Ok...now, how about a R U Relaxed 4 Life Thread!

Nice & Wavy

How many of you relaxed ladies who are loving being relaxed and will stay this way for life or are not even thinking about being natural? (This can go for any texlaxed ladies as well)

I would really like to know this, especially since there are many "new" threads popping up about being natural for life.

Please share:

Why are you relaxed?

Will you stay relaxed even though you have read many threads/posts about what members say about being natural?

What is it about relaxed hair that you like/love/adore?

Will you ever go natural?

Why/Why not?

What relaxer do you use now?

What are the best products that you use on your relaxed hair that sets it apart from all the rest?

Thanks, ladies....just wanted to know!

Blessings...;)

locabouthair

because when i was natural i had to plan events around my hair. my main style as a natural was cornrows and i always had to fidn someone to braid my hair and when it wasnt braided i was always rocking a head tie or a hat. not a good look. and my hair was too short to wear a simple puff. being natural was a lot of work for me. i couldnt do was n go like others do

yes i will if i can maintain thickness and health. i was natural up to 8 months ago and i know how frustrating it was for me. i was natural for four years. so as much as i love other naturals hair and they make it sound easy i know what i had to go through with my hair. and i really dont want to go through that again

it is less maintenance than when i was natural but my relaxed hair has it downsides too. its easier for me to make my hair look decent relaxed versus when my hair was natural

not unless my hair gets too damaged and unhealthy

went thru too much with my natural hair. read above. im not against natural hair. i love seeing other naturals but mine was a night mare

mizani

thats a hard one because im still tyring to find good products for my hair

LocksOfLuV

Nice & Wavy said:
How many of you relaxed ladies who are loving being relaxed and will stay this way for life or are not even thinking about being natural? (This can go for any texlaxed ladies as well)

I would really like to know this, especially since there are many "new" threads popping up about being natural for life.

Please share:

Why are you relaxed?

Will you stay relaxed even though you have read many threads/posts about what members say about being natural?

Why/Why not?

What are the best products that you use on your relaxed hair that sets it apart from all the rest?

Blessings...;)

Okay well here I go. I am texlaxed right now, but after I reach my desired length I plan on going back to straight. Not bone straight, but straight enough to where I can rollerset and wear without flat ironing. BTW, I use ORS relaxer (regular strength).

I like being relaxed and honestly I don't see myself going natural for a looong time. I will never say never, but the idea of BCing and having short hair is something I do not want. Neither do I want to transition. Neither do I want to have to wear braids, twists, and puffs all the time either.

*I* feel like that when you are natural you are limited to styling choices. Yes you can straighten, but I am a 4a/b and my hair won't get bone straight from a flat iron alone. I don't think my 4a/b hair can get the desired silkiness without a relaxer. I like the fact that I can effortlessly detangle my hair and or rollerset it and have nice fluffy straight hair.

So I guess I can say, I am not even thinking about, thinking about going natural.

There are numerous products I like. Silicon Mix conditioner, Eqyss Survivor Detangler (as a leave-in), Biolage Leave-In Tonic Spray, and Keracare Shampoo are just a few of them.

I love being relaxed because my hair is so much easier to maintain. I can wear alot of different styles, I can wear my hair up in a french roll, straight, curly or wavy. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against natural sistas, it's just not for me.

gymfreak336

Nice & Wavy said:

Please share:

Why are you relaxed?
I am relaxed because my mother got tired of pressing my hair so she relaxed it. She is natural herself but I choose just to stay relaxed

Probably. I have gone natural before when I was like in the 5th or 6th grade before. I think natural hair is beautiful but for right now, I am happy.

I love the smoothness. It is also easier to achieve my ultimate hair style on relaxed hair.

Maybe/Maybe not.

Why/Why not?
If I did, it would be out of bordem. If I didn't then it would be because I didn't want to have to relearn how to deal with a different texture of hair.

Design Essentials was the last good one I used.

