Natural,Texturized heads How do you preserve your flat ironed hair?

angelita842002

I am going to orlando for a week this friday and so I dont have to pack a crap load of produtcs I am going to flat iron my hair. So i was wondering what kind of moisturizers, serums, or oils do you guys use on your hair to keep it straight so it doesnt revert all the way I dont mind it to be a little wavy. Also your bedtime regimine with your hair. Thanks

Radianthealth

Aveda Anti humectant pomade. This smells like coconut oil, it is anti humectant in that it does not allow moisture to penetrate the strands. This should be helpful in avoiding frizziness.

I am texlaxed and when I flat ironed I used it, it worked well, I just have to use a little less next time. My hair ended up being too greasy:ohwell:

moda

When I went to Orland last year my flat ironed hair reverted almost immediately, good luck. I have heard great things about the Aveda product, but never tried it.

lana

I love Redken in the dark gold bottle. It really works to keep the hair straight and the Redken heat glide is the best. It's non greasy. I just bought the entire line from Ulta. Before this I used Paul Mitchell Straight Silky (or whatever) and it worked, but not as good as Redken. Plus this smells better and my hair doesn't revert like it did with PM.

An anti-humectant spray (as mentioned above) should really help too. I'm a 4a natural who flatirons with my Maxiglide.

angelita842002

The weather should be cool enough for my hair. This is the time of year when I can wear my hair out and straight. My hair doesnt revert that quicly unless it gets wet. I will have to try and anti humectant of some kind. But will this leave the hair dry?