Natural/Relaxed/In-Between Observations

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
One thing that I love about LHCF is that with a few exceptions, there isn't much militancy about what other folks do with their hair.

I peek into relaxed threads...I don't relax anymore.

I peek into weave threads...I don't wear weave anymore.

I peek into wig threads....I don't wear wigs anymore.

I peek into product recommendation threads....My regimen is pretty much air tight.

I even peek into miracle growth potion threads......I'm 'bout 99% sure they don't work, but I read anyway.

I just love reading about what my big and lil sistas is doing with their hair! Regardless of how or what they are doing to it.

With that said, does anybody else read across the spectrum when it comes to haircare?

It always seems to me that the folks who are doing long transitions and the folks who are stretching their relaxers have more in common than they realize.

The relaxed folks who feel like their new growth is uncontrollable should check out some of the natural posts, because the naturals got some tricks that could help.

The weave threads give some braiding/corn rowing tips that could be helpful to naturals.

The texturize/texlax threads provide insight to naturals who may be thinking about going the perm route without the total committment of relaxing. (FYI - every time I read a 'corrective relaxer' thread, it reinforces to me that I need to stay natural).

There is always something to be learned, especially in the places where you wouldn't ordinarily look.:)

Great post Jcoily. I do that too. Who knows, I may decide to go natural one day and I will have a wealth of information if I do. Also, people always ask me for recommendations about products and methods, etc. So I have knowledge on a lot of types of hair and products, even if I don't plan to use them in the future. I can be of help to someone else.

I do this all the time. I am also natural and not planning on using any relaxers or texturizers in the future. However, I do lurk in threads relating to relaxing, texturizing, flat ironing, etc. I usually tried to gain some knowledge for my mother who is relaxed and usually not sure what she wants to do with her hair. I also apply her chemicals so I try to get as much knowledge as possible. I do also agree that some threads that do not directly pertain to my needs or wishes, are helpful. For example, I check out some of the tips from the relaxed stretchers on getting their new growth smooth because it actually gives me tips on how to flatten my natural hair when I want to smooth my hair in a bun.

JCoily said:
One thing that I love about LHCF is that with a few exceptions, there isn't much militancy about what other folks do with their hair.

I peek into relaxed threads...I don't relax anymore.

I peek into weave threads...I don't wear weave anymore.

I peek into wig threads....I don't wear wigs anymore.

I peek into product recommendation threads....My regimen is pretty much air tight.

I even peek into miracle growth potion threads......I'm 'bout 99% sure they don't work, but I read anyway.

I just love reading about what my big and lil sistas is doing with their hair! Regardless of how or what they are doing to it.

With that said, does anybody else read across the spectrum when it comes to haircare?

It always seems to me that the folks who are doing long transitions and the folks who are stretching their relaxers have more in common than they realize.

The relaxed folks who feel like their new growth is uncontrollable should check out some of the natural posts, because the naturals got some tricks that could help.

The weave threads give some braiding/corn rowing tips that could be helpful to naturals.

The texturize/texlax threads provide insight to naturals who may be thinking about going the perm route without the total committment of relaxing. (FYI - every time I read a 'corrective relaxer' thread, it reinforces to me that I need to stay natural).

There is always something to be learned, especially in the places where you wouldn't ordinarily look.:)

I ALWAYS read natural product recommendations especially for detangling. I find it is the best info.

I read the natural threads like there is no tomorrow.

I love natural hair and treating my hair like it is natural:p since I stretch I have to deal with about 2 inches of natural hair every few months or so.

I read all types of threads just because I love to absorb all the wisdom and knowledge from you fabulous ladies!:D

JCoily, this is an awesome post! I am one of those long transitioners who stays in the Relaxer stretcher threads! I learn so much from women here and they probably don't even realize it. I read the texlax threads just in case I change my mind and need some opinions. I love this board! :D

I read all of em! Most of the time it was to learn what was best for my daughters natural hair but I just love looking at some of the natural albums. It's so inspiring!! I've learned so much about stretching, product recc, etc. It's nice to peek outside of your own box.

I learned a lot about stretching in the transitions threads. I just use braids now, but those threads helped a lot.

Great thread! I'm natural, always been natural.. not interested in relaxers or texturizers but for some reason, I LOVE reading about texturizing/texlaxing and seeing the results. I really just love looking at hair.. whether natural, texlaxed, texturized or relaxed and LHCF ladies have some of the most beautiful hair around.

Nice knowing that I'm not the only one. I've picked up some great tips reading relaxed threads or relaxed regimens on fotki. And even if I don't want to relax or weave, i can still appreciate gorgeous hair of any variety.

I love reading about all hair types, and all advaice given, because i (among everyone else) know women in "real life" with all types of hair, and i love the fact that they will come to me and ask for advice... even though i have never been relaxed, i could give alot of advice on it lol. Besides the tips i have learnt fromsome relaxed heads do work with me. I love LHCF its nutreul (sp), were happy aslong as your happy, and we edify everyone no matter what their hair type or style, i can shave offmy hair and still get love, grow a big ass fro and still get love..straightenor relax and STILL get love... if only the world was like LHCF

I read all the threads.....especially the ones about flat-ironing. I wanted to know what is a good straightening serum. I already have some in mind that I want to use.

Poobity said:
I read all the threads.....especially the ones about flat-ironing. I wanted to know what is a good straightening serum. I already have some in mind that I want to use.

I'm sure you've come across it but I've heard biosilk is good. I'm going to try it the next time I straighten.

I'm natural now, but I will be lightly texturizing my hair in the near future. I am always learning new techniques and I am an avid PJ, so I have to see what is going on. I wish my hair would relax strait, but it does texturize beautifully. By using all these threads, I get well educated.

I read everything too. You never know when something may come in handy. Even though I have no desire to relax my own hair, I stay in those threads in case I have to do one for a friend.

Great thread. I do look at all kinds of threads and albums. I gotta stay outta the relaxed rollersetters albums cuz they tempt me. :lachen: It so many beautiful heads of hair of all types here that its nauseating.

My hair is barely shoulder, and I absolutely love the super-duper long hair threads. I pay attention to use of chemicals, but really it's just another factor on a long list of hair characteristics.

BECAUSE of the LHCF and reading about ALL hair types makes me desire to be natural again, then I want to be texlaxed, then I wish I could have natural twists, then I want long relaxed hair and it goes on and on. The naturals and texlaxed have truly inspired me. And when I reach midback relaxed, I think I am gonna cut off my hair, and start natural... its cause of you gorgeous, absolutely beautiful naturals and texlaxed, and relaxed.

I view most threads. It does not matter what the texture or whether members are natural, relaxed or texturized. I find beauty in all of these choices on LHCF.

I love the diversity of styles, lengths, regimens.

Poobity said:

I've heard Biosilk is good, but I've also heard it will dry the hair out eventually because it does contain alcohol (and the alcohol is the third ingredient, so it's pretty high up on the list).

Chi Silk Infusion is made by the same company (Farouk) and has almost all the same ingredients as Biosilk but without the parabens or the alcohol. It's just newer and better for the hair (hence why I didn't let curiosity kill this cat and succumb to buying Biosilk when I already had Silk Infusion).

Last edited:
i peek into other threads too. i enjoy reading the natural threads to pickup tips for my daugter's hair. i also read the monistat thread because i thought it was interesting. didn't have the nerve to try it though.

Back