naturals, do you ever WET your HAIR while STRAIGHT to get a looser curl?

kurlybella

when i want that tight look i just get that after washing and letting my hair soak up every ounce of water it can.

but sometimes i want a longer curl and with my 4a/b hair, i can get that the FASTEST and EASIEST way by wetting my hair straight hair, after i'm tired of a straight look, with a spray bottle and scrunching it to get a looser curl. when i can control the water absortion i can control my kinks and curls too! :grin:

anyone else do this?

zzirvingj

I'm gonna try this when I'm down to the last 1 or 2 days of wearing my hair pressed this time.

Right now it's only been pressed for a couple of days so it'll probably be another week before I try it. I tried it once right before officially washing out my last press, and it looked good :yep:

I think I used a spray bottle to wet, and then "scrunched" it and got big curls/waves...

Nonie

No, but I have accidentally worn a braid-out on pressed hair (forgot my comb :grin: ) and gotten a wavy look.

BostonMaria

I tried this and my hair reverted completly and I had short curls again LOL Except this time with more frizz! It was a lovely thang.... :nono:
:lachen:

Mind you, I wet the brush and just barely touched my hair with it.

JustKiya

Hahahahahahahaha.

Urm, no.

My hair has two settings - stretched, and unstretched. Any contact with water causes my hair to shrink to it's lowest common denominator.

That would be cool if I could do it though - if I could get my conditioner coated curls without goop on my hair while dry - shoot, I might actually wear my hair out more! :lol:

fuchsiastar

I notice this with my pre-poo after a press, but never thought about wearing it out. I just play with the spirals and KIM to the sink after a few hours.

Southernbella.

when i want that tight look i just get that after washing and letting my hair soak up every ounce of water it can.

but sometimes i want a longer curl and with my 4a/b hair, i can get that the FASTEST and EASIEST way by wetting my hair straight hair, after i'm tired of a straight look, with a spray bottle and scrunching it to get a looser curl. when i can control the water absortion i can control my kinks and curls too! :grin:

anyone else do this?

Yep, I do this too!

I'll straighten, wear it straight for a week or so, then spritz it for a loose curl look. When I'm sick of that, I usually do twists (which are then longer since my hair isn't shrunken). Then, I'll take those down and wear a twistout. I get 4 styles out of one cycle without having to wash and detangle.:grin:

glamazon386

No but I do apply gel to stretched hair to get a stretched wash and go. It takes my hair a while to absorb water and revert.

amara11

I've always thought about it but I've never actually done it. I think I will the next time I straighten (which should be soon).

I also want to try a braidout/twistout on blow dried hair (with the ends curled with rollers) for a 'big' hair effect.

but I'm all talk and no show. So lazy.

1QTPie

Elder Sim
No. Any serious water (or humidity) will make my hair revert completely. I don't have any in between.

tetbelle

This is an interesting idea. I will try it since my hair is straight right now and I was going to wash it. If it comes out good I will take some pics and post.

chocolate01

Interesting. I have never done it, never even thought about it. I may try it the next time I wash and see how successful I am.

BeautifulRoots

I never tried, or thought about doing this either. Good idea! I will definitely be trying it, especially when my press starts to wear.