Naturals, do you have shedding and need protein treatments?

Kneechay

Hey ladies,
I'm natural and as I read the boards, I see women saying how they need protein treatments because their hair feels a certain way or even that their hair is shedding. I don't even really know if or more importantly when I should be getting protein treatments. Furthermore, I don't have shedding, or maybe I don't know I am, but I don't think I am. I wanted to know if those are issues usually experienced by those who are relaxed. If not, I'd like to know when and why I should give myself a treatment.

Irresistible

Hey ladies,
I'm natural and as I read the boards, I see women saying how they need protein treatments because their hair feels a certain way or even that their hair is shedding. I don't even really know if or more importantly when I should be getting protein treatments. Furthermore, I don't have shedding, or maybe I don't know I am, but I don't think I am. I wanted to know if those are issues usually experienced by those who are relaxed. If not, I'd like to know when and why I should give myself a treatment.
If you use heat styling you probably need protein

for me , I have found that as long as I stick with the milder proteins I can actually use them often and they are beneficial, such as silk, wheat, etc and I can even use them frequently with no issues

Collagen and Keratin I can use sparingly also with no issues

me-T

i need to know this too. while i'm relaxed now, i'm all protein sensitive, so once i'm natural, i'll end up doin protein treatments as often as i trim