Natural Who Straighten Your Hair All the Time

Country gal

How do you keep it straight especially during humid times of the year? I wonder if your hair has just reverted to a straighter texture. My cousin has natural hair that she presses all the time. It seems in the summer time her hair doesn't frizz.

ladylibra

^^^must be nice for her, my RELAXED hair reverted in humidity even though i used heat on it RELIGIOUSLY :lachen:

have you seen that Sabino MB thread? hearing a lot of good things about it so far... :yep:

sunshinebeautiful

I'm not natural, but have you tried Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade? I flat-iron my hair (texlaxed) and use some as a finishing product. My hair is still sleek - well, minus my roots, which seem to eventually revert no matter what I do. :rolleyes:

Ericka

No matter what I do and what products I use my hair ALWAYS revert in humid weather. There's no stopping it. During humid weather I try not to fight with the humidity and join it by wearing my hair in its natural state, which is a ponytail puff.

amara11

I'm copying my response to someone else's thread :eek:

Originally Posted by amara11
I know this sounds super crazy, but I wear a Bonnet outside if there is one DROP of moisture in the air. My friends get a kick out of it, but ppl are ALWAYS asking me how I hold my presses for so long.

Wait a min though--I don't just walk around all day with a bonnet looking crazy. :lachen:I only wear it when I'm outside (which is not much, I spend most of my day indoors). I'll wear a hoodie, or if it's colder a jacket and keep the hood on (over the bonnet) until I'm inside. Then once I'm inside I pull the bonnet off when I'm taking off the hood. Voila. The thing that messes up my flat irons/presses the MOST is really humidity. BUt the bonnet takes care of that beautifully!
At night, I prefer just gathering my hair together and putting a bonnet on rather than wrapping it. I find that wrapping takes out my curls and sometimes body. If i just sleep with a satin bonnet I can fluff out in the morning, and the curls/bounce/body are all still there :yep: Just love my bonnet!

HTH
amara11

Seems Extreme, I know but hey it works for me!

brownsugarflyygirl

I'm copying my response to someone else's thread :eek:

Originally Posted by amara11
I know this sounds super crazy, but I wear a Bonnet outside if there is one DROP of moisture in the air. My friends get a kick out of it, but ppl are ALWAYS asking me how I hold my presses for so long.

Wait a min though--I don't just walk around all day with a bonnet looking crazy. :lachen:I only wear it when I'm outside (which is not much, I spend most of my day indoors). I'll wear a hoodie, or if it's colder a jacket and keep the hood on (over the bonnet) until I'm inside. Then once I'm inside I pull the bonnet off when I'm taking off the hood. Voila. The thing that messes up my flat irons/presses the MOST is really humidity. BUt the bonnet takes care of that beautifully!
At night, I prefer just gathering my hair together and putting a bonnet on rather than wrapping it. I find that wrapping takes out my curls and sometimes body. If i just sleep with a satin bonnet I can fluff out in the morning, and the curls/bounce/body are all still there :yep: Just love my bonnet!

HTH
amara11

Seems Extreme, I know but hey it works for me!

I DO THIS TOO!!! I keep my black satin bonnet with me at all times...I dont play that!!! If its raining, Ill use my umbrella AND my bonnet. My sister laughs at me...but my presses last THREE weeks.

lilsparkle825

definitely check out the sabino thread...there is a link in there for free samples and they ship really fast. i got mine in about 4 days.

glamazon386

You have to use some type of anti humectant product. When I used curl wax on my hair it stayed straight in 80 degree weather. But it got dirty faster so I stopped doing it.

luckiestdestiny

definitely check out the sabino thread...there is a link in there for free samples and they ship really fast. i got mine in about 4 days.

Agreed. This is my hair from using the sabino on different days. It looks like it's relaxed and I'm 3c, 4a (mostly). By the way I'm 100% Natural. It lasted through the rain and everything. Of course I was under an umbrella but you know little sprays hit you anyways, and the humidity alone can kill. It rained all weekend and I still looked good. Plus I used OCT/Megetek mix on my scalp daily and normally I'd be a puff ball by the next day. I only press and wash once a week and the hair does not revert with the Sabino. You've got to concentrate more near the root and at the tips, and then I brush through to distribute with my denman. I'd read the whole thread cause there's lots of tips in there from other people who use it. That stuff is the definite truth! I forgot to add that because I took a pic with my pic phone it wasn't the best and you couldn't see the shine. Oh the shine is like...bling!:notworthy:Flahsssss

Attachments

• sabino moisture pic.JPG
    sabino moisture pic.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 44
  • moisture block 3.JPG
    moisture block 3.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
C

cieramichele

I used to wear by bonnet outside until I got control of my hair.

For those who flat iron, moisture block is a must.

hairspan

i usually keep my hair wrapped as much of da day as possible & otha tymes of da day, try my best 2 keep from sweating & definitly not exercising!!

momi

It all has to do with the moisture level in your hair...the only time my hair reverts is when I go for a morning run and do not wrap my hair up all the way. Other than that I laugh at the rain.

I do not do a hard press - only a really good blow dry and flat-iron. The key is the steamer - without a doubt.

BmoreCoco

The only stuff that has worked for me was Matrix's sleek look iron smoother. You use it before you use heat to straighten it (blow dry or in my case flat iron) I use it each time i flat iron my hair. Last August i was in my friends wedding in New Orleans and it managed to stay straight for wedding and reception (even tho i was doing my thing on the dance floor lol, i put it up after wards tho before we hit up bourbon street).

discobiscuits

my hair does not revert. i don't think that it is any product that i use just my hair i guess. i got the Sabino samples but now that they are used up i don't have a desire to buy the product anymore since i don't have a real reversion problem.