it. By the time I use all the products collected in my cabinet I should have graduated and have a job to afford them.
At least I already use MOP leave in. Its done wonders for my transitioning hair.

I'll have to save this thread until then.

Arcadian

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Dang it!! :lol: I feel my PJism kicking in after reading this thread.:look:

Then don't read this post:D ....

For those who have a Filenes Basement near you, they have LOTS of MOP stuff. (shampoo is like 6 bucks, conditioner like 8 bucks) They have -system stuff too. Its a little more expensive but not by much.

The selection will probably vary by store but definitly in massachusetts its probably worth going if you want to try the line (plus they also have some nexxus products..:eek: wait never mind I didn't say that... :lol: )

I've seen MOP's protien treatment but never used it. It could be really good but since I smelled it and thought it was a little funky I wasn't exactly jazzed about trying it out.

-A

carameldiva

i looooooooooove multi-purpose liquid castille soap(www.thechemistrystore.com) great price- i got a gallon and this is by far the best shampoo i have ever used outside of my other two faves CON and Saloncare.

Also they have a great vitamin fortified hair conditioner there as well.

blueMoon

Pureology product line
MOP product line(C System, leave-in & extreme moisture)
AG conditioners
Virgin Coconut Cream
EOs(peppermint, rosemary, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, ylang ylang)

these are the products that worked best for me

shalom

I've tried Jason products they all worked well except for the Biotin, it did wonders while I used it (thickened hair and gave growth) but when I stopped I experienced a lot of thinning and shedding. Aubrey's products are ok. See website I don't think you can get anymore natural or organic than this. http://www.makeyourcosmetics.com/recipes/ag.asp

carameldiva

I recently discovered Trader Joe's pure castile soap(peppermint)- can we say outstanding shampoo- i got 7-16 oz btls for $25. Great deal. A little goes a long way.

s_terry

anything bt Aubrey Organics. personal favorites is the GPB conditioner. Just quality stuff. I also use his face care line and thinks it helps my complexion alot. I get compliments on my skin.

Cinnabuns

This is such a great topic.;)

I really like the inexpensive brand that Trader Joe's carries entitled, "Pepermint Castile Soap." It has pure peppermint oil in it and really does wonders for my hair. It cleans it without striping it. I really like this stuff as well as Bronner's Castille Soap, the one with Almond Oil added.

aileenadq

I can't say this enough...JANE CARTER SOLUTIONS for after shampoo/ conditioner. I use it from the Wrap & Roll to the Nourish & Shine butter. It smells yummy, too.

Healthb4Length

I've been dabbling in a few all natural product lines. I'm on a mission to finish up most of the other stuff but so far I will tell you what lines that I love;

Jason's Sea Kelp Shampoo is amazing! Great slip, great detangling leaves hair soft.

Giovanni Direct leave-in leaves my hair very soft and detangles well.
Giovanni's Triple Treat conditioner made my hair soft!
AO-GPB is a nice light protein treatment
Elucence's shampoo and conditioners were also very effective but since I've discovered Jason's I think I'll be sticking with Jason and Giovanni.