Porosity Control, Design Essentials shampoos, Aubrey Organics conditioners, Motions CPR, ORS Olive oil moisturizer, jane carter nourish and shine

Blessings...;)

This was fun

Lusa

Why are you relaxed?
Once I turned nine, my mum had my hair relaxed because my natural hair is unruly, thick and hard to imagine. Not to mention painful to comb and style. So, I have had relaxed hair as long as I can remember with a few chops here and there but it’s all I know, and I can’t imagine dealing with natural hair again. (Images of hot combs, and scabby burned ears are forever burned on my mind).

I intend to stay relaxed until further notice though I wouldn’t put it past me to get irritated with status quo and chop it all off, done it before!

I like flowing, silky strands especially after a visit to the salon.

Maybe if and when I get tired of being relaxed.

Why/Why not?

I would be interested to see how my natural hair is as an adult, and whether I can take the lessons I have learned and apply them to that hair type.

Design Essentials at the salon. I don’t self relax anymore, too stressful.

Home concocted deep conditioner, design essentials relaxer, CON shampoo. But overall it's a combination of products and new learned habits (stretching relaxers, etc)

B_Phlyy

Pineapple Eating Unicorn
Why are you relaxed?
Um, I'm half natural half relaxed right now, but I plan on relaxing again because I like knowing exactly what's going on with my hair. My natural hair is sometimes too unpredictable to me

I know the good and bad as far as being relaxed or natural, so yeah, I'll still relax if I want to

I like the ease of day to day styling and maintenance.

Probably when I'm much older

Why/Why not?
Can my answer be "just cause"

I haven't had a relaxer in over 32 weeks, but my next one will be with Proclaim Mild

Pantene R & N Breakage Defense line, ORS Pak and Carrot Oil, Proclaim Natural 7 Oil and Kemi Oyl

Divine Inspiration

Here we go:
Why are you relaxed? I'm about 60% texlaxed, 40% natural right now, so I don't really consider myself relaxed or natural...but somewhere in between. I do plan to texlax again in the coming weeks though. The reason is because right now, considering my schedule, texlaxed hair is MUCH easier for me to maintain. Also, I don't have the time to give my hair the attention it needs to transition (not interested in short hair after a BC) and I need time to learn new styles etc because I'm challenged when it comes to that area.

So, I'm texlaxed now because it fits into my lifestyle. I can poo/DC once a week and maintain my thick, healthy, past BSL hair. I don't need heat...I workout every other day and my hair doesn't get unruly or poofy...I don't run from the rain...I just like the ease of my hair right now.

Will you stay relaxed even though you have read many threads/posts about what members say about being natural? For now, yes. Other ladies are doing what works for them, and I have to do what works for me. As much as I LOVE looking at all the beautiful natural hair here, I know that it comes with a price and for me, that price is time, energy, and experimentation...I don't have time for that at this stage in my life. Seeing the fotkis is VERY tempting though, but again, I have to look at the bigger picture and for me, being texlaxed is great right now. Interestingly enough, I agree with many of the naturals about their hair and their philosophies, but many of those things won't apply to me until later based on my career and lifestyle.

What is it about relaxed hair that you like/love/adore? The EASE & versatility!!! Detangling is not an hour long ordeal with my texlaxed hair, and I can do SO much with it. If I was a coily, kinky look, I can let it airdry and just put gel on it or if I want a sleek, straight look, I can rollerset or flatiron. If I want waves and curls, I can do bantu knots...the list goes on. I find my texlaxed hair more versatile than my relaxed hair or my natural hair...so right now, it works. i'm having fun with it.

Will you ever go natural? Yes, I have full intentions of going natural later in my life. I'm not militant about being relaxed or natural...I may be natural for a few years and decide to be texlaxed then relaxed then natural again...styles only have to be permanent if we make them that way. Our hair is always GROWING! So, yes, I'll certainly be 100% natural at some point in my life...probably in the next 5-10 years. And after doing so, I may decide to stay natural forever...but it'll be just fine if I decide to texlax again. I doubt I'll ever go back to being relaxed bone straight.

