Natural Sisters Please Help Me Settle A Bet

I'd say 3c with a little 4a. I thought type 4 hair was kinky/nappy (even if it's 4a) and type 3 hair was not kinky but curly. That's how I make the distinction

testimony777 said:
I think she's a 4a, but this typing system is so weak when it comes to classifying afro textured hair whether you are a 3 something or a 4 something.

cosigning!

Yeah, those pics of her with her hair just wet say a 3c/4a.... the curls look too defined and too thick to be a 4b...

Man, after seeing her hair, I wanna go natural:cool:

According to Andre Walker, if your hair falls into the Type 4 category, then it is kinky, or very tightly curled. Generally, Type 4 hair is very wiry, very tightly coiled and very fragile. Similar to Type 3 hair, Type 4 hair appears to be coarse, but it is actually quite fine, with lots and lots of these strands densely packed together. Type 4 hair that is healthy won't shine, but it will have sheen. It will be soft to the touch and will pass the strand test with ease. It will feel more silky than it will look shiny. Oprah is a Type 4. Type 4 hairs looks tough and durable, but looks can be deceiving. If you have Type 4 hair, you already know that it is the most fragile hair around. There are two subtypes of Type 4 hair: Type 4A, tightly coiled hair that, when stretched, has an "S" pattern, much like curly hair; and Type 4B, which has a "Z" pattern, less of a defined curl pattern (instead of curling or coiling, the hair bends in sharp angles like the letter "Z"). Type 4A tends to have more moisture than Type 4B, which will have a wiry texture

So with that said :lol: I stick firmly to my 4a decision....

She is predominately 4a with some sprinklings of 3c (mainly in the front) but then again the looseness in the front could be attributed to the weight of the hair as it grows in length. These hairtypes, I swear are so confusing which is why I don't bother.

Back