Natural to Relaxed and back to Natural

peanutbutter8204

Ok Ladies I really need some help on this. I recently permed my hair after a year of being Natural. I thought this was what I wanted but now I have cut all the damaged ends into a bob cut and I am attempting to transition back to Natural. Crazy I know. I am experiencing a lot of breakage in the back of my head. I believe it's due to the different textures as well as the color that has weakened my hair. I use protein and moisture conditioners and I have started using the Amla/Shakaiki Powder. here's a list of the products i use::wallbash:

I would like to keep transitioning for the next year, so any suggestions to cut down on breakage. It appears as its 10-15 stands when I comb/wash hair.

1.Kera Care Humecto Conditioner
2. Motions Silk Protein Conditioner
3.Kera Care Moisturizing Shampoo
4.Boundless Tresses Mixture(just started 3 days ago) BT mixed with peppermint and vitamin E oil.
5.Kid Organics Shea Lotion
6.Pantene Pro V Relaxed and Natural Oil Creme Moisturizer

I have more but these are the main products that I am using.

Last edited:

danigurl18

sry I meant deep condition.. I'll use the Aphogee 2 Minute Treatment and then follow that with a good moisturizing conditioner... then like a couple of days later i'll use NTM Recovery Mask and it feels like soft and the NG is under control.

ichephren

DC=Deep Condition. Breakage might be cause by too much heat, too much pulling on hair with little elasticity, or overprocessing. If you have breakage, you need protein plus conditioner in high doses. I would get a stronger protein than motions or the 2min treatment. Do a search for good medium to strong proteins. My favs are joico k-pak, duo tex, and emergencee. I used to like keraphix until they changed the formula. Each are good for different issues. Keratin is good for heat damage while collagen is good for issues with elasticity.
For strong moisture, I suggest you get some l'oreal mega moisture from sally beauty supply. It will instantly fix your moisture issue. Another good DC is Miss Key's 10 en 1, but it's usually not available locally unless you're near dominican supply stores. Good luck!!!

FeelinIt

Ok Ladies I really need some help on this. I recently permed my hair after a year of being Natural. I thought this was what I wanted but now I have cut all the damaged ends into a bob cut and I am attempting to transition back to Natural. Crazy I know. I am experiencing a lot of breakage in the back of my head. I believe it's due to the different textures as well as the color that has weakened my hair. I use protein and moisture conditioners and I have started using the Amla/Shakaiki Powder. here's a list of the products i use::wallbash:

I would like to keep transitioning for the next year, so any suggestions to cut down on breakage. It appears as its 10-15 stands when I comb/wash hair.

1.Kera Care Humecto Conditioner
2. Motions Silk Protein Conditioner
3.Kera Care Moisturizing Shampoo
4.Boundless Tresses Mixture(just started 3 days ago) BT mixed with peppermint and vitamin E oil.
5.Kid Organics Shea Lotion
6.Pantene Pro V Relaxed and Natural Oil Creme Moisturizer

I have more but these are the main products that I am using.

Girl please that ain't crazy. I've been bouncing back and forth from natural to permed since 97. I thought the permed hair was what I wanted too BUT I got bored again. I say as long as your hair is healthy change back and forth as many times as you'd like. I recently tex'ted BUT you would never know it.

I would completely cut everything off because it makes the haircare process so difficult.