Why/Why not? Because I think EVERY woman should experience her natural hair at some point in her adult life. Considering the implications of black women and relaxed hair, I think it's important that black women reach a certain level of accpetance and understanding of their natural hair. It took me going over a year without a relaxer to get to this point, and for others, it may take longer. However, I'm glad I did it...I have a new appreciation for my natural hair, and I have a better understanding of how to care for my hair in an altered state as a result. After being without a relaxer for so long, I realized how many intricacies my hair has and that portions of it are 3c while others are 4a...I love it all, and it really has a lot of character. I genuinely like my natural hair and can't wait to be at a place where I can spend a lot of time exploring and learning new techniques and styles for it. I've already done the mental work of transitioning (which was no walk in the park) so later on, I can jump into transitioning to natural without all the agony of whether I'll look right or what people will say, etc. I'm over all of that, and I've experienced the comments and confusion as a result of the past year. It's taught me a lot about myself and my self-perception and WHY I've done the things I've done so I'm at a new place of acceptance of my hair and I'm excited about what the future holds.

What relaxer do you use now? The last one I had was Motions Lye(HORRIBLE), but I'm planning to use Vitale Mo Body this go 'round.

What are the best products that you use on your relaxed hair that sets it apart from all the rest? Nexxus has been very good to me since the beginning of my hair journey. It'll always hold a special place in my heart and my cabinet. J/A/S/O/N is another line that I've grown really fond of over the past couple of years. And I like Aubrey's conditioners and Giovanni's leave-ins. I really like ORS Replenishing Paks and Joico K-Packs Daily Conditioner for Damaged Hair. I have a host of styling products and leave-ins I like as well. So, I play and tinker with various things, but I don't stray too far from Nexxus because it was responsible for turning my hair around when I started my hair journey.

N7W, this is a GREAT thread. Thank you so much for starting it. I enjoyed the responses in the other thread, and I look forward to reading the responses in this thread. :up:

foxy kc

Please share:

Why are you relaxed? I've been relaxed since I was 4yrs old....my mom didn't want to have to "deal" with natural hair

Will you stay relaxed even though you have read many threads/posts about what members say about being natural? Yes, being relaxed is what I like and what works for me so I'll stick with it.

What is it about relaxed hair that you like/love/adore? I love the styling ease and the swang. I love the smoothness of relaxed hair and I feel a bit unkempt if I have too much newgrowth

Will you ever go natural? Probably when I am much older around 70 or 80

Why/Why not? Around that age I don't think I will be interested in putting in the effort of applying relaxers etc.

What relaxer do you use now? Soft n Beautiful or Gentle Treatment....which ever is available at the time.

What are the best products that you use on your relaxed hair that sets it apart from all the rest? I love Motions Silk Protein Conditioner, also any conditioner mixed with Porosity Control

Nice & Wavy

These answers from u ladies are awesome....wow, thank u for all your responses. You were very detailed about how u feel about being relaxed or texlaxed and I'm sure many people will find your answers interesting and will understand a little more about why u r relaxed or texlaxed.

I know there r more of u relaxed/texlaxed ladies out there...please resond....thanks!

nelli711

Please share:

Why are you relaxed?
I'm relaxed because my aunt thought it was best way to tame my 4a/b hair. Right now, I guess I will consider my hair texlaxed because just about all of my relaxers have come out slightly underprocessed.

Will you stay relaxed even though you have read many threads/posts about what members say about being natural?Yes, for now I will stay relaxed.

What is it about relaxed hair that you like/love/adore?Even though my hair isn't bone straight, I like straight hair! Detangling is a breeze! I also love swingy hair!

Will you ever go natural?I do plan on going natural in the future.

