Naturals: How do you wear your hair mostly?

Naturals: How do you wear your hair regularly???

• Total voters

Fine 4s

braids and twists during the week and braid-out/twist-out or something more 'creative' and stylish if I go out.

shae101s

I love twists and twist outs, but my ULTIMATE fav style has got to be the FroHawk ..I do mine with cornrows to the side and coils or twists in the middle...Its my all time fave! :)

see:

Love it!! ^_^

Candycane044

This is a great thread! I wear my hair ALWAYS in a braided bun and then put on my fake puff over it. I love this style and I can't get away from it!

kbragg

ladies I need a routine soooo very bad... but the style I have been rocking since I washed out my press is a puff. My dh hates my puffs because they are huge. It seems the longer my hair gets the harder it is to maintain..:perplexed

Your DH is retarded:lachen:(no offense:look:) cuz I'm drooling over the puff in your siggy!!!:drool:

Bint Yusef

I'm loving doing flat twist outs, they're so chic this season with big earrings. I Flat twist then roll the ends with perm rods and this is what I get.
That is so purty. I never thought to do flat twist outs. Ive been doing braidouts. I think I will switch it up.

goldenchica

I wash-n-go 'cause I'm still rocking a TWA after chopping off my perm of three years. Before that (the seventeen years I was natural) I wore my hair in twists. I'm really low maintenance so I think that once it gets long enough for some versatility I'll still try to keep my hands out of it most of the time, and just pull the front back with a clip. My hair is really thin, and a little IC fantasia gel with the sparklites is all I need for some control and curl definition

Ms_Twana

nappi

i usually have protective styles like wigs/braids/scarves

but when i do where my out it almost always pulled back in a puff

sunflower

I have the same problem. I usually put my hair in a puff. I CO every night then I will plait my hair using the baggy method. In the morning I take down my plaits and put my hair in a puff. I just now started growing it out but in the past I have been scissor happy. I have been natural for over seven years now. I'm embarrassed to say that I have been wearing puffs for the entire time.:lachen: I'm just a lazy person. The reason I went natural is because I was a lazy and now I'm tired of the puff.

QT

hello ladies!!!! for several months I was wearing twist, then I braided my hair in individual braids and I got HOOKED on low maintenance that I brought a wig. now I will be rocking a wig until the spring.

Fhrizzball

The reason I went natural is because I was a lazy.

Same here! I can never seem to do a puff right though so I use to wear ponytails but my hair's not long enough in some places so I decided to give that and bunning a rest 'til i grow out my layers. Right now I'm in crochet. After that I will just be doing twists, braidouts, and cornrows. It's all about protective/low matainence this year for me.

kaylac

I've been natural forever and until this past summer I pressed my hair about every two weeks. However this summer I decided to give my hair a rest and lay off on heat so I wore my hair in its natural state for the first time. I wore braidouts, wash n go's, buns and braids. Then, this winter I realized that those styles did not help me retain length because of the daily manipulation. So now I am back to flat-ironing my hair straight!

Aggie

I'm not natural, but I change up my looks an aweful lot, alternating between wearing my hair braided with extensions, wigs, sew-ins and buns. I very rarely rollerset my hair. When I am done with all these challenges by the end of this year like C & G method, hide your hair, wig, Bootcamp, etc, I will try more rollersetting then.

anniev2

i wear my hair straight. I just dont like how my hair feels when relaxed but i like my hair to be straight. I guess I need to stop since there are no other naturals here that are doing it. If it were an ok practice I guess i'd find more.

msa

i wear my hair straight. I just dont like how my hair feels when relaxed but i like my hair to be straight. I guess I need to stop since there are no other naturals here that are doing it. If it were an ok practice I guess i'd find more.

A whole bunch of naturals wear their hair straight. Search for the thread "naturals that straighten". It was started by Pinkskates. It's a great thread for being a straightened natural with healthy hair.

oooop2

Lately...I've been wearing my hair in twistouts. I used to love my WnG bun, but the weather is just too cold for all of that, and my dry buns don't look as good. So I'm back to my twist/twistout regime.

MrJohnsonsRib

no, once in awhile, for special events, b/c even if i straighten it i still have to wear it in a ponytail

I'm in the military too and I just decided to try natural but in the back of my mind i'm thinkning-How am I gonna get all of this stuff under my service hats and still be in regs???? I decided to worry about that when it gets closer to that point since I JUST recently began taking care of my hair..:nono: