Naturals-how do you maintain your wash and go style?

PhonyBaloney500

Hey Naturals!

For those that wash and go, 1- how many days a week do you wear it? and 2-how do you maintain it?

For me I feel that it looks OK the first day and the best on the second, so so on the third, and fourth is just pushing it!

Shatani

well, when im feeling lazy (which is quite often) i just spray with my leave in moisturizer throw on my snood and go to bed....its flat in the morning, but a quick run under the shower and its good as new....i will conditioner wash every couple of days....this is what i do with twists outs too...my hair REALLY holds a twistout, so i can abuse it....

when im feeling more motivated i will sit each night and separate and moisturize and braid it up in about 8-10 big relatively loose braids....then i can wet it in the morning without having to soak it and it'll be good as new....

i can keep that up for a week, before i get the itching in my fingers to do something to my hair....

PhonyBaloney500

When you braid it up is it FLAT when you try to fluff it out though? How do the sides look? :)

I just hate this whole WINTER thing...I really don't want to wet my hair in the morning and then go out into 30 degree weather. :-/

Shatani

well, when i braid it up it is relatively flat, but if i let the shower steam get into it and spray it with my leave in moisture mix, then unbraid and shake my head vigorously, then its not flat anymore....it all looks the same...im a headband girl, so i dont really notice if the sides look any different...

HTH!

Belle Du Jour

When I do a wash n go, I have to do it every morning for it to look right. I also tried twisting my hair the night before, undoing the twists in the AM, running water thorugh hair without manipulating it and shaking. My shake and go looks best when I do it like this. It makes the curls really pop.

darkflame213

Now that I have enough hair for a pony poof, I conditioner wash my hair at night then use jojoba oil to smooth the hair back into the pony poof. I cover with a scarf. The next morning, its dry and I spritz it w/h2o and fluff.

lavendarlover

I typically shampoo about twice a week. I forego conditioner, and then apply moisturizer, fingercomb, and style. At this point I absolutely do NOT use combs/picks of any kind EVER!! I finger pick and go, just to give the style a little shape. If I get bored, I may part hair down the middle or on the side (fingers only here !!) and add a barrette or maybe even wear a bra strap head band. Most of the time I DON'T wear adornmets, because I really feel that my hair is beautiful without them.

so1913

classimami713 said:
When I do a wash n go, I have to do it every morning for it to look right. I also tried twisting my hair the night before, undoing the twists in the AM, running water thorugh hair without manipulating it and shaking. My shake and go looks best when I do it like this. It makes the curls really pop.

I also have to do it every morning for it to look good.... sucks :-(

darkflame213

lavendarlover said:
I typically shampoo about twice a week. I forego conditioner, and then apply moisturizer, fingercomb, and style. At this point I absolutely do NOT use combs/picks of any kind EVER!! I finger pick and go, just to give the style a little shape. If I get bored, I may part hair down the middle or on the side (fingers only here !!) and add a barrette or maybe even wear a bra strap head band. Most of the time I DON'T wear adornmets, because I really feel that my hair is beautiful without them.

lavendarlover, how do you keep from getting tangles and knots? I prefer not to use a comb or pick, but if I don't, eventually have knots at the end of each strand and tangles of those knots all over my head.