Why/Why not?I've always wanted to know my real texture is without a relaxer and I've always thought that I had "bad" hair before I came on the boards, now looking at all these beautiful naturals on this board made me realize that my natural texture is beautiful!

What relaxer do you use now?Right now, I don't have a staple relaxer. My recent one was ORS, before that I used to use Just For Me

What are the best products that you use on your relaxed hair that sets it apart from all the rest?Keracare Detangling Shampoo, Aveda DR Set, Mastercuts C-Pak, Regis Line Olive Oil Masque, Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Creme and the Emollient Gloss, Aubreys Organics Conditioners

CAPlush

Why are you relaxed? Convenience

Will you stay relaxed even though you have read many threads/posts about what members say about being natural? Yes.

What is it about relaxed hair that you like/love/adore? I don't love or adore anything about relaxed hair, but I like the fact that it is easy to wear conventional styles, ie buns, rollersets, etc. I cannot achieve these styles with my natural hair. If I could, I would have stayed natural.

Will you ever go natural? Yes, I have in the past and I will in the future.

Why/Why not? I think over exposure to chemicals causes problems, if it causes me problems in the future I will stop relaxing. Also, after a certain age it seems like I won't want to be bothered, I will probably get a light press, put on my hat, and head down to the church.

What relaxer do you use now? ORS Lye

What are the best products that you use on your relaxed hair that sets it apart from all the rest? Motions Products are really good, but I use so much stuff it's hard to put my finger on one thing. I think the technique of detangling hair in running water is ultimately make my hair thicker longer and healthier than it otherwise would be.

JustKiya

This is a great thread!! It's so good to see inside the heads of the ladies who relax, and see all the varied reasons for doing so!

chayil0427

Why are you relaxed? I love the look and feel of relaxed hair. And the versatility.

Will you stay relaxed even though you have read many threads/posts about what members say about being natural? I've been natural and it was cool but I love being relaxed.

What is it about relaxed hair that you like/love/adore? Versitililty

Will you ever go natural? I was natural before, but I missed my relaxed hair.

Why/Why not? I really like the versatility of relaxed hair and I just love running my hands through it. I don't think I'll go natural again.

What relaxer do you use now? Vitale Pro Comfort Zone and Vitale Sensitive Scalp

What are the best products that you use on your relaxed hair that sets it apart from all the rest? Castor Oil and Nexxus FOR LIFE!!!

Chayil

newflowers

Nice & Wavy said:

Please share:

Why are you relaxed?
I have been relaxed for so many years. I like to ease of being able to style my hair when I choose to do so. For me, it's easier to care for than dealing with the inches of new growth that wants to stick up in the air.

I believe so, yes. Sometimes I think about the potential negative affects of the chemicals, but right now and into the foreseeable future, I'm willing to risk it. I prefer the relaxed look, and will continue to relax until that changes.

The look and ease of styling

Probably not.

Why/Why not?
To be honest, I do not want to, I prefer the look of relaxed hair.

Phyto Specific Index I

Though I am going to try a few new products that I've learned about here, I have had great success with Phyto products specifically using Phytoneutre shampoo, Phytojoba conditioner, and Phyto7 leave in mixed with a drop or two of camellia oil.

Blessings...;)

Interesting read - thanks for making such a good topic.

Why are you relaxed?

I am relaxed b/c this is what I like.

Yes, no question.

The flowing strands. The ease of styles. A sleek simple ponytail.

No.

Why/Why not?

Personally, it's not what I like for me. Natural is not for everyone.

I have used Herbal Motions in the past but am currently on ORS Olive Oil.

