Spinoff: Bone Straight Relaxers - Show your wet hair

MrsBKJ

Im relaxed I dont know how much but I would say its fairly straight. When wet it has plenty of curl though but dries straight. I would like it straighter and want an idea of how straight you ladies are relaxing your hair.
I saw a video on youtube recently about a wet hair wrap and the ladies hair didnt seem to have a slightest curl to it when wet.

Would you ladies be kind enough to share?
Thanks

Uzz

I don't really have much curl, but its not overproccessed or unhealthy.

100_0915.jpg

I really don't have a picture of my hair wet to post but I can tell you that when my hair is wet I have no curl or wave whatsoever. When I have a fresh perm it basically is flat to my head. I get more mileage out of my relaxers this way.

I really don't have a picture of my hair wet to post but I can tell you that when my hair is wet I have no curl or wave whatsoever. When I have a fresh perm it basically is flat to my head. I get more mileage out of my relaxers this way.

Hey ShiShi
Thanks for responding
So what do you do to your hair...after its washed conditioned etc? To get that sleek llok or do you pretty much leave it alone?
your hair is gorgeous btw!

Thanks

Uzz

your hair is very pretty, thank you for sharing, what relaxer do u use? How long do you use it for etc? How straight does it dry?
Thanks

Uzz

Thanks!

I have used Dudley Sensitive Scalp up to now. My stylist leaves it on including application for 20 minutes. When fresh, my hair dries straight with body, about four weeks in I usually continue to hair dry but in braids to make sure it stays straight without frizz.

Around 10 weeks I usually have to begin rollersetting to make sure everything comes out straight, blow out roots, and sawarn wrap to get the fresh from the salon look. I stretch for 12 weeks and I wash every five days, so I don't have to rollerset often.

My regimen is in the journal section of my fotki along with rollerset pictures in my relaxed album. Any other questions, let me know!

Thanks!

I have used Dudley Sensitive Scalp up to now. My stylist leaves it on including application for 20 minutes. When fresh, my hair dries straight with body, about four weeks in I usually continue to hair dry but in braids to make sure it stays straight without frizz.

Around 10 weeks I usually have to begin rollersetting to make sure everything comes out straight, blow out roots, and sawarn wrap to get the fresh from the salon look. I stretch for 12 weeks and I wash every five days, so I don't have to rollerset often.

My regimen is in the journal section of my fotki along with rollerset pictures in my relaxed album. Any other questions, let me know!
Great, Thank you for that...that actually answered a lot of my questions...if i have more...I shall find you!
Thank you again

Uzz

Hey ShiShi
Thanks for responding
So what do you do to your hair...after its washed conditioned etc? To get that sleek llok or do you pretty much leave it alone?
your hair is gorgeous btw!

Thanks

Uzz

Thanks!
I just rollerset it then wrap it at night. If I just wrap it I get that real flat look. I like a little bit of wave and volume.

Dec_PostWash.jpg

That's a pic of mine from my Fotki. My hair isnt bone straight relaxed, when dries, it dries pretty straight though, and I now have been airdrying my hair, and it's drying straight I believe from the products that I use. I then do a saran wrap and sit under the dryer for about 15-20 mins (on Low temp) and it comes out very straight (like a flat iron finish). If I want a curl to it, I'll pin curl it and call it a day. I alternate between this and roller setting. I will have to do some additional pampering for my roots as they come out more (new growth is closing in quickly! :look:). I'm about 4 weeks post right now.

Thanks!
I just rollerset it then wrap it at night. If I just wrap it I get that real flat look. I like a little bit of wave and volume.
you are welcome!
I need to learn to rollerset or in the very least wrap my hair...so i can get it straighter. Thanks for sharing.
Have a wonderful holiday.

That's a pic of mine from my Fotki. My hair isnt bone straight relaxed, when dries, it dries pretty straight though, and I now have been airdrying my hair, and it's drying straight I believe from the products that I use. I then do a saran wrap and sit under the dryer for about 15-20 mins (on Low temp) and it comes out very straight (like a flat iron finish). If I want a curl to it, I'll pin curl it and call it a day. I alternate between this and roller setting. I will have to do some additional pampering for my roots as they come out more (new growth is closing in quickly! :look:). I'm about 4 weeks post right now.

