Naturals, help me cheat!

ImFrotastic

So umm listen, I have entered into a hair competition :)lol: ) and one of the rules is a length check on straightened hair and I realllllllllly prefer to not flat iron. My question, what techniques have worked in getting your natural hair straight without the use of a flat iron?

I tried roller setting and it was a big poofy monstrosity. Would blow drying already dried hair get it straighter than blow drying wet hair? I'm running out of cheats here. TIA.

FYI: I am a thick haired 4b.

Bunning, twisting, banding, light blow drying... it all works. The trick is that getting natural hair straight without heat can take a few days. After a few days of oiling and twisting, you might be able to create a good roller set on dry or water spritzed hair.

I'm a newbie at straightened natural hair. But can you blow dry after you rollerset? Would that work?

I get chemical/thermally relaxed results whenever I do a curlformers set, :yep:
The curls fall in two or three days. Good luck!

I would say go with curlformers. The more curlformers you use the sleeker the result. Each time I do them now I get questions on if I relaxed my hair. I use the offbrand ones from ebay. Threading is another option but you'll have to do multiple days for it to get the effect you would want.

curlformers and a good sleekening setting lotion like lottabody. you will have to make the parts reeeaaaaallly small. Do not use anything with glycerin or even a leave in or a water based product with or after the setting lotion or it may revert and poof.

Back