Cholesterol and olive oil

la flaca

Why are you relaxed? In the first place 'cause is easy and fast and over all becasue that was all I knew, in my other country:p (DR) you have "good hair" or you relax it. It was hard because all my brothers have hair to dye for.....Now, I know better;)

Will you stay relaxed even though you have read many threads/posts about what members say about being natural? I could stay relaxed but I've always dreamed about my real hair - I love curls

What is it about relaxed hair that you like/love/adore? I love that I know by heart how to and what to do to my hair in a couple of minutes (15 years doing it:( )

Will you ever go natural? Now that I found you guys, yes

Why/Why not? because I will do my best learning from the natural ladies here how to work with my real hair and wont feel lost again - Thanks ladies

What relaxer do you use now? Mazani for fine hair

What are the best products that you use on your relaxed hair that sets it apart from all the rest? I am not sure here - Dominican deep conditioners, nexxus,sebastian - castor/rosemary oil are things I can not live without

Last edited:

Naphy

Why are you relaxed?

Great question ! Maybe because my mother, my sister and my friend were relaxed...
But the main reason was to increase the manageability of my hair. To hard to deal with... Also, I liked the straight look.

I'm not going to transition right now

I said I like the straight look ^^

When I will achieve my goal, perhaps (but far far in the future)

Why/Why not?

Because If I can take care properly of relaxed hair, I think there will be no problem with my natural hair.

ORS olive oil - normal relaxer

ORS replenishing pak, Elasta QP conditionner, Vitahair Moisturizer

Divine Inspiration

nappywomyn said:
This is a great thread!! It's so good to see inside the heads of the ladies who relax, and see all the varied reasons for doing so!

You know what, it's nice to see you in this thread. I was kind of disappointed with the low ratings this thread got versus the natural for life thread, but the responses have been interesting nonetheless. I suspect that most of the militant naturals think they have the relaxed/texlaxed heads all figured out, but I think this thread may reveal that that's not so.

Anyway, thank you for your response even though I didn't start this thread.

Nice & Wavy

Divine Inspiration said:
You know what, it's nice to see you in this thread. I was kind of disappointed with the low ratings this thread got versus the natural for life thread, but the responses have been interesting nonetheless. I suspect that most of the militant naturals think they have the relaxed/texlaxed heads all figured out, but I think this thread may reveal that that's not so.

Anyway, thank you for your response even though I didn't start this thread.

Thanks, Divine...I started this thread because I'm still not sure what I want to do, and to hear from you ladies about how you feel about being either relaxed or texlaxed, that maybe it would give me an idea about what to do. I appreciate all of the responses. Militant naturals, huh? That's funny.....:lol: .

I think that they are happy and content now in their natural state and that's ok. Being a 100% natural head has gotten me thinking alot about what I really want for myself (as far as beauty) as I'm getting older.

Being in my 40's has changed my way of thinking about alot of things and especially how I look. The other thing is that I don't like a whole lot of fuss...I like to get up and go without too much work so, that is one of the reasons why I'm contemplating semi-relaxing. From reading your posts here though, I'm really thinking about texlaxing my hair as oppose to making it straight. I like the idea of wearing it curly and straight without the fuss.

Well, hopefully there will be more responses to this thread.

Nice & Wavy

nappywomyn said:

Thank you for your response! You are so appreciated!

Blessings!

Divine Inspiration

Nice & Wavy said:
Thanks, Divine...I started this thread because I'm still not sure what I want to do, and to hear from you ladies about how you feel about being either relaxed or texlaxed, that maybe it would give me an idea about what to do. I appreciate all of the responses. Militant naturals, huh? That's funny.....:lol: .

I think that they are happy and content now in their natural state and that's ok. Being a 100% natural head has gotten me thinking alot about what I really want for myself (as far as beauty) as I'm getting older.

Being in my 40's has changed my way of thinking about alot of things and especially how I look. The other thing is that I don't like a whole lot of fuss...I like to get up and go without too much work so, that is one of the reasons why I'm contemplating semi-relaxing. From reading your posts here though, I'm really thinking about texlaxing my hair as oppose to making it straight. I like the idea of wearing it curly and straight without the fuss.

Well, hopefully there will be more responses to this thread.

