Naturals: How do you wear your hair mostly?

Naturals: How do you wear your hair regularly???

• Total voters

Sui Topi

wng! I part it on the side and clip the side down and then fluff up the other side. ,y hair is short though. my shrinkage varies day to day but it generally shrinks to 1.5-2.5 inches.

Kneechay

I'm loving doing flat twist outs, they're so chic this season with big earrings. I Flat twist then roll the ends with perm rods and this is what I get.

Last edited:

Ms_Twana

I'm loving doing flat twist outs, they're so chic this season with big earrings. I Flat twist then roll the ends with perm rods and this is what I get.

Girl, your hair looks relaxer straight!!! Do you straighten it, or do you go to a salon???

momi

I love the flat twist look? Are you completely natural?

Kneechay

Girl, your hair looks relaxer straight!!! Do you straighten it, or do you go to a salon???

(and to Momi)

Yup, I am completely natural. Check my fotki. My mom said I never neded a relaxer. I have just learned how to flat iron my hair really really well with smoothing products and wrapping overnight. It works, but my flat irons last for a shorter time than when I did have a perm. These pics show the progress, but I now rarely straighten. Thanks for the compliments, but I've realized you don't need a relaxer to straighten.

Oh and I quit going to salons after a stylist cut my hair glued in tracks for thickness to my scalp for prom back in 2002 and it pulled out my hair. I've been doing my hair ever since, even though I ended up causing further damage to it, I have learned now to do better; because I know better.

Last edited:

momi

(and to Momi)

Yup, I am completely natural. Check my fotki. My mom said I never neded a relaxer. I have just learned how to flat iron my hair really really well with smoothing products and wrapping overnight. It works, but my flat irons last for a shorter time than when I did have a perm. These pics show the progress, but I now rarely straighten. Thanks for the compliments, but I've realized you don't need a relaxer to straighten.

Oh and I quit going to salons after a stylist cut my hair glued in tracks for thickness to my scalp for prom back in 2002 and it pulled out my hair. I've been doing my hair ever since, even though I ended up causing further damage to it, I have learned now to do better; because I know better.

Good to know - my stylist and I have discussed a flat twist out on my hair but she did not think it would turn out right. I am going to try it this week.

Thanks!

ImFree27

I get boerd easily so I switch it up every wash, this month I had it straight, pony tail, wigs, twists, curl formers, next wash I may do a roller set or braid out or flat twist out, depending on my mood..

NappFrizz83

NappFrizz, is that a twist and clip, or a tucked-under braid? Very tidy...pretty. :love:
i just twirled it up and put the clip through it..i'm too lazy to do anything else lol no twist/twistouts or braids/braidouts for me atleast not now because my hair is short

Kneechay

EXACTLY!! :yep: I've already hit her up for her straightening routine. :grin:

Aww thanks ladies, that means a lot to me. At times I feel badly about my hair because it was so bad in the past, and it's not where I want it now, but you gals make me feel so good. Thanks. Going natural was a lonely path at the time, in which everyone seemed so against it and offered their opinion, so I straightened often, not really wanting to or knowing other options. Thank God for this community, I've learned so much and now I have my friends and family joining the LHCF lifestyle. :rolleyes:

kismettt

daily/every other day co-wash & go, braids. haven't straighten it since chopping off most of my relaxed ends. when i was transitioning i would also do stretched out (with blow dryer) poofs. i'm in london now, so my hair is braided.

Nefertiti0906

Lately I've been wearing mine straight.

I leave it out for a couple of days, then I pull it back into my trusty bun :)

*This has been a life saver! Although it takes me about 3 hours a week (or every 2 weeks) to wash, condition and straighten, it only less than 5 minutes to style my hair daily

Last edited:

glam-

98% of the time I am either in a braidout, wash and go, or a puff made from one of the previous styles.

Muffinz05

I usually wear my hair in buns or just pin it up but since its starting to get cold, I'm going to start wearing two strand twist or cornrows.

BrittanyH26

While I'm in Spain, I have been doing two strand twists / twist outs every 3 or 4 days, then washing again. It is a very time consuming process, but I think it is worth it. :)

ToyToy

I've been wearing my hair in extensions (braids) for most of the year. I intend to keep my hair this way until it grows to APL (stretched). :)

Sridevi

I alternate between braid-outs and buns. When I do braidouts I vary the styles. I'll do half-up/half-down with a barette or clip or use scarfs or headbands. Every blue moon I'll straighten it to get a kick out of the length.

Ms_Twana

I usually wear my hair in buns or just pin it up but since its starting to get cold, I'm going to start wearing two strand twist or cornrows.

OMG, your hair is BEAUTIFUL!!!! :yep:

I alternate between braid-outs and buns. When I do braidouts I vary the styles. I'll do half-up/half-down with a barette or clip or use scarfs or headbands. Every blue moon I'll straighten it to get a kick out of the length.

I think I'm going to try a braid-out next. The only reason I haven't yet is the drying time. It takes longer to dry and at least I can go out with my twists in my hair. I'd look like Ms. Ceely from Color Purple if I went out with the braids in my hair. :lachen:

Digital Tempest

I wear my hair in a puff/bun/afro most of the time because 1.) I'm style-challenged and 2.) I have hair ADHD. I can't keep twists or braids in long now that I'm natural. When I was relaxed, no problem.

discodumpling

I'm in the middle of an intense training program, that ends in December. My hair gets water, moisturizer, & oil everyday that i've kept in a pigtail since late August.