Oh wow your hair is very pretty! So what products are you using to get that straighter look?
Its that wrap again I gotta learn to do this...the hair in your siggy... is that with the saran wrap?
Thanks for sharing.

Have a great holiday also

Uzz

Im relaxed I dont know how much but I would say its fairly straight. When wet it has plenty of curl though but dries straight. I would like it straighter and want an idea of how straight you ladies are relaxing your hair.
I saw a video on youtube recently about a wet hair wrap and the ladies hair didnt seem to have a slightest curl to it when wet.

Would you ladies be kind enough to share?
Thanks

Uzz

I RachiQue,

I just washed my hair yesterday so I don't have any wet hair pictures. My hair is relaxed with Mizani mild in the front (where the highlights are) and Mizani regular in the back where my hair is still black.

My hair is far from bone straight when wet, but it's nowhere near as curly as it was (3b/3c). The blond highlighted hair still has a LOT of wave to it, more than I want but I'm too scared to get a corrective. I really like Mizani regular but even it left my hair with a slight wave. I'm thinking of trying Phyto but I'm scared it won't process my hair. :drunk:

I RachiQue,

I just washed my hair yesterday so I don't have any wet hair pictures. My hair is relaxed with Mizani mild in the front (where the highlights are) and Mizani regular in the back where my hair is still black.

My hair is far from bone straight when wet, but it's nowhere near as curly as it was (3b/3c). The blond highlighted hair still has a LOT of wave to it, more than I want but I'm too scared to get a corrective. I really like Mizani regular but even it left my hair with a slight wave. I'm thinking of trying Phyto but I'm scared it won't process my hair. :drunk:

OOHHH Im 3b/3c also...I phyto too and love it!
Your hair is gorgeous...I cant see the length fully though in your avatar...i just saw ure fotki!!! WOW!!!!!
I love the colours and the shine and the sleekness!!!
I wanna say you are my hair twin but your hair is waaaay too lovely!!!!
Wow...
Thank you for sharing your

OOHHH Im 3b/3c also...I phyto too and love it!
Your hair is gorgeous...I cant see the length fully though in your avatar...i just saw ure fotki!!! WOW!!!!!
I love the colours and the shine and the sleekness!!!
I wanna say you are my hair twin but your hair is waaaay too lovely!!!!
Wow...
Thank you for sharing your

Thank you. I do believe our natural textures are the same! I love your hair curly and straight! I do miss my black hair though :yep: I l*love* your long pretty black hair!

Is it possible to relax bone straight or about 95% straight with Phyto? Also, how does your hair do in humidity (since it's no-lye)? I REALLY want to try that relaxer!!

Thank you. I do believe our natural textures are the same! I love your hair curly and straight! I do miss my black hair though :yep: I l*love* your long pretty black hair!

Is it possible to relax bone straight or about 95% straight with Phyto? Also, how does your hair do in humidity (since it's no-lye)? I REALLY want to try that relaxer!!

Yup they are! Thank you!!
I am relaxed...um not sure how much I still have curl but I do have one section that I did relax super straight and it is very straight when wet so yes i believe that it is possible. It was a section that I smoothed and smoothed for a while with lots of relaxer on.
I cant really say about humidity because its never that humid here but when ive been in a steam room or the sauna it hasnt gone too wild. lol but i cant say for sure im afraid.
try it you might like it!

lol
Im posting you as my hair twin in mo's thread...lol

Uzz

I apply a leave in (lacio lacio), put it in 4 pony tails, and let it airdry. My NG is soft and straight by then. HTH

Attachments

• IMAGE_011.jpg
    IMAGE_011.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 40
wow thanks kelly that is straight...how long do you leave your relaxer in for and what do you use?
Thanks

Uzz

I usually use Phyto index 1 and when I can't get my hands on it I use SE mild. My hair is very fine so i try not to leave it in to long. BTW your hair is very pretty

I usually use Phyto index 1 and when I can't get my hands on it I use SE mild. My hair is very fine so i try not to leave it in to long. BTW your hair is very pretty

Thanks
Phyto i? and you get it so straight? Fess up whats your secret how do you do it?
lol
thanks

Uzz

Back