Yeah...I like, no love, the naturals who embrace their natural hair and still allow others to make their own choices about what's right for them. Yes, for some relaxed heads, there are issues of self-hate, etc, but for some of us, we've removed the kinks from our minds before removing them from our hair. :)

You make an interesting point about speed. I REALLY don't like to spend time on my hair in the morning...I may do a little extra at night, but I just don't have the time or energy to really fuss with my hair daily. I make time to shampoo/DC it 1-2 times each week to keep it in good shape, but I just can't be bothered during the week. I actually like curly, kinky, big hair on occasion, and being relaxed was robbing me of that. I also like sleek, straight looks (not flat) as well and being relaxed gave me that but my hair was so limp. I wanted to have options but maintain the thickness and health of my hair. I was already stretching but relaxing was still leaving me limp. Being texlaxed is the PERFECT balance between having textured, interesting hair, and smooth, polished looks at the drop of a hat. Whichever look I choose on wash day will remain through rain, workouts, sleeping, etc, and I like it that way...and styles have taken less time & product to achieve.

BTW, Sareca is a great example of being able to flip flop...her wash & go's are niiiiiiice.

psalfer

Please share:

Why are you relaxed? I am relaxed because I would soon tire of mainting my hair in it's natural state. My natural texture is small loose waves/curls, but it is also midback length which means more work to keep it managed. I've worn it natural, but I would have to wash it every other day to keep the frizzies down. Air drying would take a couple of hours, so this was a routine I could only do in the evening, and seriously who wants to do all that after work. And combing it out before a wash would pull out strands and break my hair. With a relaxer, I wash/condition, blowdry, skip the flat iron except for bumping the ends and wrap every night. I only have to wash my hair 1xweek. Less overall manipulation of my hair.

Will you stay relaxed even though you have read many threads/posts about what members say about being natural? Yes. I've tried both, and I like my hair relaxed.

What is it about relaxed hair that you like/love/adore? I enjoy the ease of maintenance of my relaxed hair. I do my own hair and my fiance trims my ends. The only time my stylist sees me is when I need a relaxer.

Will you ever go natural? Why/Why not? It would take about 3 years to grow all my hair out natural. I don't look forward to puffy newgrowth around my hairline and then a line of demarcation where my natural hair ends and my relaxed hair starts. It was time consuming to maintain my natural hair. It wasn't wash n'go for me.

What relaxer do you use now? Affirm

What are the best products that you use on your relaxed hair that sets it apart from all the rest? I'm too cheap to be a PJ so I haven't tried a lot. My hair has always been mid back length just using Pantene and Africa's Best hair oil. I'm trying to take better care of my hair, so I'm trying out some Keracare stuff.

audacity.

Why are you relaxed? my hair is THICK even with a relaxer. the texture of my natural hair is manageable. i only relax 2-3 times per year

Will you stay relaxed even though you have read many threads/posts about what members say about being natural? YES

What is it about relaxed hair that you like/love/adore? i love my hair to flow and swing when i turn my head :) . but i do like the versatility that i imagine that i would have with natural hair. i will not relax my daughters' hair. i put my oldest's in an afro ponytail this morning for school and her hair was ROCKIN! i wish i could wear mine like that...but like i said it is too THICK to even think about it. not only would i not want to deal with it, but i wouldn't even be able to pay someone to deal with it!

Will you ever go natural? nope

Why/Why not? my hair is too THICK

What relaxer do you use now? i don't know (is that bad?) whatever my stylist uses...:perplexed

What are the best products that you use on your relaxed hair that sets it apart from all the rest? i don't think that i use any different products on my hair that a woman with natural hair would use...olive oil, isoplus oil sheen, i love the panten r/n line, coconut oil grease, aphogee, mayonaise & eggs...

Aubergold

Nice & Wavy said:
Please share:

Why are you relaxed?
I was natural for about 2 years. I alternated between extensions and wearing my own hair out. I relaxed b/c I have 4b fine stranded hair that knots up a storm. And the shrinkage is out of this world. I made my final decision when I washed my hair one day and literally spent 20 minutes on ONE knot in my hair. It was late I was tired and I remember just ripping several knots out. I realized that I could not retain length that way. I really agonized over my desicion b/c being natural was such a big step for me. I went natural b/c I simply could not understand how the hair that God gave me could be so ugly that I couldn't wear it out. I felt bamboozled and infuriated that I let "society" dictate what could be pretty on me and what couldn't. I felt weak and foolish.
BUT it turns out in addition to styling problems, my mind wasn't ready to go natural. I am very insecure about other aspects of my physical beauty that I mentally wasn't ready to deal with being natural and it's implications. Being a dark-skinned natural just wasn't something I could deal with and I would often cry about it. In a sense I kind of wanted to work on one part of my self esteem before working on the other parts. Does this make sense?

I will stay texlaxed for at least the next 10 years. I definitely will not be in my coffin with the creamy crack on my head. I will take my behind into heaven (hopefully, lol) the same way I came out, I hope.

FEWER KNOTS YAY!! I like that my hair can get straight and bouncy with just a roller set. I don't have to use as much product on my hair cause it's less dense than it was natural = money savings! I don't have to plan my schedule around my hair as much. it's so much easier to detangle and takes less time.
AFter seeing the lovely heads on this boards, I also want to stay relaxed to prove something to myself and others that girls like me can have long hair too. I also love being textlaxed b/c I still have lots of texture.

YUP

Why/Why not?
going back to my maker the way he sent me down, lol
Also, if I have a daughter, it will be easier and resound greater if mommy tells her to love her hair and mommy's hair looks like hers. I really don't want her to feel like relaxing is her only choice and she'll be rettier" with one. I don't know how I will do this seeing that I have image issues with my ownnatural hair too but it is something I plan on praying adamantly about and hope I get over it by the time her hair becomes a "topic".

Silk elements lye mild, I like it b/c it underprocesses

Dominican products, Lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol, porosity control, ORS carrot oil,

Blessings...

I hope that helps!

Incredible1ne

Good thread :) It's interesting how some people say they look at albums with women with natural hair and like it but don't think it's for them. That's the way I feel about relaxed hair. It's good that we all can appreciate the beauty of healthy hair, whether it's natural or relaxed.

blackbarbie

Nice & Wavy said:

Please share:

Why are you relaxed? I didn't think I had a choice when I got ready to go to college. That was 19 years ago and my mom had been straightening my hair up until that point. (flat irons weren't "in" then:lol: ) Just didn't think I would be able to find a stylist that would straighten my hair with a pressing comb every week. (my mom is STILL natural and STILL presses her hair with a pressing comb)

Will you stay relaxed even though you have read many threads/posts about what members say about being natural? I would like to eventually transition b/c I am familiar with my natural curl pattern and like it but just never knew how to manage it. As long as LHCF stays around, I can keep soaking up knowledge for when I make that leap one day.

What is it about relaxed hair that you like/love/adore? I like the fact that I can have flowing hair that blows in the wind and also the fact that relaxed hair is very predictable.

Will you ever go natural? I really think I will eventually do it. I have been seriously thinking about it.

Why/Why not? I have more knowledge and information on how to manage/tame my natural hair. Besides, can't see myself trying to get to the beauty shop for a perm at 70, 80, or 90:lol: I just hope to be sitting in my rocking chair with my long single natural braid in my lap:) .

What relaxer do you use now? Essations

What are the best products that you use on your relaxed hair that sets it apart from all the rest? I don't know whether the products I use are necessarily the "best", but as long as I have a good deep conditioner, (any brand), daily moisturizer, and sealer, I am good and my hair is glad.

Blessings...;)

Very good thread Nice and Wavy. Hope you can get some insight from the ladies that will help you make a good decision for you. I need to go and read that "R U Natural 4 Life" thread to get some more insight about going natural......

BB